Dexter: New Blood - Sins of the Father - (S1E10, Season Finale) - 1/9/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter: New Blood - Sins of the Father - (S1E10, Season Finale) - 1/9/22

Old 01-11-22, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 571 Posts
Re: Dexter: New Blood - Sins of the Father - (S1E10, Season Finale) - 1/9/22

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Maybe Harrison didn't deliver a fatal shot and Dexter survived.

He plead guilty to everything, and now he's serving life in Florida.

There's a new serial killer on the scene -- possibly part of a cult of serial killers -- and Dexter becomes the FBI and Miami Metro's Hannibal Lecter.

Dexter is content to be locked up behind bars where he can't hurt anyone and aiding the hunt for the killers, but he receives some information that Harrison might be either captured by the cult, or is a part of it, and starts to plan his escape...
I actually suggested Dexter in prison acting as a Hannibal Lecter type figure in an episode thread from earlier this season. I feel like that could have been interesting.

He would be more of a side character in that case, but it could have worked. He still would get a chance to somewhat feed his Dark Passenger but he would be behind bars.

Really too if you think about it that actually could have been kind of a best of both worlds scenario.

Dexter would be caught and not just in an endless cycle of getting away with killing, but he would have still been alive keeping the show going and fans happy to see him continue in some form.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-11-22 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-12-22, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 648 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
No way Hall would come back as a non-dead Dexter.
That was my first thought. Should they spin it off into a "Son of Dexter" series Dexter comes back as Harrison's ghost like Carpenter did for Dexter.

Old 01-12-22, 12:25 PM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
I'm surprised Hall didnt want to squeeze a few more seasons out. Looking at IMDb, hes working, but hes not busy.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
That was my first thought. Should they spin it off into a "Son of Dexter" series Dexter comes back as Harrison's ghost like Carpenter did for Dexter.
I think the reason this show ended with them killing Dexter was because Michael C Hall just doesn't want to be tied to this series long term again. Had he been up for continuing it there's no doubt in my mind there would have been a manhunt season, a trial season, then some behind bars Hanibal seasons. But he only signed onto this script because this script killed off the character. So don't expect a dark passenger ghost or him somehow surviving. As much as I think we'd all like more good Dexter, it's just not in the cards.
Old 01-12-22, 12:46 PM

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
I'm surprised Hall didnt want to squeeze a few more seasons out. Looking at IMDb, hes working, but hes not busy.
He does film, TV, theatre, and he has a band he tours with. He's got plenty going on.
Old 01-12-22, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker View Post
I think the reason this show ended with them killing Dexter was because Michael C Hall just doesn't want to be tied to this series long term again. Had he been up for continuing it there's no doubt in my mind there would have been a manhunt season, a trial season, then some behind bars Hanibal seasons. But he only signed onto this script because this script killed off the character. So don't expect a dark passenger ghost or him somehow surviving. As much as I think we'd all like more good Dexter, it's just not in the cards.
exactly. Hall is the Harrison Ford here. He will come back for something big, but only if his son kills him and ends the character.

This will probably be the last big or important thing Hall ever does. Thatís why he came back. He has the amazing Six Feet Under and Dexter.

I know heís been in other stuff but not much comes to mind.
Old 01-12-22, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 233 Posts

He was in a British limited series called Safe back in 2018.
Was only just OK, and I remember having a bunch of issues with the story line - but I don't remember much else from it. It was definitely weird hearing Michael C. Hall with an English accent - it sounded forced.
The following users liked this post:
Hubbub (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 648 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper View Post
exactly. Hall is the Harrison Ford here. He will come back for something big, but only if his son kills him and ends the character.

This will probably be the last big or important thing Hall ever does. Thatís why he came back. He has the amazing Six Feet Under and Dexter.

I know heís been in other stuff but not much comes to mind.

He was the bad guy in Gamer with Gerard Butler.
Old 01-12-22, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 600 Likes on 484 Posts

His band does kind of sound like Dexter murder music.

He always seems ready to swoop in when Broadway needs him as well, ie - Chicago (the role Richard Gere had in the movie), Hedwig and the Angry Inch (as Hedwig)
Old 01-12-22, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 112 Posts

There has been some talk about a Six Foot Under reboot(?) or revival of some kind. Don't know if he'd be involved with that at all.