Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Superman & Lois (CW) -- Season 2 -- Premieres 1/11/22

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-21, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Superman & Lois (CW) -- Season 2 -- Premieres 1/11/22

The 1st trailer came out a few weeks ago. The 2nd season premieres in less than 3 weeks.

I was a big fan of the 1st season and look forward to it coming back.
The following users liked this post:
gerrythedon (12-22-21)
Old 12-23-21, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Superman & Lois (CW) -- Season 2 -- Premieres 1/11/22

Not sure I’ll be able to stick with this the whole season but I’ll give it a shot. It pretty much went full Berlanti by the end of last season.
Old 01-11-22, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Season 2 premieres tonight

Season 1 is on HBO Max for anyone who's behind.
Old 01-11-22, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Do Anderson's trainees have the same powers as Supes? How? I really don't need the new girl and her dad to stick around. Could they have written her character to be more annoying? She was a bitch to everyone, and I don't care if she hates our Earth. I also don't get why Lois was bitchy with her family for 3 months just because she regretted not saying anything to the new girl when she arrived. Just a flimsy excuse to not have Lois & Clark get along for an episode.
Old 01-12-22, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Yeah, not a strong start to the season. Not much plot and they're already laying it on really heavy with the relationship drama and angst.

Lois catching Jonathan and his gf making out in bed was pretty funny. Looks like Sarah is starting to give Jordan the cold shoulder, maybe she met someone new at camp. I have zero interest right now in the new girl, and not much more in her father.

Do we know what's messing with Superman's head? Is it some after-effect from something that happened last season, or is it something new and unexplained?
Old 01-12-22, 09:13 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Do Anderson's trainees have the same powers as Supes? How?
They explained last season that people who were exposed to X-Kryptonite developed powers.

Kind of a dull episode, but looking forward to see where they go with the ending

Spoiler:
The producers confirmed that was Doomsday at the end

Old 01-12-22, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Hopefully, they got that kind of forced family drama out of their system so we don't have to see that again for the rest of the season. The things Natalie was saying made no sense. Her would was basically gone. Think you would be happy going to a place where none of that happened. Just act like you moved to a new town and have to redo everything.

The new general is an idoit. You have Superman on speed dial and give that away because he won't do 100% of what you want. I guess no help (Superman would of course still help if he knows about it) is somehow better than getting some when it's needed or comes up.

And at the end, I imagine most comic people know what that is.

Old 01-12-22, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Due to the way the discussion is going I think I'm going to pass. Too bad, Superman is still one of my favorite DC characters. There was a time in the 90's where I bought all the Super/Batman books.
Old 01-14-22, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I didn't have the same issues with the premiere. The issue with Lois did seem fabricated for maximum angst but otherwise I found the parenting drama mostly well handled. I'm guessing Sarah fell for someone else away at camp and doesn't know how to tell Jordan.

The new general's approach is made to introduce more conflict into the show. It seems like Clark may be spending more time with Lana and her husband this season.
Old 01-14-22, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I thought the premier was pretty consistent with season 1 and solid.

I agree it seems something I sniff with Sarah. I’m betting she met somebody at camp too.

The Lois stuff seemed forced, and I agree it didn’t make Henry’s daughter very approachable nor sympathetic.

I did enjoy the Clark and Lana kitchen scene. I think it showed more of a connection than S1.

For now, I’m disappointed in the confirmation of the closing piece. There are too many coincidences (really Smallville?!). And as I said with the films, they didn’t earn it. I think that story should have been saved for a 3rd or 4th season.
Old 01-17-22, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

I thought it was good. It was pretty consistent with most of season 1. The special effects still look pretty good to me, especially the North Korean submarine rescue sequence. I am interested to seeing what is going on with those visions that Clark is having. Maybe it's some residual after effects from his possession last season.

I know the cool thing is to hate on any stories involving teens, but I don't think the stories involving Jonathan and Jordan are problematic or too angsty.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-17-22 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-17-22, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

The stories with the teens haven't been that bad. I wonder if they'll get back to Clark training Jordan's emerging powers.
Old 01-17-22, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

I know the cool thing is to hate on any stories involving teens, but I don't think the stories involving Jonathan and Jordan are problematic or too angsty.
They are done better than a lot of others I've seen. Sometimes it feels like a LOT yet it doesn't feel like it's done poorly or over the top. Sometimes I've been surprised by doing something different than I thought they would. (Based on other storylines from other shows with people in that age range)

Old 01-19-22, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the new episode.

Entertaining overall. No real issues aside from not having more backups for his brother. Should have had something on him to weakness him just in case his powers came back.

Old 01-19-22, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
For the new episode.

Entertaining overall. No real issues aside from not having more backups for his brother. Should have had something on him to weakness him just in case his powers came back.
My main issue was the predictability of it all: Lana running for mayor after her candidate dropped out; Supe's bro escaping; Lana's daughter confessing she cheated; the source of the earthquakes being you-know-who. Also, I still don't see why we need the Seal lookalike or his daughter this season.
Old 01-19-22, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

I'm not a mechanic, but I'd be willing to bet the people who wrote this episode have never worked on cars, either.

I liked the stuff with Supes and his bro and his dead mom. And I'm glad they didn't drag out Sarah's secret any longer.
Old 01-19-22, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
I'm not a mechanic, but I'd be willing to bet the people who wrote this episode have never worked on cars, either.

I liked the stuff with Supes and his bro and his dead mom. And I'm glad they didn't drag out Sarah's secret any longer.
I assume they're going to ease her into a relationship with Natalie; it is the CW, after all.
Old 01-19-22, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
My main issue was the predictability of it all: Lana running for mayor after her candidate dropped out; Supe's bro escaping; Lana's daughter confessing she cheated; the source of the earthquakes being you-know-who. Also, I still don't see why we need the Seal lookalike or his daughter this season.
We all knew Lana would be running and of course, Clark's brother trying to escape. I don't understand why they would not have checked with some green kryptonite first or have the handcuffs made of it. It made zero sense to just take him along without making sure nothing could happen. I would have had a dozen safeguards in place.

I'm not quite sure what Irons and his Daughter are going to do. They are not bad or anything it's just the more characters they have the more they have to manage them all. Also the thing with Lois. She is an well regarded reporter from what I'm used to seeing in other versions so one issue is suppose to be a big deal where they are going to believe a cult leader over her? Maybe I missed something.
Old 01-21-22, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door

I know they established the daughter as a brilliant mechanic in S1, but I agree she did NOTHING. I actually laughed out loud when the car turned over. She took off the filter, and put it back on.

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I'm not quite sure what Irons and his Daughter are going to do. They are not bad or anything it's just the more characters they have the more they have to manage them all. Also the thing with Lois. She is an well regarded reporter from what I'm used to seeing in other versions so one issue is suppose to be a big deal where they are going to believe a cult leader over her? Maybe I missed something.
I agree. I’ve actually found the SV gazette reporter a little annoying since S1. I went with it, but she’s starting to grate in short order this season.
Old 01-23-22, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Generally enjoying this season and they sure seem to be hinting Doomsday which could be cool. The teen angst doesn’t bother me too much and the Superman sequences continue to impress (wish they could digitally erase Hoechlin’s perpetual five o’clock shadow which annoys me but the last time a Superman’s facial hair was digitally messed with didn’t go too well).

I agree the newspaper sequences are annoying, especially as I’m a journalist myself and they don’t bear much resemblance to reality. Lady, at a tiny little rag like Smallville you should just praise jeebus Lois Lane wants anything to do with you!
Old 01-27-22, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Looks they pulled a SWITCHAROO on who the is.

Old 01-27-22, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Jonathan is an idiot and Jordan is a pathetic bitch.
Old 01-28-22, 09:44 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed the first season, but I'm having a hard time caring about any of these characters.

The sons are are almost Dawn on Buffy level of annoying.
Old 02-22-22, 08:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I don’t think they used the word bizarre enough in tonight’s episode.
Old 02-24-22, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Good Superman vs Bizarro fight.
Wonder if a trip to Bizarro World will happen in a future episode? Hope So.

The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (02-28-22)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.