Reload this Page >

The DVDTalk Amazing Race Game -- Winter 2022 Edition

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The DVDTalk Amazing Race Game -- Winter 2022 Edition

Old 03-02-22, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 177 Posts
Re: The DVDTalk Amazing Race Game -- Winter 2022 Edition

These are the standings going into tonight!

Old 03-02-22, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't believe my forgetting to choose in the draft was actually a good thing!!! You go girls!!
Old 03-03-22, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations GatorDeb! Send me a PM with your name and the email address of your Amazon account and I will get your prize to you ASAP!

This turned out to be a pretty good season and not just because I won the 2nd game.

Thanks to all for participating this season and special thanks to Goldberg74, lwhy? And JuryDuty.

The following 2 users liked this post by Damfino:
chowderhead (03-03-22), lwhy? (03-05-22)
Old 03-03-22, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats Damfino and GatorDeb! They were solid picks and did great the entire race. I thought Ryan and Dusty might pull through in that final leg, but even had they hit that last challenge first, I think they'd have been overtaken. Great game, all!
The following users liked this post:
chowderhead (03-04-22)
Old 03-03-22, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The following users liked this post:
chowderhead (03-04-22)
Old 03-03-22, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to the winners, Damfino & GatorDeb. Kim & Penn made the least mistakes over the entire race, so I was happy to see them win.
Old 03-04-22, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Omg omg omg omg

First time I win one of these (also play Survivor). Even winning this I've probably still lost more over all the games I've played but I'm hooked.

I didn't even want Kim and Penn my first three choices were taken (all male teams) and I didn't think anyone of the ones left were going to win but I like their videos, that's the only reason I picked them. I had no idea Kim was so capable and I thought Penn was just there for comic relief and I thought he wasn't going to take this as seriously as he should. And part of the reason my top 3 (and only teams I wanted) were taken was because I was late because I forgot (again) about the draft after writing the day before don't forget don't forget

I'm still in shock.

Best part of the episode, when that team caught up to Arun and Natalia and said there's Arun and Natalia I was sure their next words were going to be (or should have been) crap we went the wrong way

I spent the whole second half of the episode thinking the girls had it. I was convinced.

This was a great season, really enjoyed it. The girls were a fantastically strong team. I loved the lack of bickering overall after coach was eliminated.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 03-04-22 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-04-22, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Omg omg omg omg

First time I win one of these (also play Survivor). Even winning this I've probably still lost more over all the games I've played but I'm hooked.

I didn't even want Kim and Penn my first three choices were taken (all male teams) and I didn't think anyone of the ones left were going to win but I like their videos, that's the only reason I picked them. I had no idea Kim was so capable and I thought Penn was just there for comic relief and I thought he wasn't going to take this as seriously as he should. And part of the reason my top 3 (and only teams I wanted) were taken was because I was late because I forgot (again) about the draft after writing the day before don't forget don't forget

I'm still in shock.

Best part of the episode, when that team caught up to Arun and Natalia and said there's Arun and Natalia I was sure their next words were going to be (or should have been) crap we went the wrong way

I spent the whole second half of the episode thinking the girls had it. I was convinced.

This was a great season, really enjoyed it. The girls were a fantastically strong team. I loved the lack of bickering overall after coach was eliminated.

Winners paid!

The Amazing Race game will (hopefully) return to normal now that we seem to be putting Covid behind us.
Old 03-04-22, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
I have never watched an episode of TAR but my mother-in-law loves it (but not as much as she loves Survivor).
So, what did you think of your first TAR season? Iíve always liked TAR over Survivor because the teams are always on the run and always visiting multiple countries. Survivor has too much of the contestants sitting on a beach complaining about each other. I still like Survivor, but TAR is the better show IMHO.
Old 03-05-22, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Damfino View Post
So, what did you think of your first TAR season? Iíve always liked TAR over Survivor because the teams are always on the run and always visiting multiple countries. Survivor has too much of the contestants sitting on a beach complaining about each other. I still like Survivor, but TAR is the better show IMHO.
The Amazing Race is fun to watch... but I was a little taken aback by the non-elimination legs of the competition, it seemed like every other episode the wrong team went home (looking at you Arun and Natalia) and I was about to lose it if they won it all. Glad they didn't.

I do like the vibe of the players better here than in Survivor, I found myself rooting for more than one person and would have been happy with either of the first three finishers taking it all. I'm glad that the Holderness Family won (they're my age) and the flight attendants or best buddies would've been fine... but it the daddy/daughter won... Ooooooooo.

I've been quite busy, so I didn't watch every episode all the way through - truth be told, I still haven't watched the last three episodes. I have Paramount+ and will finish the season.

I'm looking forward to a "normal" TAR next season and since I've seen another season (and with Paramount+), I might go back this summer and watch a season or two... which leads me to ask: Are their any stand out seasons I should go back to?
Old 03-05-22, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 263 Likes on 205 Posts

Congratulations Damfino and GatorDeb! Now on to Survivor!
Old 03-05-22, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks! And yes! Time to get eliminated early again!!
Old 03-06-22, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Are their any stand out seasons I should go back to?
Iíd have to think about that. You already saw some classic moments in the foley challenge like the watermelon backfire and the broken ox. I will say this much, you can skip the family edition which a lot of us thought was the weakest season. The fact that they havenít done it again says a lot.