Reload this Page >

The Expanse (Amazon) -- The 6th and Final season -- Premieres 12/10/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-11-21, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Holden and the crew of the Rocinante fight alongside the Combined Fleet of Earth and Mars to protect the Inner Planets from Marco Inaros and his Free Navyís campaign of death and destruction. Meanwhile, on a distant planet beyond the Rings, a new power rises.

6 episode 6th and Final season. Premiered yesterday and is releasing weekly.
Old 12-11-21, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: The Expanse (Amazon) -- The 6th and Final season -- Premieres 12/10/21

I really hope Amazon decides to pick up the final 3 books for an adaptation. I haven't read them, but I'd like the story to be completed.
Old 12-11-21, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Off to a good start so far. The crew of the Rocinante looks tired and Earth is f*cked.
Old 12-12-21, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They have secret scenes somewhere in the UI. I have seen any yet just seen people post about them.
Old 12-12-21, 12:11 PM

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I really hope Amazon decides to pick up the final 3 books for an adaptation. I haven't read them, but I'd like the story to be completed.
I haven't read that far yet either, but I've been told there is a time jump for those last three, so this is probably a good place to stop for now Maybe they'll make the last three some other time?
Old 12-12-21, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Alcon Entertainment still has the production rights and can shop it around to other services / networks.
The following users liked this post:
Rodney2187 (12-12-21)
Old 12-12-21, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Episode 1 was okay, but not a lot seemed to happen. Normally I wouldnít mind, but with only 6 episodes total only 5 to go!
Old 12-12-21, 04:19 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm still waiting for them to release Season 5 on blu-ray...
Old 12-21-21, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 258 Likes on 211 Posts

Well, for once I'm actually on top of one of these shows!

I just watched through the first five seasons last January/February, and while the show was a little uneven (and completely lacking in humor) I really enjoyed it.

Now I'm caught up and waiting for the next episode. I really liked the first two of this season. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Old 12-21-21, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 147 Posts

the first couple of episodes seem to be much tighter than last season. Good pacing and progression of the storyline. Sad to see this series go but nice to see a good run toward the end.
Old 12-21-21, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jpcamb View Post
the first couple of episodes seem to be much tighter than last season. Good pacing and progression of the storyline.
Exactly. The pacing and storyline progression has been very well handled in the first two episodes. Nothing's being dragged out like some stuff was in previous seasons.

At least so far. Hopefully with fewer episodes this season it stays that way. I'd love more episodes than we're gonna get if they were all like this, though.
Old 12-24-21, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently there are some shorts available, but you have to view on a phone, tablet, or PC.

I havenít tried yet so I donít know if you can do anywhere in the episodes or need to do at specific points.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/24/...l-amazon-x-ray
Old 12-24-21, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Apparently there are some shorts available, but you have to view on a phone, tablet, or PC.

I havenít tried yet so I donít know if you can do anywhere in the episodes or need to do at specific points.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/24/...l-amazon-x-ray
The Amazon x-ray shorts are excellent and can be watched at any time. I found them through the app on my FireTV.
Old 12-25-21, 08:50 AM

I'm wishing Holden didn't disarm that torpedo.
Old 12-26-21, 11:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Partly based on the enthusiasm for this show here I tried to watch the first season. I found the sound design screwy. Effects were too loud and conversation was too low. Also why are radio communications in the future filled with static and distortion? My cell phone doesn't do that. A silly reason to stop watching a show but if I want to read subtitles I'll watch Jean-Luc Godard.
Old 12-26-21, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by DeFan View Post
Partly based on the enthusiasm for this show here I tried to watch the first season. I found the sound design screwy. Effects were too loud and conversation was too low.
I've found the sound to be extraordinary. What device are you using to stream?

Originally Posted by DeFan View Post
Also why are radio communications in the future filled with static and distortion? My cell phone doesn't do that.
You aren't calling Jupiter.

I'd say the first half of the first season has a few issues. The story doesn't flow as well in my opinion. The show takes some getting used to. Nothing is really explained. You have to figure things out from context. Once you get acclimated to all the factions and their motives, it really does take off. This also makes subsequent rewatches fun too. There's always something new to pick up on. Also, the show is praised for its science accuracy and depictions of space travel. I love the orientation of ships and how they simulate gravity. I think if you stick with it, you'll be rewarded.
Old 12-26-21, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodney2187 View Post
You aren't calling Jupiter..
One of the things I love about this show is that space travel is not easy and routine. And communicating in space is often difficult unless you are very close to the person you are trying to talk to and can "tightbeam."
Rodney2187 (12-26-21)
Old 12-26-21, 08:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I've found the sound to be extraordinary. What device are you using to stream?

You aren't calling Jupiter.

I'd say the first half of the first season has a few issues. The story doesn't flow as well in my opinion. The show takes some getting used to. Nothing is really explained. You have to figure things out from context. Once you get acclimated to all the factions and their motives, it really does take off. This also makes subsequent rewatches fun too. There's always something new to pick up on. Also, the show is praised for its science accuracy and depictions of space travel. I love the orientation of ships and how they simulate gravity. I think if you stick with it, you'll be rewarded.
Thanks, I'll give it another try
Rodney2187 (12-26-21)
Old 12-26-21, 08:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Also, the show is praised for its science accuracy and depictions of space travel.
Except for the sounds that the rocket engines make in the vacuum of space. Poetic license, I guess. And they all do it. I love the show anyway.
Old 12-28-21, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another really good episode (episode 3). They're in a groove. I'm really enjoying this season, maybe even more than the others.

And, yeah, Holden shouldn't have disarmed the torpedo. That could come back to haunt him later.
Old 01-01-22, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Thereís something Iím finding a little inert about this season with only two episodes to go. Feels like too much time with Marco and the same conflicts we had last season and not much in the way of setting up and endgame. Itís not terrible, but Iím not riveted to the screen like Iíve often been in previous seasons.
Old 01-02-22, 06:06 PM

Only two episodes left. I've only read the first book, so I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but I can;t help wanting a huge climactic explosive ending. I love Drummer. She's my favorite character. Her message at the end of episode 4 was awesome. That should get the ball rolling!
Old 01-02-22, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Antipodean View Post
Thereís something Iím finding a little inert about this season with only two episodes to go. Feels like too much time with Marco and the same conflicts we had last season and not much in the way of setting up and endgame. Itís not terrible, but Iím not riveted to the screen like Iíve often been in previous seasons.
Only two episodes left. I've only read the first book, so I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but I can;t help wanting a huge climactic explosive ending. I love Drummer. She's my favorite character. Her message at the end of episode 4 was awesome. That should get the ball rolling!
I agree. I figured ep 4 would be a turning point - like some big external ring threat - and theyíd have to band together. However, I guess that wouldnít be consistent with the entire series that has centered on the dynamics between Earth, Mars and the belt.

Still, Iím completely agree weíve seen all this Macro and son stuff on repeat for season 5 plus now. Plus, I keep thinking Philip has grown a conscious, and then he continues to do stupid things - like the end of episode 4. At this point Iím over him and do wish Holden had of let the torpedo go. Like Amos said, it all would have been over.

I havenít read the books either, but was hoping for a return of ďMillerĒ, but Iím not holding out hope at this point.

Im slog if to skip next week and watch the last two back to back, and will check back in after.
Old 01-04-22, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Episode 4 was a bit slower, and not as much happened, but it was still really good.

Yeah, I wish Holden hadn't disarmed that warhead, but they gave him a compelling reason for doing it. I would have had a hard time doing it in his position, too. I probably would have just lived with the consequences of killing Filip, but I can see how it would be hard to do.

Two episodes left, huh. Feels like there should be at least 3, if not 4. They're going to have to cram a whole lot into those episodes to complete this storyline. And given that, why are they bothering with the stuff on the ring planet? That seems really unrelated and extraneous. Kind of makes me think that either they thought maybe they'd get one more season, or they're going to tie it in to the finale somehow.
Old 01-04-22, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 882 Likes on 669 Posts

Caught up. Iíve been wanting to see Bobby on the Roci for so long now, too bad itís only a few episodes. Really feels like theyíre should be more than two episodes and to go. I feel like Filip is going to stage a coup against his father.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.