Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

Old 05-26-23, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

This season has been a chore to get through. Silly resolution to the murdered artist guy. Not sure if i'll be back for Season 3 (I believe it's been renewed?)
Old 05-26-23, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,359 Likes on 4,352 Posts
Re: Yellowjackets (Showtime) - S: Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
This season has been a chore to get through. Silly resolution to the murdered artist guy. Not sure if i'll be back for Season 3 (I believe it's been renewed?)
It's on Showtime. It will probably run for 7-9 seasons and spawn a couple of spin-offs or sister series as well.

And I liked this season, especially after the women finally all got back together. Plus Elijah Wood was nothing short of fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
BDB (06-25-23)
Old 05-26-23, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts

I liked this season, but there is a sense that wheels are starting to spin a bit. I actually quite liked Shauna's line at the end
Spoiler:
“You know there’s no it, right? It was just us.” It reframes the series less as some Lost-esque muddle of fantasy and reality and focuses it more as a hard look at the consequences of the girls' PTSD. On the other hand, it doesn't really explain things like Tai's split personality very well, but personally, I would like it if the show abandoned trying to imagine some mysterious "It". I'm gonna miss the adult Natalie as Juliette Lewis was superb in this, but it was a suitable shocker to end on and it'll be interesting to see how the modern day storylines go.
I hope Elijah Wood comes back as he added some great unpredictable chaos to everything.
Old 05-27-23, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Underwhelming. Both this and 'From' had such promising first seasons, then slowed to crawl this year wasting time on wheelspinning with redundant nonsense. Add to that the fact that it will be at least 2 years until season 3, and I'm out.
Bah.
Old 05-27-23, 07:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

The drop in quality from season 1 to 2 was pretty severe.

Cocah Ben is the only character I’m really interest to see what happens to him.
Old 05-27-23, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,814 Likes on 1,934 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
The drop in quality from season 1 to 2 was pretty severe.
Just wait until they get to season ten! (This is Showtime we're talkin' 'bout.)
Old 05-28-23, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Cocah Ben is the only character Iím really interest to see what happens to him.
He probably dies at some point in S3 but it would be nice if he somehow survived. They are pretty much done w/the "present day storylines", no? Doesn't seem like they are much there that's of much interest. I think the "it chose" was a copout. They just wanted to survive and stay alive more.
Old 05-28-23, 08:49 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Season two was a bit of a disjointed mess. Iím also curious where the coachís story is headed; the fact that they donít talk about him being dead in the future likely means heís not, but weíll see. I hope we get more Walter and Misty shenanigans, but the others have become a complete bore, except maybe the asshole cop.

They really shouldnít drag this out much longerÖ itíd be smarter to tie it up at the end of Season 3.
Old 05-29-23, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts

Interesting the split in this show as most of the women I know online and in real space love it. Iím enjoying it myself but seems like most in this thread didnít like season 2 an out of curiosity are there any women posters at all in this thread?
Old 05-30-23, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm female. Its not too bad of a show, altho I sort of find the supernatural stuff a bit lame. I'm in it to see how they finally get rescued from there.
Old 05-30-23, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 961 Likes on 732 Posts

I really enjoyed the finale. Like I already mentioned, I'm far more invested in the team's 90s timeline in the wilderness than in the current day, but I did like Shauna's reveal that there was no "it", just the girls going crazy due to starvation.

And I was wondering how they'd top the gut punch of season 1's end, and they managed to do it. That's a real game changer, especially when you already know they're still nearly a calendar year away from rescue
Old 06-01-23, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 293 Likes on 185 Posts

I'm still in. My gf and I find it very entertaining. Seeing the varying degrees of fucked up each one of them is makes for good drama
Old 06-02-23, 11:17 AM

This is interesting...
Old 06-02-23, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Just wait until they get to season ten! (This is Showtime we're talkin' 'bout.)
Seeing the way Showtime is going, a Murder Hornets spin off is all but guaranteed.
Old 06-02-23, 08:53 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I love this show. Season 2 was just as good as season 1 to me. Loving the hint of supernatural juxtaposed against the more likely PTSD trauma possibilities. The show runners have said from the beginning they envision it to run 4 seasons. They had an end game in mind from the beginning so I wouldn't worry about it being stretched out. I'm almost certain Van's cancer will magically go into remission and they will attribute it to the wilderness. That will drive the current day crew to another hunt.

The bonus episode is a prequel episode about the corpse they found living in the cabin when they first found it. hey already showed off some set photos as the man playing him is the Shauna actress' husband.

I have no idea how they survive another year in the wilderness with no shelter. They will obviously find the underground caves. But coach Ben seemingly trying to burn them alive is a dark turn for a character they had shown to me the moral compass. So I'm wondering if there's something else at play there. Javi did mention a friend helping him out, a "she". Is there going to be someone else in those caves? Is the "she" just Tai's alter ego? Is "she" the ghost of the original cabin man's daughter or something? Still a lot of intriguing ideas to work through left for this series.
Old 06-25-23, 11:51 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts

Just caught up on this. Wife and I feel the same. Massive drop off in season 2. Saving grace was the addition of Elijah Wood. That and the music continues being amazing.
The following users liked this post:
Bandoman (06-26-23)
Old 05-14-24, 12:40 PM

Season 3 now in production.

Don't know whatever happened to the bonus episode.