DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW) -- Season 7 and Beyond

Old 10-13-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,218 Posts
DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW) -- Season 7 and Beyond

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13

SEASON PREMIERE

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"The Bullet Blondes" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

COMFORT ZONE - After defeating the aliens and saving Earth, the Legends find themselves stranded in 1925 Odessa, Texas with a destroyed Waverider. Wanting to help fix things, Astra (Olivia Swann) tries using her powers, which creates unwanted attention from the town and that of the new Director of the Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover, and a surprise no one expected. Realizing they need to escape, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ava (Jes Macallan) create a distraction by going on a crime spree with Hoover hot on their tails. Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) is finding it hard to get over Constantine, so Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) suggests the only thing he knows that can help. Nick Zano, Adam Tsekham, Lisseth Chavez and Amy Pemberton also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#701). Original airdate 10/13/2021.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com

New season starts tonight. I guess the majority of this forum doesn't watch this anymore. The season 6 thread was completely dead all summer. No comments beyond the 1st week. So, here's a thread for season 7 and beyond.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-13-21 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-13-21, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW) -- Season 7 and Beyond

The last season was poor. I'll check it out, but not particularly excited about it. Wish they would just stick to time travel.
Old 10-14-21, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

The 100th episode is bringing a few characters from years gone by.

Old 10-14-21, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 452 Likes on 389 Posts

Wow, they are bringing Hawkman back. They never really knew what to do with the character since his main flying effect couldn't be used that much.
Old 10-14-21, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

I kind of wish the Rouths would have told them to pound sand, but he's probably too nice of a guy.
Old 10-15-21, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I’m still watching, but not really enjoying it. Heatwave being pregnant with alien babies is like the 10th jump the shark moment for this show, yet I respect their willingness to go into full-on absurdity. It’s kinda funny how Covid delays (I assume) apparently caused only like a 3-week or so delay between seasons.
Old 10-16-21, 12:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, didn't care much for last season or this premiere. Come to think of it, I wasn't much of a fan of Season 5 either. I think I'll give this until the 100th episode in two weeks and most likely call it quits after that. Decent stopping point and easy to remember if I decide to pick it up again. Just feels like it's strayed so far from anything comic related now.

Getting tired with The Flash as well but I'm giving that until the mid season break most likely. Was subconsciously hoping Flash or Legends would be announced as a final season before they started and then I'd see it through. Finishing off Supergirl solely for that reason. And I'm undecided on sticking with Batwoman but haven't seen the premiere yet.
Old 01-20-22, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Matt Letscher returns as Eobard Thawne for 2 episodes.

https://tvline.com/2022/01/13/legend...episode-10-11/

Old 01-20-22, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ever since Routh left, I've more or less dropped this show. I'll put it on as background viewing but not really pay attention. The producers seem to be using their creative freedom to spoof anything they can but it's a bunch of characters seemingly smashed together with little thought.
Old 01-20-22, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

It's always been a spoof. The thing I like I about this show vis a vis the other CW superhero shows is that it doesn't take itself seriously.

It's basically a comedy.
Old 01-21-22, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't seen any of the old seasons since their aired. I still remember season 1. If I went back now it would feel so different from later seasons. (Which is fine)
Old 01-21-22, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 499 Likes on 307 Posts

I've been watching this show since the beginning, but I let a bunch of episodes build up unwatched on my DVR and last night I deleted them and canceled my season pass. The last season or two just did nothing for me and it was feeling like a chore to watch anymore.
Old 01-21-22, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

I still love this show.
Old 01-21-22, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I probably would have kept paying attention if they still paid lip service to the superhero stuff but the satire and comedy are traipsing far beyond the genre at this point.
The following users liked this post:
Boondock Saint (01-21-22)
Old 03-04-22, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

I actually find this is just about the only "Arrowverse" show left I watch anymore (unless you count "Superman and Lois," which is kind of Arrow-verse adjacent).

So the 7th season is wrapped up now, and no details yet on whether they'll have an eighth. On the one hand, I love the sheer goofy anything-goes spirit of this show, even if it ceased have anything to really do with the comics universe at all. It's like a hell of a lot more fun version of the modern "Doctor Who" to me and the cast are mostly genuinely enjoyable - they even made Gary seem cool this season, quite a feat.

But there was a sense of wrapping it all up in the final few episodes of this season and a very valedictory feel. I'd almost be happy if it ended here ... except! Booster Gold! If this is all we see of Donald Faison in the role, that's going to end up quite a tease as he was a lot of fun in the finale.
Old 04-11-22, 06:00 PM

Received 143 Likes on 123 Posts

I just started this up on Netflix, and am already on Season 2's fifth episode. I am so glad I am finally watching as I walked away from the Arrowverse shows many years back, but folks on this site always hinted that this is the type of show you could get into and not worry about having not watched the other Arrowverse shows. It sounds like the show is barely worth watching since Brandon Routh left the show in Season 5, but I have a lot of fun episodes to watch before that happens. I will probably just stick with the show until I am caught up to the 7th season. I have always liked Caity Lotz, but as I watch the Legends episodes it really hits me just how gorgeous she is. I love how she gets to wear so many different outfits on the show, as she makes each outfit shine.

Old 04-12-22, 09:08 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Seasons 2 and 3 were the peaks. Past that it’s a slow descent into something that goes all in on the zaniness, but only pulls it off like half the time at most. If I told you some of the plot points of the latest season you’d definitely be thinking “wtf have I gotten myself into?”
Old 04-13-22, 02:58 PM

Nice to hear that I am in the thick of watching peak Legends. I am about done with Season 2 Ep 15, so I have a few more eps to go before I hit season 3. Good to know that it is a fairly slow/gentle decline in quality until Season 5 rolls up and we lose Brandon (already sad about that, such is life). One thing I like about this show is that it looks like at most there were 18 to 19 eps a season, so it is not such a slog to get through 22/23 episode seasons that never seen to end.

Another thing that is proof that seasons 2 and 3 are definitely highpoints in the history of the show is the cast, you get Vixen, Major Steele, cameos by the guy who played Snart, Neal McDonough, just a real solid line-up of folks. I do love that they really moved on from the Vandal Savage story-line that took up most/all of Season 1, as I was not a fan of that storyline, and I much prefer the Villain's played by Neal McDonough and that dude from the Flash show. Vixen/Amaya being a regular for, according to IMDB, 64 episodes is fantastic, love the character and nice to see she was a recurring character for several seasons.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 04-13-22 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-23-22, 11:00 PM

I am on Season 4, but I have to say that the Season 3 finale episode is one of the greatest hours of tv I have ever watched in my lifetime. Beebo wants cuddles, just a wonderful action sequence. The episode also holds a special place in my heart because it also co-starred Jonah Hex. I am so loving this show and should be caught up in hopefully less than 3 weeks.
Old 04-24-22, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
I am on Season 4, but I have to say that the Season 3 finale episode is one of the greatest hours of tv I have ever watched in my lifetime. Beebo wants cuddles, just a wonderful action sequence. The episode also holds a special place in my heart because it also co-starred Jonah Hex. I am so loving this show and should be caught up in hopefully less than 3 weeks.
That finale is probably the show's high water mark. It remains a watchable comedy the next couple seasons.
Old 04-29-22, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 914 Likes on 591 Posts

...and it's cancelled too.

So of currently ongoing series, the formerly-Arrowverse is down to just The Flash (which can't be too much longer for the world) and Superman & Lois, right? I haven't been keeping up with Naomi (I'm a couple seasons behind on everything), but it doesn't seem to have been renewed yet, and I don't know how, if at all, it ties into this continuity.
Old 04-29-22, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk God

The Flash and Superman and Lois were the only DC CW shows renewed.

It's looking doubtful that Naomi will get renewed. And Naomi is not affiliated with the Arrowverse. It's a standalone entity.

Stargirl's new season doesn't air until summer.
Old 04-29-22, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Gonna miss it. This had a lot more life in it than Flash, which I gave up on a couple of seasons ago. A great example of a series ending as something almost completely different than it started out as, but it became a lot more fun when it decided not to give a damn.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Normally they know ahead of time if I show is going to end or not. They still have to wrap up what happened at the end of season seven.
Old 04-29-22, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
Normally they know ahead of time if I show is going to end or not. They still have to wrap up what happened at the end of season seven.
Don't count on it. That's not how the TV business works. They don't owe the fans a proper "wrap up" Look at Arrow, there are 2 storylines that never got a nice wrap up. Diggle (Green Lantern tease) and Oliver's son is still missing. The story said that they are leaving it open for a few cast members to guest star on the remaining shows. The only show that would make any sense would be The Flash. Superman and Lois has essentially stayed away from being linked to the other shows.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.