Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW) -- Season 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW) -- Season 7

Yes, although I haven't watched the Flash for a few seasons now, hopefully they can fit in a 'send off' episode for the Legends and wrap it up nicely sometime next season, since it's the last proper "Arrowverse" show left standing.
Old 04-30-22, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Don't count on it. That's not how the TV business works. They don't owe the fans a proper "wrap up" Look at Arrow, there are 2 storylines that never got a nice wrap up. Diggle (Green Lantern tease) and Oliver's son is still missing. The story said that they are leaving it open for a few cast members to guest star on the remaining shows. The only show that would make any sense would be The Flash. Superman and Lois has essentially stayed away from being linked to the other shows.
CW has mostly been really good at knowing ahead of time when a show was going to end so they could wrap everything up. Having a show on for seven years and not even doing that is a cheap move. Of course, every show owns us a proper wrap-up or ending. (This is why I hate cliffhangers) At least legends ended their current story and this was just tacted on at the end. The reason I say a show owes us an ending is there are a TON of shows I never would have started if I had known they would get canceled on a cliffhanger. (Legends is not that bad and I would still have watched it)

Overall if a story can't bother to tell a whole story I can't be bothered to watch as it's mostly a waste of time. (Thinking shows that ended on major cliffhangers that was part of the season long story)

As for Diggle, they just won't give a straight answer on that one. I figured at the end of Arrow it was always meant as a tease of the future and had no plans to show more.
Old 04-30-22, 02:20 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
CW has mostly been really good at knowing ahead of time when a show was going to end so they could wrap everything up.
New owners now. I wouldn’t expect the same approach.
Old 04-30-22, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

The CW network is up for sale and WB has now owners as dex just said. They aren’t going to conduct business like in the past.

Superman and Lois may stick around for a few more years, but the Arrowverse as we knew it is essentially dead now.
Old 04-30-22, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

It was a show that knew it was absurd and went with it (unlike the other superhero shows they had), so I enjoyed it.
Old 04-30-22, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The CW network is up for sale and WB has now owners as dex just said. They aren’t going to conduct business like in the past.

Joy, Now they will be just as bad as everyone else that can't finish a story. Guess I'll have to go back to waiting until a show is done to know if it's safe or not

Last edited by Xiroteus; 04-30-22 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-01-22, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dcs-le...hanger-ending/

The Legends of Tomorrow showrunner takes the blame for the incomplete ending.

She wrote in the cliffhanger to try to pressure the CW to give it another season and as she said..."Lost"

Also, she wasn't even going to return to season 8. She had decided to leave the show and not renew her contract.

Old 05-01-22, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dcs-le...hanger-ending/

The Legends of Tomorrow showrunner takes the blame for the incomplete ending.

She wrote in the cliffhanger to try to pressure the CW to give it another season and as she said..."Lost"

Also, she wasn't even going to return to season 8. She had decided to leave the show and not renew her contract.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc9fhqWr..._web_copy_link
They really need to stop thinking cliffhangers work on people that run the networks. They don't care which has been proven over and over by all the canceled shows that were left on cliffhangers. Sure, normally CW is safe and they know ahead of time if a show will be picked up or not. Maybe that played into it as well. Could also film two endings just in case. (Simple not expensive endings as it would take a simple tweak to have a more wrapped up story)
Old 05-01-22, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So the multi-series crossover events are pretty much dead at this point, it seems. They could bring back some of the characters from these canceled shows and have them show up on The Flash, but that will probably be ending soon anyway. Superman and Lois seems generally disconnected from the rest of remaining Arrowverse and Stargirl is a different Earth and it doesn't always run concurrently with these other shows and is probably better on its own. I guess Diggle did show on The Flash and Superman and Lois so they can still do stuff like that.
Old 05-01-22, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I didn’t want to make my exit public until after season 8 was picked up. Well… shit. I am truly gutted that Legends of Tomorrow won’t get a final run to wrap things up.
She says this as if a showrunner leaving has no bearing on a show's renewal prospects.
Old 05-15-22, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

A week or two back I finished up the 7th season. I loved this show and it was so much fun to watch with a great cast. It will be missed but I am very happy with what we got.
Old 05-25-22, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

The show ran its course. Once they got rid of Routh, I had little interest in keeping up. The show became populated with too many back-up and supporting characters becoming leads.
Old 05-25-22, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Phantom, you and others could argue that the show jumped the shark at least two seasons before it ended, and while I would not disagree I really enjoyed watching this cast of characters (even the fairly new additions to the cast grew on me pretty quickly) so much that the ongoing storyline where Sara Lance was now part alien, and the showrunners bringing the Gary character to the forefront of many eps in the series final 2 seasons, this stuff just did not bother me.

The show remained fun and crazy to the very end and I continue to hope that there will be an announcement where we learn that some of the Legends team ends up putting in some appearances on The Flash. I will not bang this drum 24 hours a day 7 days a week, but nonetheless, I will beat this drum on a fairly frequent basis.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (05-25-22)
Old 05-25-22, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The show ran its course. Once they got rid of Routh, I had little interest in keeping up. The show became populated with too many back-up and supporting characters becoming leads.

Well..that's your opinion. And yes, 7 seasons is a very good run for any show. However, just because you personally felt it was over that does not mean others felt the same. Hell,this last season was rockin' up to some new and exciting story lines.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-25-22 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-25-22, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It would be a good run if it was intended to end. Things are still in the air so it's not correctly a completed run.