DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Orville: New Horizons (Hulu) -- premieres 6/2/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/653828-orville-new-horizons-hulu-premieres-6-2-22-a.html)

MLBFan24 09-23-21 12:05 PM

The Orville: New Horizons (Hulu) -- premieres 6/2/22

"The Orville: New Horizons" arrives March 10, 2022.

BearFan 09-23-21 12:26 PM

re: The Orville: New Horizons (Hulu) -- premieres 6/2/22

About damned time!

The Cow 09-23-21 12:28 PM

:banana:

Inhumans99 09-23-21 12:39 PM

Yay, something to look forward to in the new year (but still, it is going to be a long wait since we are still only in Sep of this year, over 6 months to go). At least we do have a date when it airs.

milo bloom 09-23-21 01:24 PM

Hot damn! I have missed this show so much.

RichC2 09-23-21 01:34 PM

Considering the subtitle, I kinda wonder if this is a soft reboot.

MLBFan24 09-23-21 01:41 PM

I thought the new title was referring to the change from FOX to Hulu.

BearFan 09-23-21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13988118)
Considering the subtitle, I kinda wonder if this is a soft reboot.

Something with the music and the voiceovers made me think of Season 2 of Buck Rogers ... I know I have to be 100% wrong here .. but if there is a Hawk guy, I will not be happy

ben12 09-23-21 02:22 PM

Looks like they were filming with some pretty extreme COVID precautions.

Giantrobo 09-23-21 03:27 PM

Nice...

Eric F 09-23-21 04:00 PM

I think Lower Decks accomplishes everything The Orville tries to do but better. I wonder how much Lower Decks Seth watched during his downtime?

I wish they could have kept this show going more consistently.

B5Erik 12-17-21 04:56 PM

Bruce Boxleitner just posted this on Instagram...

He said that he will be on, "Several episodes," this season!

Gizmo 12-17-21 05:42 PM

This has got to be one of the weirdest and longest brakes between a show.

Renewed by Fox for S3. They start shooting and 'Canceled' by Fox and picked up by Hulu. Years pass...and finally, Hulu!

emachine12 12-17-21 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 14027101)
This has got to be one of the weirdest and longest brakes between a show.

Renewed by Fox for S3. They start shooting and 'Canceled' by Fox and picked up by Hulu. Years pass...and finally, Hulu!

Futurama - Canned by Fox, Brought back as movies, Movies broken apart & bought by Comedy Central, New proper seasons ordered by Comedy Central

Arrested Development - Canned by Fox, Revived by Netflix

You know, the problem could be Fox’s management team… too bad Disney only has control over the production teams and not the channel executives.

Eric F 12-17-21 07:19 PM

If only someone picked up Almost Human.

milo bloom 12-18-21 08:36 AM

So glad to see this back.

joltman 12-18-21 09:03 AM

It's been so long I totally forgot this was coming back.This is going to premiere just shy of 3 years since the last episode aired.

dex14 02-04-22 11:56 AM

Fans of Seth MacFarlane’s space adventure series The Orville impatiently awaiting its third season—titled The Orville: New Horizons, in its move from Fox to Hulu—will have to wait just a little bit longer.

While unveiling a sneak peek, Hulu today announced that the new season will now debut on June 2, having previously been set to launch as one of the streamer’s original series on March 10.

The Orville: New Horizons will be the first new season of the show since 2018. While filming began in October of 2019, it was delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, with production wrapping almost two full years later.

Also addressing the show’s latest delay on the way to airing was MacFarlane himself, who spoke to the situation via Twitter. “To all The Orville fans: Thanks for being so patient with us as we’ve navigated the production challenges resulting from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic,” he wrote. “As occasionally happens, our show has been repositioned amidst the ever-changing television schedule landscape, which means that the wait will be just a bit longer, and we’re now preparing for a June 2nd launch on Hulu.

“We’ve always promised you a television experience that will make it worth the wait, and we’re not wavering on that,” MacFarlane added. “We understand the frustration you’re feeling over more delays, so we want to give you a little taste of what’s to come. Here’s a sneak peek at the first few minutes of our season opener, and our new main title!”

Set 400 years in the future, The Orville: New Horizons finds the crew of the U.S.S. Orville continuing their mission of exploration, as they navigate both the mysteries of the universe and the complexities of their own interpersonal relationships. MacFarlane stars alongside Adrianne Palicki, Penny Johnson Jerald, Scott Grimes, Peter Macon, J. Lee, Mark Jackson, Chad L. Coleman, Jessica Szohr and Anne Winters.

20th Television and Fuzzy Door produce the series created and written by MacFarlane, who also exec produces alongside Brannon Braga, David A. Goodman, Jon Cassar, Jason Clark and Howard Griffith.

Deftones 02-04-22 12:17 PM

Re: The Orville: New Horizons (Hulu) -- premieres 6/2/22

Weird how other shows have navigated the pandemic fairly well, then we have this show.

emachine12 02-04-22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14053354)
Weird how other shows have navigated the pandemic fairly well, then we have this show.

It was on a network that did not know how to market it then it became a hit. But the ratings still mattered so it was difficult for that network to renew it. Then the same network attempted to renew it again

But then Disney bought the production company and decided to take it away from the network they don’t own to a service they do.

Then the pandemic hit and now it’s Disney COVID protocols and other obstacles.

Gizmo 02-04-22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by emachine12 (Post 14053371)
It was on a network that did not know how to market it then it became a hit. But the ratings still mattered so it was difficult for that network to renew it. Then the same network attempted to renew it again

But then Disney bought the production company and decided to take it away from the network they don’t own to a service they do.

Then the pandemic hit and now it’s Disney COVID protocols and other obstacles.

Oroville was never a "hit" and should have never gotten a second nor third season renewal on Fox (15 million in tax credits helped, but this was when Fox OWNED the show). It was middling and only got a second season because of Seth (aka Family guy connection).

And wrong again, Disney can't just 'take away a show' from Fox if Fox renewed it. If so, This is Us would never have aired Season 2 on NBC, House would have been on NBC etc.

Pass your made-up drugs to me.

RichC2 02-04-22 01:42 PM

The Orville had the benefit of everything on Fox having shit ratings and was rumored to have a strong pull on Hulu / Fox App (let's face it, it's Hulu, who is using any of these TV channel apps these days - especially with login requirements from cable providers).

But yeah, minor miracle it's getting a 3rd season, very glad it is though.

milo bloom 02-04-22 01:44 PM

I am damn stoked to see this back. Seth is filling a hole in sci-fi TV that others aren't really taking care of like they should.

Count Dooku 02-04-22 01:50 PM

I'll put this here, just for the hell of it.

Liam Neeson was on Fallon and said that they are looking at rebooting The Naked Gun movies with him in the Leslie Nielsen role and Seth writing and directing.

RichC2 02-04-22 01:52 PM

Seth's style of comedy isn't rapid fire enough for Naked Gun and it'll probably be bogged down in references to the previous franchise.

That said, I'd watch it, neither Police Squad nor Naked Gun were particularly high art. And if Neeson wants to spend his 70s doing comedies instead of action pics, I say go for it.