Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Old 12-14-22, 12:23 PM
  #51  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45,001
Likes: 0
Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) -- S: Jeremy Renner, Kyle Chandler - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14

The following users liked this post:
devilshalo (01-15-23)
Old 01-14-23, 10:08 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,914
Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Bump

This returns tomorrow. It should be up at Midnight pacific/3am ET

Tulsa King's season is over. 1923 is on midseason hiatus until February and Yellowstone is on midseason hiatus until summer. So this is the only Sheridan show airing right now.

If you're behind or haven't watched season 1, you need to finish season 1 1st. It ended on a cliffhanger.
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (01-15-23)
Old 01-15-23, 08:25 AM
  #53  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 17,171
Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

I suspect with Renner's injury, we're not going to see a Season 3 - even if they're still planning it.
Old 01-15-23, 11:57 AM
  #54  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,914
Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

when Ian shot up the Pit bull who was feeding on the gang member

A lot of stuff transpired since the prison riot last season. Milo being out is probably going to be the main arc of the season.

Refresh my memory, Who is Mike protecting Iris from? I remember she got into some deep shit last season. But, I thought she was in the clear.

It is a little weird seeing Michael Beach back as Captain Moore when he's also Tyson's Dad on Tulsa King. That "revenge" scene was pretty hardcore. And that scene where the guards let the crews do what they want and beat that guy until his balls bled out. No doubt that Captain Moore was sexually assaulted. No one would have that kind of PTSD from just getting their ass kicked. He wants revenge.

So much corruption in this town.

I read that Hugh Dillon (Ian) is actually the showrunner for this series, not Sheridan. He's the co-creator. He said in an interview that I read yesterday that if they got a 3rd season, they would aim to shoot it later this year. But, obviously that's heavily contingent on Renner's status and his recovery from his injuries.
Old 01-15-23, 01:48 PM
  #55  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,377
Received 901 Likes on 762 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

i wish i could have finished S1 by today. only 4 eps in. i wasn't trying hard, i guess.
Old 01-15-23, 04:09 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 12,678
Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by DJariya
when Ian shot up the Pit bull who was feeding on the gang member

A lot of stuff transpired since the prison riot last season. Milo being out is probably going to be the main arc of the season.

Refresh my memory, Who is Mike protecting Iris from? I remember she got into some deep shit last season. But, I thought she was in the clear.

It is a little weird seeing Michael Beach back as Captain Moore when he's also Tyson's Dad on Tulsa King. That "revenge" scene was pretty hardcore. And that scene where the guards let the crews do what they want and beat that guy until his balls bled out. No doubt that Captain Moore was sexually assaulted. No one would have that kind of PTSD from just getting their ass kicked. He wants revenge.

So much corruption in this town.

I read that Hugh Dillon (Ian) is actually the showrunner for this series, not Sheridan. He's the co-creator. He said in an interview that I read yesterday that if they got a 3rd season, they would aim to shoot it later this year. But, obviously that's heavily contingent on Renner's status and his recovery from his injuries.
Mike is protecting Iris from the Russian mafia guy. Forgot his name... but he used iris to corrupt people.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (01-15-23)
Old 01-15-23, 04:16 PM
  #57  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,197
Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Coral
I suspect with Renner's injury, we're not going to see a Season 3 - even if they're still planning it.

They could recast.
Old 01-15-23, 05:06 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,798
Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
They could recast.
They wouldn't. More likely the 3rd brother becomes the next mayor, but I don't think they would go forward without Renner. I still hope a little bit for Renner's return.
Old 01-15-23, 06:07 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 17,171
Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
They could recast.
Matt Damon maybe?
The following users liked this post:
Thos19 (01-19-23)
Old 01-15-23, 06:24 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,914
Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Totally premature to talk recasting. Renner's not dead and no one said he's permanently disabled.
Old 01-17-23, 12:36 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,914
Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Old 01-17-23, 12:42 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,197
Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

The SWAT leader is no joke!
The following users liked this post:
B.A. (01-25-23)
Old 01-17-23, 05:28 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 34,080
Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

^ I only ask 3 times.
The following 2 users liked this post by devilshalo:
DJariya (01-17-23), Why So Blu? (01-17-23)
Old 01-22-23, 06:50 PM
  #64  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45,001
Likes: 0
Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

This show is so grim.
The following users liked this post:
B.A. (01-25-23)
Old 01-22-23, 08:40 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 34,080
Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

It's like there's no outcome that can be good for anyone. It's just slowly watching how this whole town can burn itself into the ground. I assume that Iris has some sort of Stockholm syndrome with regards to Milo.
The following users liked this post:
B.A. (01-25-23)
Old 01-22-23, 10:59 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,914
Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Holy shit. The 2nd episode was so dark and bleak. It was pretty tough to watch with the amount of sadistic violence in it. The drive by massacre and they actually go in to finish the job. And then that shooting at the end involving Kyle.

And seriously Mike needs to blow off being Iris' savior. She's so screwed up and that ending shows that.

I know you can't really compare them, but this show makes a series like Prison Break seem like weak sauce. This show pushes boundaries and takes risks creatively.
Old 01-23-23, 05:41 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
alfredog1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,616
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by DJariya
Holy shit. The 2nd episode was so dark and bleak. It was pretty tough to watch with the amount of sadistic violence in it. The drive by massacre and they actually go in to finish the job. And then that shooting at the end involving Kyle.

And seriously Mike needs to blow off being Iris' savior. She's so screwed up and that ending shows that.

I know you can't really compare them, but this show makes a series like Prison Break seem like weak sauce. This show pushes boundaries and takes risks creatively.
And Lane Garrison is in this season, who appeared in "Prison Break" (and actually did time).

So I don't get it, why did the guy with the family pulling the boat start shooting at Michael Gaston? Makes no f'n sense (unless I missed something)
Old 01-23-23, 05:46 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,197
Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
And Lane Garrison is in this season, who appeared in "Prison Break" (and actually did time).

So I don't get it, why did the guy with the family pulling the boat start shooting at Michael Gaston? Makes no f'n sense (unless I missed something)

Why doesn't that make sense? Because he was a "family man?" That's the theme of the show. There are maniacs where you least expect.
Old 01-23-23, 10:06 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 17,171
Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
So I don't get it, why did the guy with the family pulling the boat start shooting at Michael Gaston? Makes no f'n sense (unless I missed something)
I suspect we'll find out on the next episode. Maybe had a fuckton of drugs in the boat, or the baby was kidnapped or something.

Since they moved the filming from Hamilton and Kingston down to Pittsburgh, the difference in location jumps out at me. And they don't seem to be hiding that the prison is a lot different than S1.
Old 01-23-23, 10:45 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
alfredog1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,616
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Why doesn't that make sense? Because he was a "family man?" That's the theme of the show. There are maniacs where you least expect.
Seemed absurd to me you start shooting with your own kid in the back of the truck (or maybe that wasn’t his kid)
Old 01-23-23, 10:46 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
alfredog1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,616
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Coral
I suspect we'll find out on the next episode. Maybe had a fuckton of drugs in the boat, or the baby was kidnapped or something.

Since they moved the filming from Hamilton and Kingston down to Pittsburgh, the difference in location jumps out at me. And they don't seem to be hiding that the prison is a lot different than S1.
I think you are right
Old 01-25-23, 09:24 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 35,173
Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

I am tired of the Iris subplot.
Old 01-29-23, 02:49 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,197
Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

New episode is up. Good stuff and the shit has hit the fan on the inside. It was also a shorter episode, clocking in at 37 minutes.
Old 01-31-23, 01:38 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,798
Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
New episode is up. Good stuff and the shit has hit the fan on the inside. It was also a shorter episode, clocking in at 37 minutes.
I thought it was kind of strange, they didn't start with the shooting from last week. They just said, he's suspended, pending the investigation and that's it.
Old 01-31-23, 08:58 AM
  #75  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 17,171
Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts
Re: Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +) - S: Jeremy Renner - From EP Taylor Sheridan - 11/14/21

Originally Posted by Runaway
I thought it was kind of strange, they didn't start with the shooting from last week. They just said, he's suspended, pending the investigation and that's it.
Yeah, it seems like they just needed Kyle to come back to Kingstown PD and wrote/showed a reason for him to come back. I think from here on we're just going to hear if IA clears him or not - but nothing else will come from that.
It's simply Point A to Point B.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.