Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Old 11-21-22, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 259 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

It would have been great if they actually killed off some of the folks in the spinoff series and not had the actual series for say Negan or something but they had to go the predictable way and not offer surprises or innovation. Guess they will never make up for not killing Glen and then killing him the way they did then jumping the shark.
Old 11-21-22, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 773 Likes on 595 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

I liked the ending enough, but am looking forward to the spin-offs.
Old 11-21-22, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 171 Likes on 116 Posts

For about 3 seconds there I was intrigued at the idea of watching at least the Rick and Michonne spin off. Nah. I'm done with TWD Universe.
Old 11-21-22, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 437 Likes on 305 Posts

The ending sure had some cheese... and took a long time.

Not sure how Rosita got bit where she did when she was lying on her back for the few seconds the walkers surrounded her... and her thick clothing that had no rips in it.
Was that the first time someone said "walking dead" on the show? (Daryl said it).

Negan's wife just disappeared. So Negan and Maggie in a spinoff going to Manhattan - leaving their family behind?
Thought Daryl would hook up with deaf chick (who I think is really cute). The only relationship he's had in the series happened off-screen in-between seasons.

I guess the walkers evolving (able to climb, using rocks to break glass) are going to be used as challenges in the spinoffs - otherwise it's the same 'ole, same 'ole.

I think with these 3 true direct spinoffs AMC is fragmenting their audience.. unless they're just limited series.

In any case, I'm done with TWD.
Old 11-21-22, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 175 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

Not sure how Rosita got bit where she did when she was lying on her back for the few seconds the walkers surrounded her... and her thick clothing that had no rips in it.
Was that the first time someone said "walking dead" on the show? (Daryl said it).

Negan's wife just disappeared. So Negan and Maggie in a spinoff going to Manhattan - leaving their family behind?
Thought Daryl would hook up with deaf chick (who I think is really cute). The only relationship he's had in the series happened off-screen in-between seasons.

I guess the walkers evolving (able to climb, using rocks to break glass) are going to be used as challenges in the spinoffs - otherwise it's the same 'ole, same 'ole.

I think with these 3 true direct spinoffs AMC is fragmenting their audience.. unless they're just limited series.

I'm most interested in the Nega/ Maggie spinoff. I like the aspect of him trying to make amends for his past deeds while others still don't want fully accept him regards of any good he does. The Rick grimes spinoff/ movies took so long to happen that I'm not as excited about that show as I would have been. Daryll is not my favorite character, but the European backdrop gives that one some potential.
Old 11-21-22, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
For about 3 seconds there I was intrigued at the idea of watching at least the Rick and Michonne spin off. Nah. I'm done with TWD Universe.
I'm sure we'll see you in one of the threads next year
Old 11-21-22, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

From what Morgan has said, Dead City is years in the future, so who knows if he is still married or not.

the finale was...OK. It was mostly just a season finale, with host of the main characters moving on to their own shows. I mean, no one cares about the Goldberg brother dying, he has been missing from the show for years. I guess Rosita was the big sacrifice but who cares.

I'll be watching all of TWD content, good or bad. Who cares, it's good cheese.
Old 11-21-22, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
The finale was pretty much predictable. We knew nothing would happen to the characters that are going to be in the spinoffs. It was obvious that Pamela Milton would be the one that ended up in jail as opposed to her son in the comics. Having Rick appear in the epilog to the episode but not connected to the story in any way was expected. Unless I missed something, I didn't see Negan's wife in this episode and no mention of what happened to her. At the end when they were all having dinner together, they showed Negan walking away into the sunset all alone like he had no one. But he wouldn't have been alone as his wife should have been with him somewhere in the community.

My wife and I were trying to figure out where Negan's wife went, as well. Very weird... I thought maybe we missed something, as admittedly, I don't pay all that much attention to the show, these days.

And, yeah, after all these years, the walkers are suddenly able to climb and use tools (the rock)?

You're right... Connie is very cute! She and Maggie were on The Talking Dead a couple of weeks ago, with Rick Beato, which is why I actually watched it. Both women were gorgeous.

I was sorry to see Rosita go, but surprised that she and the musician guy were the only two main characters that bought it.

It was kind of cool to see Darryl actually say The Walking Dead, after all these years.
Old 11-22-22, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 246 Likes on 201 Posts

They couldn't end on a high note, since there was no build up. The Commonwealth just wasn't a strong group, regarding the story, since on paper they were the strongest group in the whole show. Pamela Milton was all over the place. Sometimes she was super smart, followed by super evil, super dumb and reasonable. The Standoff at the end was so stupid. The walkers weren't that near and they had plenty of time to open the gates, but even if Milton decided to be on the side of caution and keep the gates closed, why shoot people who climbed the wall? They were no danger and why didn't the people outside the gates just wait until the walkers were in biting distance?

I'm still interested in the upcoming spin offs, Daryl as a drifter could be interesting and if they give Negan back is swagger Jeffrey Dean Morgan is always one to watch.
Old 11-22-22, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 687 Likes on 532 Posts

Good thing they ended it, because they just had the characters do the most unbelievable and unrealistic thing in the show's history, and that's saying something.

Spoiler:
Where'd they find a copy of Living Colour's Vivid on vinyl??
Old 11-22-22, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 648 Likes on 456 Posts

Is it over? Finally?

Maybe now my one burning question can be answered ...

... what happened to Heath?
Old 11-22-22, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,601 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Is it over? Finally?

Maybe now my one burning question can be answered ...

... what happened to Heath?
They actually sort of revealed what happened to him, but you really have to have paid attention:

Spoiler:

On Talking Dead, it was confirmed that the RV Anne was driving at the beginning of "What Comes After" was the same RV driven by Heath in his last appearance.

* Angela Kang confirmed that Heath was captured by the Scavengers and was traded to the "Helicopter Group" for supplies.

* Furthermore, it also suggested that Heath was killed off by the CRM in The Walking Dead: World Beyond, as it was revealed in Season 2 what happened to all of the captured survivors labeled as an "A" (used as test subjects at the Civic Republic Research Facility).

https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Heath_(TV_Series)
Old 11-23-22, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks god this garbage of a show is over. It's sucked for a decade. Funny the show had become such a laughing stock the comic creator quit the book mid run without warning lol. The Walking Dumb...ends.