Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-22, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
Oh, he's the African-American guy that's flirting with Lydia??? Had no idea, that was same guy. So, they have this bad-ass guy with a steel mask that doesn't talk and carries 2 cool curved blades and they just convert his character to another generic guy that most people have no idea about,

uh, good call, writers!
I thought his original character was lame anyway. They made him look like a comic-book character by always having him in a mask and being quiet and brooding. Yes, I know TWD was based on a comic-book, but this universe is the regular universe with the exception of zombies... so it's lame when some characters play dress-up like they're little kids at halloween.
Old 10-14-22, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

How many have aired? DVR has missed them all so far for some reason.

I will probably wait until they all air and binge.
Old 10-14-22, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Two so far. Three on AMC+. I'm assuming they'll still have the finale a week early on AMC+, so it would suck if they decide they don't want spoilers before it shows on AMC.
Old 10-16-22, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
If only Andrew Lincoln had stuck around for a few more seasons, it might still be interesting. I guess we'd have lost all those amazing projects he's done since leaving the show then.
I know I am the oddball ... him leaving was what kept me watching a little longer. I found the character to be an insufferable piece of shit for the his last several seasons, so I held on a while to see what the "new direction" would be. When he "just left" instead of being killed off, it cemented what we already knew: the show no longer had any stakes (which is what made the early seasons). From reading this thread, that has gotten even worse.
Old 10-16-22, 11:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Two so far. Three on AMC+. I'm assuming they'll still have the finale a week early on AMC+, so it would suck if they decide they don't want spoilers before it shows on AMC.
No, finale won’t air a week early. We’ll just have to wait 2 weeks!
Old 10-16-22, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gizmo
No, finale won’t air a week early. We’ll just have to wait 2 weeks!
Damn, I hadn't heard that. Will they at least release it early in the day? Probably, not and everyone will be trying to get onto AMC+ at the same time like for the Better Call Saul finale.
Old 11-13-22, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, no series finale on AMC+ today. They do have the "making of the final season" special on AMC+ that will be showing next Sunday on AMC though.
Old 11-13-22, 10:55 AM
Suspended

Damn, I hadn't heard that. Will they at least release it early in the day? Probably, not and everyone will be trying to get onto AMC+ at the same time like for the Better Call Saul finale.
Yes. It'll be out next Sunday morning if they hole the release schedule true...or just push to later in the night so its "live". We don't really know.
Old 11-13-22, 11:15 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I haven't watched since Rick left.

biggest issue wasn't necessary beloved characters leaving, it was that the characters they introduced never resonated with me.

with the Darryl and (at one time Carol) spinoff, the Maggie and Negan spinoff... Rick and Michonne ?show, ?movie? is there any suspense left for the finale for the audience still watching this show?
Old 11-13-22, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TGM
I haven't watched since Rick left.

biggest issue wasn't necessary beloved characters leaving, it was that the characters they introduced never resonated with me.

with the Darryl and (at one time Carol) spinoff, the Maggie and Negan spinoff... Rick and Michonne ?show, ?movie? is there any suspense left for the finale for the audience still watching this show?
Yeah, I gotta know what happens with ... Luke?

Old 11-13-22, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Aaron, Gabriel, Ezekiel and Eugene are characters I care for, but I couldn't tell you who Magna, Connie and Kelly are, if my life depended on it.
Old 11-13-22, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Yeah, I gotta know what happens with ... Luke?
He loses a lot of weight... and then gains most of it back.

But I agree about the characters they brought in. Many of them I couldn't even tell you what their names are. And when I find out, I'll think "oh, right... that's his/her name"... and then I'll forget it again.
I remember them as Goldberg-guy, deaf chick, chick who looks like a guy, Latina chick who is with them, Alpha's daughter, British Lawyer and British doctor. I'm probably missing more.
The following users liked this post:
Gizmo (11-16-22)
Old 11-14-22, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

So, the penultimate episode and let's see...whisperer girl got her arm hacked off and governor lady tried machine gunning some people (hilarious). Can't believe they didn't save this one for the finale. It does free them up to spend most of the finale introducing another dozen instantly forgettable characters in-between extended scene flashbacks of Eugene's trial.
Old 11-14-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I stumbled across this when I got home last night and watched last week's episode. It was nice to see a few familiar faces but how the hell did they turn this into a courtroom drama?

the last episode I watched was I think when Michone left and I think started searching for Rick. I thought Rick was coming back for the finale or something?

It was really sad when I saw the promo for the making of the final season and someone mentioned the 21 Million viewers a week in the heyday.
Old 11-14-22, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As usual, the group makes stupid decisions. Why try and get into the trailer while you're in the middle of a swarm of walkers? Would've made more sense to just drop back and let other walkers pass you. Even if you've passed the trailer by the time the walkers passed by you - you just double back to the trailer on your own.

As mentioned, the fact some characters will be joining spinoffs ensures they won't die in the finale - which kills off some of the suspense. However, I don't have a problem with no one dying in the finale - it's just be done to death on this show as well as others. In TWD's case, it would be good to end the series on a positive note for once. A little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel.

What I will find annoying is when Rick doesn't appear in the finale - which I'm sure will be the case. I should get closure after watching 177 episodes.
I'm not going to watch a spin-off series to see Rick's return - fuck that. The most I'll do is watch a clip of Rick's return in a spin-off on youtube.

Old 11-14-22, 04:07 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
As usual, the group makes stupid decisions. Why try and get into the trailer while you're in the middle of a swarm of walkers? Would've made more sense to just drop back and let other walkers pass you. Even if you've passed the trailer by the time the walkers passed by you - you just double back to the trailer on your own.

As mentioned, the fact some characters will be joining spinoffs ensures they won't die in the finale - which kills off some of the suspense. However, I don't have a problem with no one dying in the finale - it's just be done to death on this show as well as others. In TWD's case, it would be good to end the series on a positive note for once. A little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel.

What I will find annoying is when Rick doesn't appear in the finale - which I'm sure will be the case. I should get closure after watching 177 episodes.
I'm not going to watch a spin-off series to see Rick's return - fuck that. The most I'll do is watch a clip of Rick's return in a spin-off on youtube.
Get in the house, Coral, and watch the spinoffs.
Old 11-14-22, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
In my opinion it's often a cheap way to end a show, by killing off characters. Now that they aren't needed anymore, they can die for a cheap shocker at the end of the show. Of course in a show like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead it would be weird to end the show with no deaths, but often times a show turns over backwards to keep the characters alive, since they need them for the next season and in the finale it's open season.
Old 11-14-22, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Anyone else wondering why AMC plus hasn't put out the finale? Avoiding spoilers?
Old 11-14-22, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Anyone else wondering why AMC plus hasn't put out the finale? Avoiding spoilers?
I'm pretty sure that's why. That's a whole week of viewers without AMC Plus would have to try and avoid spoilers for the finale. It's tough enough to do that for a day (for those who record and watch the next day), I can only imagine how hard it would be to avoid for a whole week.
Old 11-14-22, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Runaway
Of course in a show like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead it would be weird to end the show with no deaths, but often times a show turns over backwards to keep the characters alive, since they need them for the next season and in the finale it's open season.
TWD can kill off people in the finale, but in this case I think it's best just to make it the baddies only - which I guess that's basically just Pamela Milton and a bunch of no-names on her side.

In any case, I think the show's had some really dumb baddies storylines the last few seasons. The Commonwealth is really a lame way to end the series on, and the Reapers/Pope before that was awful (but at least didn't last that long). Alpha/Beta/Whisperers had promise with how they got around and fooled people - but once they were found out, continuing to use that approach to attack was ridiculous.
Old 11-14-22, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I'm watching the new special "The Walking Dead: The Making of the Final season" on AMC +. Did this air on TV or was it an AMC+ exclusive? Anyways, wow they did all they could to pretend that Frank Darabont doesn't exist and had nothing to do with the show. He developed the series, wrote and directed the Pilot and co-wrote most of season 1. I know he was fired from the show, but still. Just pretending he had nothing to do with the series? Melissa McBride worked with Darabont on The Mist and that's why she came on the series.

The do acknowledge the pandemic and how it affected production.

I still have to binge the 2nd half of season 11 (around 11+ episodes) So I probably won't be caught up in time for the finale last week. But this special is pretty good. I assume it will be on the BD whenever that comes out.
Old 11-14-22, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it looks like the "making of" special did air on AMC on Sunday. I thought it was appearing on AMC+ a week early, but I guess not.

It would be great if they had Frank Darabont on their "red carpet special" next week, but it ain't gonna happen.
Old 11-15-22, 06:24 PM
Suspended

Yeah, it looks like the "making of" special did air on AMC on Sunday. I thought it was appearing on AMC+ a week early, but I guess not.

It would be great if they had Frank Darabont on their "red carpet special" next week, but it ain't gonna happen.
Darabont handled a dozen episodes, he is best forgotten.

Season 1 lives in a bubble as already completed before AMC even aired it without knowing how big it would be.

Old 11-21-22, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Well just like everything in the last 5 seasons, underwhelming and forgettable. You can add all the over the top music you like but it can’t make the episode any more compelling.

During the montage of everyone who was gone I was laughing at how many I completely forgot about.

And the trailer for “the universe is expanding”….ugh. I guess I have to watch the unfortunately titled “Rick and Michonne” just to see what happened/happens to him. Dead City….I like JDM but unless he gets his swagger back, nope. No interest in any of the others.
Old 11-21-22, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

The finale was pretty much predictable. We knew nothing would happen to the characters that are going to be in the spinoffs. It was obvious that Pamela Milton would be the one that ended up in jail as opposed to her son in the comics. Having Rick appear in the epilog to the episode but not connected to the story in any way was expected. Unless I missed something, I didn't see Negan's wife in this episode and no mention of what happened to her. At the end when they were all having dinner together, they showed Negan walking away into the sunset all alone like he had no one. But he wouldn't have been alone as his wife should have been with him somewhere in the community.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.