Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Old 02-26-22, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,156 Likes on 1,587 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

I know The Walking Dead is nowhere near as popular in this forum as it was 5 to 6 years ago. While I tried to initiate some discussion in a near dead thread. I get that some still don't like to be spoiled by someone who watched a legal early broadcast they don't have access to. And I don't want to assume that no one in this forum cares anymore. I tried to keep my thoughts on an AMC+ broadcast generic, but I understand that the few who still subscribe/read this thread get a little annoyed some there is a "new post" to this thread and it's stuff they haven't seen yet, so they can't interact about it. I don't want to be "that guy" so I'll save my thoughts until it airs on TV. There's many in this forum who read threads, but just don't know how to initiate discussion or articulate their thoughts, so many threads like this end up being postless even after a "big episode"

And yes I hate spoiler tags, because most here who use them don't use them properly for people to understand the context of what they are trying to say.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-26-22 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-26-22, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

I watch it a week ahead too. Just don't really have much to say about the show anymore.
Old 02-28-22, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts

I just watched the latest episode on AMC+ last night. It had a unique feel to it unlike any other episode they've had before. It was like watching an episode of a mystery/crime show and a zombie apocalypse barely noticeable in the background.
Old 02-28-22, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
I just watched the latest episode on AMC+ last night. It had a unique feel to it unlike any other episode they've had before. It was like watching an episode of a mystery/crime show and a zombie apocalypse barely noticeable in the background.
My wife is a big fan of the show and she hated it. At one point she turned to me and said, "what the fuck are we watching?". Honestly for a show that is ending, I feel like its ending on a whimper.
Old 02-28-22, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M. View Post
My wife is a big fan of the show and she hated it. At one point she turned to me and said, "what the fuck are we watching?". Honestly for a show that is ending, I feel like its ending on a whimper.
I also watched the latest AMC+ episode and I agree. I had to remind myself that this is the final season because they're dicking around with this storyline.
Then I remembered that this final season is being done in 3 parts, so really this is kinda like the 2nd last season in a way.

In any case, this is all pretty lame stuff that's going on.
Old 02-28-22, 05:32 PM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Spoiler:
I especially thought the end of the episode was lame AF. Hey you found out this girl you loved was really a secret agent and lying. Psyche. Actually she's real and exists and is just someone else they never let you meet. Get the fuck outta here lol. (Maybe that was shown on the preview for next week, can't quite remember). They really are just shot creatively and killing time. I didn't mind the style of episode, who done it mystery what-not. But the payoff just soured me on the journey. You write a bad ending, then 10 seconds later just change that bad ending to an even worse one.

Old 02-28-22, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Neil M. View Post
It seemed odd seeing the characters wearing clean clothes and suites and not in desperate need of a shower. It almost looked felt like they were flashing back to a point before the apocalypse. I didn't mind the episode and I still enjoy the show. I wish they would focus more on Negan as his redemption storyline is the best part of the show now. I guess he won't be in much if any of part two and probably won't return until the very end of part two or the begining of part 3.
Old 02-28-22, 09:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It seemed odd seeing the characters wearing clean clothes and suites and not in desperate need of a shower. It almost looked felt like they were flashing back to a point before the apocalypse. I didn't mind the episode and I still enjoy the show. I wish they would focus more on Negan as his redemption storyline is the best part of the show now. I guess he won't be in much if any of part two and probably won't return until the very end of part two or the begining of part 3.

well that's all but Daryl he could still use a quick shower and shave
Old 03-01-22, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker View Post
Spoiler:
I especially thought the end of the episode was lame AF. Hey you found out this girl you loved was really a secret agent and lying. Psyche. Actually she's real and exists and is just someone else they never let you meet. Get the fuck outta here lol. (Maybe that was shown on the preview for next week, can't quite remember). They really are just shot creatively and killing time. I didn't mind the style of episode, who done it mystery what-not. But the payoff just soured me on the journey. You write a bad ending, then 10 seconds later just change that bad ending to an even worse one.

Seriously, can we stop with spoilers for episodes that haven't aired yet? At least mark your spoilers as to which episode you're talking about. I got halfway through this one before I realized it's spoiling an episode that hasn't been on regular AMC yet.
Old 03-01-22, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,156 Posts

Originally Posted by Dscarpad View Post
When Daryl showed up at Hilltop in the stormtrooper armor at the end of "No Other Way," they should have had him clean-shaven with a haircut to really make it an even bigger WTF moment.
Old 03-01-22, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dscarpad View Post
I've seen Norman Reedus at conventions and even there he looks like he hasn't showed or shaved in weeks.
Old 03-01-22, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Seriously, can we stop with spoilers for episodes that haven't aired yet? At least mark your spoilers as to which episode you're talking about. I got halfway through this one before I realized it's spoiling an episode that hasn't been on regular AMC yet.
If you haven't seen the latest episodes or don't have AMC+, why come into these type of threads in the first place? You know people are going to be talking about the latest episodes when you come in here. If you don't want the latest episode spoiled for you, wait until you've seen before you visit this thread.
Old 03-01-22, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 586 Likes on 445 Posts

If you haven't seen the latest episodes or don't have AMC+, why come into these type of threads in the first place? You know people are going to be talking about the latest episodes when you come in here. If you don't want the latest episode spoiled for you, wait until you've seen before you visit this thread.
The 'latest' episode normally refers to what has been broadcast. But due to this AMC+ business, that differs between viewers.

It's not asking too much for people to indicate what sort of spoiler they're posting. It could be because it's the not yet broadcast episode, or it could be future storyline spoilers, or other information unrelated to the current broadcast or AMC+ episode.

E.g.:
Spoiler regarding the latest AMC+ episode:
Spoiler:
I haven't seen it because I don't have AMC+.

Old 03-01-22, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
The 'latest' episode normally refers to what has been broadcast. But due to this AMC+ business, that differs between viewers.

It's not asking too much for people to indicate what sort of spoiler they're posting. It could be because it's the not yet broadcast episode, or it could be future storyline spoilers, or other information unrelated to the current broadcast or AMC+ episode.

E.g.:
Spoiler regarding the latest AMC+ episode:
Spoiler:
I haven't seen it because I don't have AMC+.

"Broadcast" is an outdated term now as most people are streaming. This media is going to be distributed and released in different areas or venues at different times. movies aren't released in some countries until months after a release in their home country. People shouldn't have to hold back on discussing something until it is finally released everywhere. The best option is to abstain from these threads if you don't want to be spoiled. You know going in the possibility that someone may be talking about an episode you may not have seen, so why risk it?

The best option is to break it down and have a separate thread for each episode. That way everyone can avoid getting spoilers for episodes they haven't seen yet.
Old 03-01-22, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Broadcast" is an outdated term now as most people are streaming. This media is going to be distributed and released in different areas or venues at different times. movies aren't released in some countries until months after a release in their home country. People shouldn't have to hold back on discussing something until it is finally released everywhere. The best option is to abstain from these threads if you don't want to be spoiled. You know going in the possibility that someone may be talking about an episode you may not have seen, so why risk it?

The best option is to break it down and have a separate thread for each episode. That way everyone can avoid getting spoilers for episodes they haven't seen yet.
I agree that that's the best option, but that doesn't change the fact that it's simple enough to make a brief comment on why you're using a spoiler tag.

To your other point, you're suggesting that people that don't subscribe to AMC+ shouldn't also have the chance to discuss episodes? Nobody has to hold back on discussing anything, they just need to take a few simple precautions, out of consideration for others.
Old 03-01-22, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Speaking of AMC+. I can subscribe just to that and catch new shows as they air (or earlier depending on the situation)? I am looking to do so for Better Call Saul in a few months.
Old 03-01-22, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
I'll start labeling the episode number before I put a spoiler box from now on. But I thought it was pretty obvious if something is in a spoiler box it's about the AMC+ episode that is a week ahead. It's just common sense. Why would something be in a spoiler box if it's about something that has already aired? Everyone knows episodes are out there a week early now. Don't click on a spoiler box if you don't watch on the AMC+ schedule.

Last edited by New Lurker; 03-01-22 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Had the wrong quote
Old 03-01-22, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by New Lurker View Post
I'll start labeling the episode number before I put a spoiler box from now on. But I thought it was pretty obvious if something is in a spoiler box it's about the AMC+ episode that is a week ahead. It's just common sense. Why would something be in a spoiler box if it's about something that has already aired? Everyone knows episodes are out there a week early now. Don't click on a spoiler box if you don't watch on the AMC+ schedule.
No, it's not 'common sense.' Spoilers have been used in this forum, for a long time, and for various reasons, as previously stated.
Old 03-01-22, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

If something is in spoiler tags, just look at the date of the post. That should tell you what episode is being discussed. There's no point in using tags for episodes that aired on AMC. It also doesn't make sense to hold back on things because questions about one episode could already be answered in the very next episode.

Unless we want to do episode threads, I'd say stay away until the season is over because if something big were to happen on the show, it'll be discussed here a week early.
Old 03-01-22, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree that that's the best option, but that doesn't change the fact that it's simple enough to make a brief comment on why you're using a spoiler tag.

To your other point, you're suggesting that people that don't subscribe to AMC+ shouldn't also have the chance to discuss episodes? Nobody has to hold back on discussing anything, they just need to take a few simple precautions, out of consideration for others.
Personally, I think it will get a little silly if we discuss something with spoilers for seven days until everyone everywhere has had a chance to see it in their market. We'd have to click on the spoiler icon to get the comment in the current post, but we would also have to click on another spoiler icon to see what the comment they are replying to. And then possible click on another spoiler tag to see what the quoted person is responding to, etc. If we did this with movies, we'd still have to use spoilers for every comment in a "Spider-Man: No Where Home" thread since the movie hasn't been released in China and people over there haven't had a chance to view the movie yet. The same thing would happen with Star Trek> Picard, since the UK would get those episodes much later than we will here in the U.S.
Old 03-01-22, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 689 Likes on 534 Posts

The problem is the AMC+ people will always be a week ahead. So if I wait a week to read their posts, by then they'll be talking about the episode a week ahead of that. But that's also why I was willing to bow to the majority. If most people here are watching on AMC+, then it seems reasonable for that to be the "current" discussion. But if most of us are watching broadcast, then that should be the current discussion.

As for this week's episode, and I do mean THIS WEEK, I rather enjoyed it. Any zombie movie worth its salt will have a minute or two of "life the way it was" before zombies take over again. Think of the scenes in Dawn of the Dead where the quartet is enjoying the fruits of their labor and having fun in the empty mall. Playing video games, going to dinner, ice skating. But there's an emptiness to it all (In Dawn, Romero was commenting on the emptiness of the pursuit of material goods), and it's obvious there's something wrong with the Commonwealth. Just like Romero's films, I'm waiting for the infighting to bring it all down (that's what destroys all three survival groups in the original Living Dead trilogy, NOT the zombies).

I didn't get that far in the comics, so I don't know how the Commonwealth story ends there.

Also, was reading an episode review on another site, and the reviewer called the soldiers "Commontroopers", so I'm gonna use that from now on.
Old 03-01-22, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, I think it will get a little silly if we discuss something with spoilers for seven days until everyone everywhere has had a chance to see it in their market. We'd have to click on the spoiler icon to get the comment in the current post, but we would also have to click on another spoiler icon to see what the comment they are replying to. And then possible click on another spoiler tag to see what the quoted person is responding to, etc. If we did this with movies, we'd still have to use spoilers for every comment in a "Spider-Man: No Where Home" thread since the movie hasn't been released in China and people over there haven't had a chance to view the movie yet. The same thing would happen with Star Trek> Picard, since the UK would get those episodes much later than we will here in the U.S.
​​​​​​​Whoa... I didn't realize you might have to click a button 3 times. Nevermind. I wouldn't wish that hardship on anyone, even if it did make the forum better for some people.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. The world, lately, has shown us all too many times, that asking people to do the smallest of things, for the consideration of others, is asking too much.

And the movies point is just ridiculous. Not remotely the same thing.
Old 03-01-22, 01:32 PM

No, it's not 'common sense.' Spoilers have been used in this forum, for a long time, and for various reasons, as previously stated.
1 + 1 = 2, common sense. A spoiler box + the date of my post = common sense what episode I am talking about. Again I will label the spoiler from now on to make it easier. But it's not rocket science. I've read through season threads for shows I'm not caught up on yet. I always find the date of where I am and mind the date of the posts to not scroll too far and have anything spoiled. And that's for threads not even using spoiler boxes. I promise you I'm no smarter than the average person, so if I can figure it most people should be able to.

​​​​​​​I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. The world, lately, has shown us all too many times, that asking people to do the smallest of things, for the consideration of others, is asking too much.
I agree with that. But in the reverse. You're the one asking a whole lot of people to bite their tongue about something that's been officially released by the creator and is out in the world. You want to inconvenience anyone who watched it to preserve your own convenience. That's a hell of a self centered world view. If this was shit leaked on the internet before the release date I'd get your point. But we're talking about episodes officially released by the content creator already. It's certainly fair game to talk about (albeit with spoiler boxes to be considerate).

Otherwise this thread would be buried 6 pages back and no one would comment on it at all. Some conversation > no conversation.
Old 03-01-22, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, because a spoiler box and the date tells me whether you're discussing future plot points that may be from the comics, or a casting change, or anything else related to the post, or possibly just that you've already seen the next episode on AMC+.

My own convenience is simply wanting to be able to participate in a thread without having the show spoiled because some people get it early. How self-centered of me. No biting of tongues, just a simple spoiler tag and a comment.

Fuck this shit. I'm through trying to make a simple fucking point.
The following users liked this post:
Paff (03-01-22)
Old 03-01-22, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 689 Likes on 534 Posts

Yeah, I'm with ya. I mean, every other online discussion of The Walking Dead waits till the episodes air on AMC, I thought it was a reasonable request but clearly I was wrong. No need for spoiler tags on AMC+ episodes, fellas, I won't be participating in this thread anymore.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.