Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-21, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Originally Posted by DJariya
Well, I didn't want to spoil that because that hasn't aired officially yet. That doesn't air on AMC until next week. And like I said, the recap at the end of episode explains many details that you may not have caught.
Oh, right. Week early :/ Sorry guys,,,
Old 08-24-21, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Can we keep spoilers hidden until the episode has aired on television?
Old 08-30-21, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Episode 2 aired tonight on AMC. I posted my thoughts last week.

Episode 3 is now available on AMC+

I dug it. It was very horror movie-like.

Spoiler:

The Reaper attack aftermath left the group separated. Maggie and Negan were basically the A story being chased by the Reapers

and

Spoiler:

It's someone who was introduced this season. Agatha. So I'm sure the character made no impression on you all. She was with Negan, Alden and Maggie when they faced a swarm of walkers. She got her arm chewed on and then got overpowered. Alden was injured in a sequence earlier in the episode and convinces Maggie and Negan to leave him because he was only slowing them down. That's how it ends.

Angela Kang's recap at the end of the episode on AMC+ is very helpful keeping track of things. I really like her as the new showrunner. She has a good appreciation of the material and is now full of herself like the previous showrunner.

So far, I've enjoyed the 3 that have been shown so far. Not going to overthink it.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-31-21 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-30-21, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Watching the AMC+ releases so seen 3 episodes so far. This season is the best the show has been in many many seasons.
Old 08-30-21, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

Episode 2 aired tonight on AMC. I posted my thoughts last week.

Episode 3 is now available on AMC+
Spoiler:
and there is another death. But,

Spoiler:

It's someone who was introduced this season. Agatha. So I'm sure the character made no impression on you all. She was with Negan, Alden and Maggie when they faced a swarm of walkers. She got her arm chewed on and then got overpowered. Alden was injured in a sequence earlier in the episode and convinces Maggie and Negan to leave him because he was only slowing them down. That's how it ends.

Episode 3
Spoiler:
Wasn't there another death?

I thought Duncan died too. He was one of the group that came over with Maggie.

Really enjoying this season too. I just finished a rewatch of the entire series before this season premier. I had forgotten Alden came from the group of Saviors captured at Hilltop.
I wish they would get Talking Dead a week early, but guess since it's live they can't do that.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 09-01-21 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-30-21, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Wasn't there another death?
Spoiler:
I thought Duncan died too. He was one of the group that came over with Maggie.

Really enjoying this season too. I just finished a rewatch of the entire series before this season premier. I had forgotten Alden came from the group of Saviors captured at Hilltop.
I wish they would get Talking Dead a week early, but guess since it's live they can't do that.

Yes I forgot to mention him too.

Old 08-30-21, 11:58 PM

Saying "there's a death" and then hiding the name of the person is a spoiler. Can you include the whole statement in your tag, please?
Old 08-31-21, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ben12
Saying "there's a death" and then hiding the name of the person is a spoiler. Can you include the whole statement in your tag, please?
Sorry Ben didn’t mean to annoy you.

In the future if I talk about something ahead of time,

I will go

Episode 4 thoughts

Spoiler tags.

The following users liked this post:
ben12 (09-01-21)
Old 08-31-21, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Episode 3 spoiler

Spoiler:
The 2 characters who died... no idea who they were. Just more C characters who mean nothing.

About this new group of baddies, Maggie said something like "if you see them, it's already too late"... yet so many of them survived.
For a stealth group of skilled baddies, they seem to have a low rate of kills.
Old 09-02-21, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

I have to admit the last two have been pretty solid. I even bought Maggie not putting a bullet into Negan after he left her. Now if they can keep it up...

Old 09-06-21, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Episode 4 was just added on AMC+ yesterday and I saw it today.

A few thoughts:

Spoiler:

Not my favorite episode. No walker action. Mostly focused on the Reapers. It was very Daryl heavy as he was the center point. Leah was brought back from the the bonus 6 episodes from last season. They aged her a little since this takes place about 5-6? years after their encounter. Now she's a Reaper. I guess they had some unresolved things between them. I did like the new villain "Pope" He looked like a Walter White. Dude was a psychopath and that was a cool end with him stuffing one of his henchmen into the fire and letting him burn alive.

Anyhow, that's it. Remember the days when this show would get 100+ posts after an episode? Man, that feels like eons ago. Really no one is talking about this show anymore. There's not even a review/recap on TV Line to talk about episode 3 from last night on AMC. AMC and only the hardcore fans still think this is the most popular show on TV I guess.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-06-21 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-14-21, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow this thread is as dead as I've seen a Walking Dead thread. Almost no activity from episodes 3 and 4.

Episode 5 from AMC+ was shown on Sunday.

Spoiler:

A few thoughts:

I enjoyed it. It actually gave us a glimpse of what life is like on the Commonwealth.

It was also a little more centered around Aaron's side and the nightmares he was experiencing.

I thought Cailey Fleming (Judith) gave a good performance in this episode.

Ian Anthony Dale was brought in as Yumiko's brother although he had a weird fake British accent.

and this was the 1st appearance of the Stephanie Vega character. She had been communicating with Eugene over the radio in previous episodes. The actress they got to play her was cute. I liked the glasses.

Old 09-14-21, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Wow this thread is as dead as I've seen a Walking Dead thread. Almost no activity from episodes 3 and 4.

Episode 5 from AMC+ was shown on Sunday.

Spoiler:

A few thoughts:

I enjoyed it. It actually gave us a glimpse of what life is like on the Commonwealth.

It was also a little more centered around Aaron's side and the nightmares he was experiencing.

I thought Cailey Fleming (Judith) gave a good performance in this episode.

Ian Anthony Dale was brought in as Yumiko's brother although he had a weird fake British accent.

and this was the 1st appearance of the Stephanie Vega character. She had been communicating with Eugene over the radio in previous episodes. The actress they got to play her was cute. I liked the glasses.

Much like the episodes themselves.
Old 09-14-21, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

At this point, Fear The Walking Dead is a better show. Luckily, it comes back next month already.

The main show has gotten so dark, as in I can barely see what's happening most of the time. And the sound level is really low compared to other shows. I have to crank up the volume just to hear what they're saying.
Old 09-14-21, 01:16 PM

I think AMC is shooting themselves in the foot with this AMC+ stuff. There's no way for this to be a water cooler show (ignoring the fact that no one can safely gather around a water cooler right now) if some people are seeing episodes a week ahead of everyone else.
DJariya (09-14-21)
Old 09-14-21, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

I've enjoyed the 5 episodes I've seen so far in season 11. There hasn't been an outright bad episode. But, I agree Fear the Walking Dead has become a more entertaining show and they have less characters so it's a little easier to follow. But, I know a portion of this forum thinks otherwise. The main show has so many characters that I sometimes can't keep track of everyone.
Old 09-14-21, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ben12
I think AMC is shooting themselves in the foot with this AMC+ stuff. There's no way for this to be a water cooler show (ignoring the fact that no one can safely gather around a water cooler right now) if some people are seeing episodes a week ahead of everyone else.
Yup posting episodes a week early has killed any kind of consistent and fluid talk about this. And not everyone can or is willing to pay for AMC+. How can anyone have a conversation with someone when a segment is 1 week ahead?

and whenever the series finale airs next year, which will be pretty highly anticipated, there's going to be spoilers galore from the AMC+ viewings.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-14-21 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-14-21, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
At this point, Fear The Walking Dead is a better show. Luckily, it comes back next month already.

The main show has gotten so dark, as in I can barely see what's happening most of the time. And the sound level is really low compared to other shows. I have to crank up the volume just to hear what they're saying.
Thanks for mentioning this. I wondered if it was somehow the fault of my cable provider. It's absolutely ridiculous. We normally have the volume around 40 for most shows. It needs to be at 60+ for TWD.

Regarding the introduction of the new villain? Yawn. It's another psychotic 'big baddie' on TWD. And what he did was so obviously going happen, it was laughable.
Old 09-14-21, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
Regarding the introduction of the new villain? Yawn. It's another psychotic 'big baddie' on TWD. And what he did was so obviously going happen, it was laughable.
He also doesn't seem like the kind of villain we should be getting 10 years into the apocalypse. These small groups of bad guys really shouldn't be a thing anymore. This should be a story of larger communities clashing.
Old 09-20-21, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Didn't hate last night's (broadcast) episode. Major improvement over last week; why they think I want to watch Norman Reedus mumble his way through a murky (audio and video) hour is beyond me.

They already hinted at it, but I don't know why Princess isn't openly embracing The Commonwealth and ditching the other three. She just met them and has no connection to their communities. Like I said, they're hinting at it, but then she tries to divert the guard so Eugene can make his radio call. She should have just said "You're on your own, virgin, I'm home now".
Old 09-20-21, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Princess is totally hot on Mercer, too. She wants to get inside of that orange stormtrooper armor.

Old 09-21-21, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Anyone else notice the flyers and poster for the lottery at the Commonwealth? I'm guessing they're going to do a Walking Dead adaptation of the short story one of these episodes. The Commonwealth seems just like the village in that story.
Old 09-26-21, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Episode 6, which aired tonight, was pretty good. It was straight up dark horror movie. That house that Virgil and Connie hid in also had some weird Ferals that attacked them. I think the angle of Connie being deaf also added to the tension and going back and forth from perspectives.

I loved the scene where Connie let the walkers in to attack the Ferals and we saw them getting overrun and eaten.

I think that story was a lot more interesting than Daryl's story with the Reaper's and trying to prove his loyalty to crazy Pope. Overall, a pretty entertaining episode for the most part.

Old 09-26-21, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

The feral people was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this show.

It was done well from a horror movie perspective (although did Connie forget she was in a hallway and could easily move back a few feet to avoid getting knifed?), but the feral people made no sense. They look to be in their 20's, so they were at least 10 years old when the ZA started. Why did they devolve to animals?
Old 09-27-21, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Angela Kang never said how old the Feral people were. She just hinted that they eventually went mad being in that house and turned into those "animals" This is not the kind of show that I would try to think too hard about logic.

tommyp007 (09-28-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.