DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Yellowstone (Paramount) -- Season 4 -- premieres 11/7/21 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/653280-yellowstone-paramount-season-4-premieres-11-7-21-a.html)

DJariya 07-01-21 01:48 PM

Yellowstone (Paramount) -- Season 4 -- premieres 11/7/21

The 1st teaser. Mostly old footage. According to Deadline, it's being postponed until November

https://deadline.com/2021/07/yellows...rt-1234774887/

Boondock Saint 07-01-21 04:06 PM

re: Yellowstone (Paramount) -- Season 4 -- premieres 11/7/21

Was hoping sooner but still looking forward to it!

Koby 07-01-21 11:29 PM

Was wondering when it was happening. Was suppose to premiere June 20th and then suddenly didn't and I couldn't find out any info as to when it would. November is a long ways off. :'(

Dash 07-02-21 02:51 PM

Just started season 1 and am hooked so bring it on. I guess it also gives me time to catch up.

DJariya 08-19-21 02:13 PM

Premieres Sunday November 7th.

jpcamb 08-20-21 09:06 AM

Even with some of the Soap opera drama stories I'm in. :) wonder if any of the kids actually died in the attacks or if they magically all survive

d2cheer 08-20-21 12:30 PM

Not sure how the show goes on if they don't...

Toonview 08-21-21 01:29 AM

The Dutton family's sense of entitlement irks the crap out of me, but I do enjoy the show otherwise. I look forward to it returning.

dex14 09-02-21 12:29 PM

dex14 11-06-21 03:45 PM

This premieres tomorrow.

DJariya 11-06-21 03:54 PM

Re: Yellowstone (Paramount) -- Season 4 -- premieres 11/7/21

Looks like it's 2 episodes premiering tomorrow.

Koby 11-06-21 04:15 PM

Hype! =)

PhantomStranger 11-06-21 05:43 PM

Viacom is running the premiere on several different channels simultaneously. CMT, POP, Paramount, TV Land, etc...

Dr. DVD 11-07-21 04:41 PM

I tried watching the first episode again on Peacock and didn't get too far with it. One, I'm paying for the most premium service Peacock has to offer and they are STILL airing commercials during it, and second, aside from John Dutton, I find the characters very unrealistic, unlikeable, and poorly acted. Does it get any better? I'm no fan of Dynasty style melodrama, so maybe this isn't my thing.

DJariya 11-08-21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD (Post 14008695)
I tried watching the first episode again on Peacock and didn't get too far with it. One, I'm paying for the most premium service Peacock has to offer and they are STILL airing commercials during it, and second, aside from John Dutton, I find the characters very unrealistic, unlikeable, and poorly acted. Does it get any better? I'm no fan of Dynasty style melodrama, so maybe this isn't my thing.

It wouldn't be on the 4th season if people thought it sucked and didn't watch. When it aired the last 3 summers it was the most watched cable show in the summer.

If you don't like soap operas, then this is probably not for you. It's basically a soap like Dallas and a little of Godfather and western mixed together. It's pretty dark and gritty like an R rated premium cable show.

stingermck 11-08-21 07:32 AM

Great 15 minute opening. But the show continues to forget about Monica. Jimmy gets more screen time than her. And why bring another young boy in the show, when there already is one? And man how many times was Costner shot and he got out of 2 coma's? :lol:

I enjoy the show but it is still ridiculous.

Shannon Nutt 11-08-21 04:19 PM

Agree with the above post. That first 15 minutes was some of the best TV I've seen in years.

The unceremonious exit of Josh Holloway's character makes me wonder if that scene was shot for the finale LAST season and never used. If Holloway came back for just that one scene, props to him.

Was this "militia" they talked about during this episode even mentioned in Season 3? They retcon so much on this series from one year to the next, I never know. :lol:

Michael T Hudson 11-08-21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 14009160)
Agree with the above post. That first 15 minutes was some of the best TV I've seen in years.

The unceremonious exit of Josh Holloway's character makes me wonder if that scene was shot for the finale LAST season and never used. If Holloway came back for just that one scene, props to him.

Was this "militia" they talked about during this episode even mentioned in Season 3? They retcon so much on this series from one year to the next, I never know. :lol:

Sawyer would have never gone at like that. I agree opening was bad ass.

Koby 11-08-21 06:38 PM

Oh man, I can't get enough of this show. Love it!

RichC2 11-08-21 08:25 PM

Yeah, fantastic opening. Director crushed that.

The ratings for this were 104% above the season 3 premiere.

Gizmo 11-08-21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 14009303)
Yeah, fantastic opening. Director crushed that.

The ratings for this were 104% above the season 3 premiere.

LOL, yeah, they combined EVERYTHING into a single number to get it there (which is viewers Not the 18-49demo, so its essentially useless to advertisers). Very deceptive.

DJariya 11-09-21 01:13 AM

:lol: at Rip killing Roarke off with a rattlesnake. Hard to believe Josh Holloway came back to the 2nd season for 1 scene.

It was entertaining, but a lot of ridiculous stuff. The 15 minute sequence at the beginning was awesome and intense. But, I had to :lol: when Beth came out of the explosion with her clothes literally burned off and what looked like 2nd degree burns on her body and a week or so later, she looks normal with only a few minor scars.

Kelly Reilly is so good playing Beth. So evil and conniving, but also IMO quite sexy and alluring.

Nice little flashback for the tease to 1883 with Tim McGraw.

I love Costner in this, but John Dutton is not a nice guy. He's actually kind of an arrogant prick.

DWilson 11-09-21 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14009396)
:lol: at Rip killing Roarke off with a rattlesnake. Hard to believe Josh Holloway came back to the 2nd season for 1 scene.

It was entertaining, but a lot of ridiculous stuff. The 15 minute sequence at the beginning was awesome and intense. But, I had to :lol: when Beth came out of the explosion with her clothes literally burned off and what looked like 2nd degree burns on her body and a week or so later, she looks normal with only a few minor scars.

The reveal of Beth's back during the love scene didn't look like a few minor scars.

stingermck 11-09-21 09:30 AM

I love Costner in this, but John Dutton is not a nice guy. He's actually kind of an arrogant prick.

Thats always going to be my problem with the show. Everyone is an asshole. Except Monica. And she's barely in the show in Season 3 and so far in 4.

johnnysd 11-09-21 11:47 AM

Kelly Reilly is so good playing Beth. So evil and conniving, but also IMO quite sexy and alluring.

Nice little flashback for the tease to 1883 with Tim McGraw.

I think the scene after with her dad was a few months later actually. They played fast an loose with time. I think it is about a year later when Costner goes home

I didn't love the beginning that much. It was just so ludicrous. Nothwithstanding that this is the lamest and most inept group of assassins ever my mind just tunes out at automatic weapon shootouts with really no one getting injured until someone usually shoots someone else with a handgun. After they shot Costner they would have jumped out and shot him in the head. A nine year old shoots someone dead and it is never revisited, after his 95lb mom fights off a 200lb guy. The odds on Beth surviving burns that bad are pretty low but it's TV.

I actually didn't hate the new kid storyline softens Beth a bit.

Still I was somewhat entertained. But as others have mentioned this is really a show about a bunch of really unlikeable entitled people, in outrageous situations. I especially hate Rip who comes across as basically an entitled psychopath.

Also, I guess there are people that would like it, but the cowboys live an insanely awful existence in my view.

Thought the in show advertisement scene for the prequel was not too bad.

Also, militia? WTF? Where in the hell did that come from?