TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Old 10-11-21, 01:57 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,915
Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

This didn't do well in the ratings...I wonder if it will even see a Season 2. Maybe it's better suited for Paramount +?
Old 10-11-21, 02:07 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
This didn't do well in the ratings...I wonder if it will even see a Season 2. Maybe it's better suited for Paramount +?
Honestly you canít compare 2021 ratings to when CSI was in its hey day. More people watched it live back then. Itís ratings are pretty on par with SWAT and thatís in season 5 now.

CBS also sold this to many international markets. And people are going to watch this on Paramount +.
Old 10-11-21, 02:14 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Isle de Muerta
Posts: 2,807
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Ended up checking this out anyways and enjoyed it. Episode one leaves off with a pretty nice hook to get you to return for the next episode. Nice to see several of the old cast again. The original CSI gang was always my favorite.

I'd prefer this be one or two short seasons and done tbh. I don't think I'll stick around if ends up being 24 episode seasons for like 3+ seasons. The nostalgia of having the old gang around again only will last so long... and I doubt Petersen will be around much.
Old 10-11-21, 02:27 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Ended up checking this out anyways and enjoyed it. Episode one leaves off with a pretty nice hook to get you to return for the next episode. Nice to see several of the old cast again. The original CSI gang was always my favorite.

I'd prefer this be one or two short seasons and done tbh. I don't think I'll stick around if ends up being 24 episode seasons for like 3+ seasons. The nostalgia of having the old gang around again only will last so long... and I doubt Petersen will be around much.
It's a 10 episode season as I mentioned earlier.
Old 10-11-21, 02:50 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Isle de Muerta
Posts: 2,807
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It's a 10 episode season as I mentioned earlier.
I know this and said I preferred it this way. However that doesn't mean they won't end up trying to make extended multiple seasons after.
Old 10-11-21, 05:22 PM
  #56  
MrX
DVD Talk Hero
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,193
Likes: 0
Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I thought it was good, but probably wouldn’t have bothered watching it if Sara and Grissom weren’t back.

I watched the original, but checked out during Danson’s run.
Old 10-11-21, 06:29 PM
  #57  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,780
Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I know this and said I preferred it this way. However that doesn't mean they won't end up trying to make extended multiple seasons after.
Clearly, they're setting up for a possible continuation of the series. If it does well, it'll come back. If Peterson enjoys himself, he'll be back.
Old 10-12-21, 10:40 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,694
Received 635 Likes on 445 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Thought this was a fine reintroduction to the series. It also felt reinvigorated after having a decent break since the original ended. Having just marathoned most of the original over the last year, after a few seasons it felt one case was always stronger than the other. Both cases in this one were interesting. However it felt more like a Langston era vibe as it was lacking the levity Sanders or Hodges always brought to the mix. Seems like Matt Lauria's character might head that direction but he was pretty serious throughout with only a glimmer of humor. Hard to get a read on the rest of the cast thus far. The ME felt a little too cartoony, so we'll see how that goes.

I liked that they kinda glossed over Sarah just stepping back in saying, "they needed the help" and not putting up some writers roadblock to create tension with the old vs new cast.

Anyway, off to a good start, IMO. Looking forward to more Grissom next episode. I wish they would have brought Greg back though just to have more than Sarah and Grissom tying back to the original show. Brass being retired and blind doesn't count.
Old 10-13-21, 07:14 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk Legend
 
d2cheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 10,925
Received 188 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Hmmm...I thought it was just a little too cute/cocky in how flippant it was on certain things. Didn't like the first episode, I get they need to "set it up" but meh.

Don't care for the new editions at all so far.

Only 10 episodes I can stick with it. We will DVR it and watch when nothing else is on.


Hopefully some other cameos in the future episodes.


Old 10-26-21, 02:09 AM
  #60  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I'm now caught up through the 3 episodes that have aired. Really good having Grissom back starting with episode 2. I always enjoy Petersen's presence and his one-liners.

I suppose this David Hodges arc is going to be the backdrop storyline during the cases of the week.

I did notice Grissom's condition when he had trouble focusing and thought Uh Oh. But they addressed it quickly in the last episode and he says he has some kind of land sickness.

Also, the main cast is really small. It's Roby, Folsom, Rajan and the coroner aside from Grissom and Sara. I think that's good. CSI's cast did get really bloated in the later seasons. And the new coroner is apparently an apprentice to Robbins.
Old 10-26-21, 05:34 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,862
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I'm now caught up through the 3 episodes that have aired. Really good having Grissom back starting with episode 2. I always enjoy Petersen's presence and his one-liners.

I suppose this David Hodges arc is going to be the backdrop storyline during the cases of the week.

I did notice Grissom's condition when he had trouble focusing and thought Uh Oh. But they addressed it quickly in the last episode and he says he has some kind of land sickness.

Also, the main cast is really small. It's Roby, Folsom, Rajan and the coroner aside from Grissom and Sara. I think that's good. CSI's cast did get really bloated in the later seasons. And the new coroner is apparently an apprentice to Robbins.
Yeah the size of the cast is just right. I have enjoyed all the episodes so far. I like that they aren't creating fake conflicts or corporate political stuff just a group of investigators who like each other and like what they are doing. I mean it's not must see TV but maybe a bit better than I expected.
Old 10-26-21, 07:16 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,694
Received 635 Likes on 445 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

CSI's cast was bloated from the beginning, it just got even bigger as time went on. From the first season you had,

Grissom
Sara
Catherine
Warrick
Nick
Sanders
Brass
Doc Robbins
David Phillips

Then you rotate in the occasional lab rat, Hodges getting most of the attention, and you have almost 10 regulars right from the start. This cast is pretty slim by comparison but that's okay as it means more screen time for Grissom.
Old 10-26-21, 08:04 PM
  #63  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 11,748
Received 966 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I don't watch any of these shows but saw a preview commercial for the next episode on CBS and a character asked the Grissom character why he was really back at CSI, but they cut it off before William Peterson could break character and say, "Money."
Old 11-18-21, 11:56 AM
  #64  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,075
Likes: 0
Received 176 Likes on 131 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Everyone still engaged with this? I'm enjoying the storyline with Grissom/Sara, etc, but not as invested in the weekly case. As it was pointed out, I'm glad the run for this is 10 episodes so a conclusion is coming soon.
Old 11-18-21, 12:02 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I'm through episode 5. I didn't care much about the case with the CSI boss and the FBI guy who likes her working on with the plane crash. But, you know cases of the week are hit or miss sometimes. I do like how it's going with the serialized story with Grissom and Sara.

Jorja Fox just tweeted a few days ago that she finished her last ADR session for the show, so she's definitely wrapped for the season.
Old 11-18-21, 12:05 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 16,489
Received 434 Likes on 316 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I'm enjoying it more than I expected. Probably because there's no one in the new cast who I find annoying.
The following users liked this post:
tommyp007 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 06:32 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,694
Received 635 Likes on 445 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I didn't care much about the case with the CSI boss and the FBI guy who likes her working on with the plane crash.
I didn't think he was a very good actor. He kinda brought down every scene he was in and took Newsome with him in the scenes they shared.
Old 11-18-21, 07:25 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Isle de Muerta
Posts: 2,807
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I'm still enjoying this. Love seeing the old crew, and "most" of the new crew has been a nice addition.
Old 11-19-21, 07:24 AM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
d2cheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 10,925
Received 188 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by story View Post
I don't watch any of these shows but saw a preview commercial for the next episode on CBS and a character asked the Grissom character why he was really back at CSI, but they cut it off before William Peterson could break character and say, "Money."


What a clever response for a show you don't watch. Yeah work for free...typical.

Old 11-19-21, 08:41 AM
  #70  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,694
Received 635 Likes on 445 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Yeah pretty dumb drive by comment. Peterson is an Executive Producer, so he gets paid whether he's on screen or not.
Old 11-19-21, 11:02 AM
  #71  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
ben12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Where I live?
Posts: 3,519
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

He probably gets a little extra for acting, though.
Old 11-21-21, 02:05 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 25,893
Received 995 Likes on 643 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

I just found out that there's a character on the show named Adam Tyner! I was friends with showrunner Jason Tracey in high school, and he talked about naming a character on Burn Notice after me, so I'm thinking this might not be a coincidence.
The following 2 users liked this post by Adam Tyner:
DJariya (11-21-21), Michael Corvin (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 02:25 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,075
Likes: 0
Received 176 Likes on 131 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Very cool! I see the character's name in the cast list. Was his name mentioned in an episode?
Old 11-22-21, 01:37 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I just found out that there's a character on the show named Adam Tyner! I was friends with showrunner Jason Tracey in high school, and he talked about naming a character on Burn Notice after me, so I'm thinking this might not be a coincidence.
Here's the actor who's playing "you"

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0657314/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t9

I don't recall the character and he's supposedly in 4 of the 10 episodes.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (11-22-21)
Old 12-15-21, 03:11 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,947
Received 1,777 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

https://deadline.com/2021/12/csi-veg...aa5dee56334940

Renewed for a 2nd season, but William Petersen will not return.

Jorja Fox may return, but it's unclear right now.


I did read they may look into other CSI leads like Danson, Caruso or Sinise as possible new additions should Petersen not return.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.