DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   CSI: Vegas (CBS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/653037-csi-vegas-cbs.html)

DJariya 05-19-21 01:16 PM

Re: CSI: Vegas (CBS)

CBS posted some production stills from the Pilot of CSI Vegas today

and it will air Wednesdays at 10pm after Survivor and Tough as Nails

Jorja Fox posted this last week. I guess they are shooting some of it in Vegas

DJariya 05-19-21 04:01 PM

Promotional feature with some footage from the Pilot. Petersen and Fox are interviewed.

From the way it looks, Grissom and Sara look like supporting characters.

johnnysd 05-21-21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13935660)
https://twitter.com/CSICBS/status/13...059027456?s=20

Promotional feature with some footage from the Pilot. Petersen and Fox are interviewed.

From the way it looks, Grissom and Sara look like supporting characters.

Totally up for this. Unlike most here I actually don't mind procedurals. l

DJariya 05-21-21 01:09 PM

With Grissom being a supporting character this time, it probably means Petersen won't have to appear in every episode like he did in the original run.

And it looks like this is a full fledged 22-24 episode season from the schedule and not a limited or event series. Fine with me.

The CSI IP is a moneymaker for CBS and I'm sure many stations around the world are happy this is back. Hell, a 6 year hiatus after a 15 season run is a nice long break.

Michael Corvin 05-22-21 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 13936432)
Totally up for this. Unlike most here I actually don't mind procedurals. l

CSI is probably the only procedural I'm down for more of.

Runaway 05-22-21 08:25 AM

If it is not an event series, it's not for me. I'm just not into procedural anymore and I stopped watching CSI when Ted Danson took over in Season 12.

Koby 05-22-21 04:23 PM

Yeah I was willing to watch this when I thought it would be some mini-series bringing the old cast back... but now that it seems it'll be a full on ongoing series likely for another 10 seasons or something... I've lost all interest and won't even bother watching a single episode.

DJariya 07-12-21 02:54 PM

Premieres October 6th. On the 21st anniversary of the original show premiering

DJariya 07-22-21 11:42 AM

TheMovieman 07-23-21 04:13 PM

Looking forward to this. Hope it's good.

DJariya 08-22-21 04:37 PM

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/22/csi-s...orking-on-set/

William Petersen hospitalized after falling ill on set. But the report says he has been released from the hospital.

Michael Corvin 08-22-21 06:18 PM

I wonder if this show will fall under the original CSI show page on Hulu or if it will be listed as a new show.

DJariya 08-29-21 05:02 PM

The first full trailer

tommyp007 08-29-21 05:18 PM

Hell yes. I'm in.

DJariya 08-30-21 01:07 AM

Here's the official HD 16:9 trailer from YouTube for those who hate Twitter embeds.

Shannon Nutt 08-30-21 04:44 PM

Are they killing off
Spoiler:
Jim Brass

Sure seems so from that trailer.

johnnysd 08-30-21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13976945)

Looks solid. Peterson looks both older but healthier at the same time which is interesting. I liked the one line about criminals being smarter, that could lead to more interesting episodes. A lot of real world forensics were born with the show and they will need to keep pushing the edge.

DJariya 09-09-21 03:16 PM

Another trailer

DJariya 09-10-21 12:07 PM

https://deadline.com/2021/09/csi-veg...ox-1234830338/

According to Deadline in this interview with the creator of CSI and the showrunner for CSI Vegas, the episode order is 10. Doesn’t say if that’s firm or not. It says the season will be a mix of serial and case of the week.

Michael Corvin 09-19-21 06:03 PM

I'm just about done with my re-watch which I started before this reboot was a thing, so that's kinda cool. Made it up to where Langston/Fishburne was introduced and Grissom is on the way out. Seems like a good stopping point. The Langston years, while good, were too dark, and the Danson/Shue years were okay, just don't feel the need to revisit. I still need to watch the 2 hour finale which I never saw, then I figure I've got my CSI fix before the reboot.

DJariya 09-20-21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13986456)
I'm just about done with my re-watch which I started before this reboot was a thing, so that's kinda cool. Made it up to where Langston/Fishburne was introduced and Grissom is on the way out. Seems like a good stopping point. The Langston years, while good, were too dark, and the Danson/Shue years were okay, just don't feel the need to revisit. I still need to watch the 2 hour finale which I never saw, then I figure I've got my CSI fix before the reboot.

I don't know if you have Hulu (if that's how you've been re-watching it) but the entire series is on there including the 2 hour series finale.

It's been 6 years since the 2 hour finale aired on TV, I'm still surprised you never saw it. But, I recall you mentioned you were busy at the time and just never got around to it. Well, you have 2 weeks before the premiere.

Michael Corvin 09-21-21 06:35 AM

Yeah, I was in the middle of a move at the time and the Tivo missed it and I just never went back.

Mike86 10-06-21 07:26 PM

Bump for the premiere. I didn’t watch a lot of CSI (or it’s spin-offs) when it was on, but caught it in reruns. Think I’ll give the revival a try.

DJariya 10-09-21 06:39 PM

The new CSI Vegas opening credits. Fox and Petersen are in them

I just started it. Brass is partially blind. Sara and Gil were apparently living in San Diego, but recruited back after the attack on Brass. They do mention Catherine in passing.

Oh and TV Line confirmed it will be a short 10 episode season. They are apparently filming the finale now. I figured Petersen would not commit to a long season anymore. Also read that Petersen is only contracted for 1 season.

DJariya 10-10-21 01:49 AM

So I finished it tonight. The 1st episode appears to be setting up a serialized story with someone framing Hodges.

Interesting that they cast Matt Lauria from Friday Night Lights as one of the CSI's. He previously appeared on the show as an FBI agent for a multi-episode arc. But, actors playing multiple characters in the same show is nothing new.

Grissom's appearance in the 1st episode was pretty much a cameo.