Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"My Adventures with Superman" - New Animated Series coming to HBOMax & Cartoon Network

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"My Adventures with Superman" - New Animated Series coming to HBOMax & Cartoon Network

Old 05-19-21, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

This was announced today. Young Superman will be voiced by Jack Quaid.

The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (05-19-21)
Old 05-19-21, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
Re: "My Adventures with Superman" - New Animated Series coming to HBOMax & Cartoon Network

Old 05-19-21, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: "My Adventures with Superman" - New Animated Series coming to HBOMax & Cartoon Network

Not crazy about the anime style.
Old 05-19-21, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Not crazy about the anime style.
I kinda love it. My kids will too.

The best part of this is that it's on HBO Max in addition to CN, so we don't have to play the usual game of "what terrible timeslot will CN shift this to without changing the DVR schedules?"
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (05-19-21)
Old 05-19-21, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Superman and Lois will be in their mid 20s on this program before they are married. I'm not sure that's a great age for Superman in media at this point - most of his fans today want a married Superman. Today's Hollywood won't really allow the antics of a single Clark Kent/Superman with Lois around, which leaves an unworkable and unappealing dynamic between Lois and Clark before they are in a relationship.

I really wish the Superman Family cartoon series had been green-lit a few years back. Tell me this doesn't look awesome.

Old 05-19-21, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

That concept does look awesome.

I'm cool with younger Superman and younger Lois aimed at kids, though. Not sure that's what I would want for a live action movie or anything, but for a kids cartoon, why not? I figure that's the only way we can get him to not be grim and gritty, if we use the excuse that it's for the kids.