Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dr. Death (Peacock) -- S: Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater, Alec Baldwin -- Limited series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dr. Death (Peacock) -- S: Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater, Alec Baldwin -- Limited series

Old 08-09-21, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 317 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Dr. Death (Peacock) -- S: Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater, Alec Baldwin -- Limited series

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
IMO, The football sequence was there to show how he couldn't apply the knowledge, and hell couldn't tell left from right. He can have all the book knowledge in the world, but knowing and doing are extremely different things.
Agreed but why keep going after hurting people unless it somehow got you off?
Old 08-09-21, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 421 Likes on 334 Posts
Re: Dr. Death (Peacock) -- S: Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater, Alec Baldwin -- Limited series

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Agreed but why keep going after hurting people unless it somehow got you off?
Because, from his perspective, none of it was his fault - he was great at what he did and it was his way to make a living and eventually get into a powerful position at a local hospital. Or, if he did acknowledge his own mistakes, he would just "get it right next time.", the patients were immaterial.

Last edited by RichC2; 08-09-21 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-10-21, 11:38 AM

Received 114 Likes on 95 Posts

I think he saw himself as infallible. He is a narcist and could do no wrong. The college football flashback made that clear. He didn't even trust the scale when is weight was off. He couldn't be wrong, the scale had to be. Guided by his mentor Kelsey Grammer he made a good job. The scene where Grammer guides his hand was a key moment too.
He probably would have succeeded as an researcher or diagnostician, but due to his narcism he had to succeed in the field of neuro surgeon, which in his mind he did. I don't think, in the show, he willingly hurt people.
Old 08-22-21, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

Holy shit, I’m watching this now and this doctor is such a sociopath. What’s incredibly frightening is how easy going and affable he appears to be but there is clearly something wrong with him.

And what’s even more scary is how many medical professionals were covering for him.