WandaVision (S1E09) - “The Series Finale” - 3/5/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

WandaVision (S1E09) - “The Series Finale” - 3/5/21

Old 03-16-21, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: WandaVision (S1E09) - “The Series Finale” - 3/5/21

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
The battle in the air between Wanda and Agnes was certainly cinematic in quality and would have been impressive to see on a huge theater screen.
I was thinking the same. Could have great in 3D as well.
Old 03-16-21, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
I'm glad you enjoy my posts! But I'm a big boy I can handle it if someone disagrees with me
Looking back at my post I realize it seemed very aggressive, but unintentionally so. Sorry about that! Maybe I shouldn’t post when I’ve been drinking.
Old 03-17-21, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Looking back at my post I realize it seemed very aggressive, but unintentionally so. Sorry about that! Maybe I shouldn’t post when I’ve been drinking.
Apology not necessary. And that's the best time to post!

The following users liked this post:
Tom Banjo (03-17-21)
Old 04-25-21, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Finally finished it (my family, fresh off of finally finishing the rest of the MCU, wanted to watch with me). Avoided all the hype so I liked it a lot better than most of you (though I had some things spoiled by, of all things, pictures of action figures).

I liked that they swerved you with a villain, then swerved you again when the villain wasn't the true cause of everything and pulling Wanda's strings to give her an out.

White Vision, like the comics, is basically reset and has to refind his humanity. Also like the comics the kids disappear but may reappear later.

Really liked the revelation that Wanda had powers before even encountering the Mind Gem, maybe even a connection to being a mutant (though they just refer to her being a fledgling witch). To my mind it brought up two extra questions:
a) Did she give her brother his powers so he wouldn't die when being exposed to the Mind Gem? Will that lead to some reverse "no more mutants" in the cinematic universe?
b) Did she force/influence Vision to like her? Obviously they weren't going to address that here considering the story they were going for but it didn't seem clear to me.

I didn't like the Sword director going full on evil including changing wardrobe to match.
The following users liked this post:
VinVega (04-25-21)
Old 07-17-21, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Just finished this. I absolutely LOVED this. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it.

I grew up in the 90s sitcom age - Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step - so I just connected with it.

It was so mysterious and I had no idea where they were taking this. I don’t read comics, watch trailers, or read reviews, so I went in fresh.

Very creative and that’s what I value most when choosing to watch tv shows and movies. Creativity.