Search this Thread

Old 03-02-21, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Flash (CW) -- Season 7 -- Premieres 3/2/21

TUESDAY, MARCH 2

SEASON PREMIERE

THE FLASH

"All's Wells That Ends Wells" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SEASON PREMIERE - When an experiment to save Barry's (Grant Gustin) speed backfires, Nash Wells (Tom Cavanagh) searches for a way to save The Flash and comes up with a dangerous plan. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) makes a startling realization inside the Mirrorverse and Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) faces off with Rosa Dillon (guest star Ashley Rickards). Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Lauren Certo (#701). Original airdate 3/2/2021.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com

FYI, this was already renewed for an 8th season

The season premiere is a re-working of episode 20 from last season. They were shut down while filming episode 20. So the producers had to re-work it to make it the 7th season opener.

Eric Wallace, the showrunner, says they had to change about 20% of it

https://tvline.com/2021/02/28/the-fl...s-chillblaine/

The current arc from season 6 with Eva will be wrapped up by episode 3, which were written for last season. Episode 703 as Wallace said in the interview was originally written as episode 622 (the finale), so it had to be re-worked as well.

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-6...-eric-wallace/
Old 03-02-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: The Flash (CW) -- Season 7 -- Premieres 3/2/21

I wonder how quickly they'll bring back Danielle Panabaker since she was only written out to cover for a pregnancy that was no longer an issue by the time they started actually filming. The showrunner said 2 to 3 episodes sooner, but I wonder if she'll be in the season 6 resolution now that they no longer have Ralph.
Old 03-02-21, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Am I missing anything if I jump in on this having bailed after Crisis?

The mirrorverse stuff was just lame and we just needed an arrowverse break.
Old 03-02-21, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

As I stated above the Mirrorverse arc has not been wrapped yet. Season 6 ended on a cliffhanger.
Old 03-02-21, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

I can’t even remember if I watched the season finale last season.
Iris is still in the mirror?
Old 03-03-21, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, they actually killed off Wells. Did not expect that. Now that he and all the other versions were absorbed into the ASF to give Barry back his speed. It was pretty funny when Gustan had to impersonate all those different versions of Wells briefly.

and Eric Wallace does confirm that all versions of Wells are dead.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/02/the-fl...at-ends-wells/

But, he does say that even though the characters are dead, he may have more to do later. I'm guessing Tom Cavanaugh is now done is a regular on this show and will now only guest star at a later time.

and then I didn't expect that twist that Eva was actually a mirror version and the real one is dead.

The episode was a little weird without Cisco and Caitlin. I don't really know the Chester and Allegra characters that well to resonate with them. It almost felt like a reboot with them.
Old 03-03-21, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's weird to kill off Harry with Earth 2's (and Jesse's) fate still unacknowledged. I never cared for all of the kooky Wells characters so it will be good to not have to deal with them anymore.
Old 03-03-21, 09:22 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

The stuff with Tom Cavanaugh had been terrible. If he is gone, it is for the better. And I like Tom Cavanaugh a lot.

I hope the show improves after they get past this storyline. I can’t believe there are two more years of this at this quality.

Last edited by dex14; 03-03-21 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-03-21, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I can see the various Wells’ still existing inside the speed force, with Barry having access to them when he feels he needs a mentor role other than Joe (on an occasional guest-starring basis for Cavanaugh).
Old 03-03-21, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Yeah they need to put this show out if its misery. I love the heartfelt talk from Barry at the end with 2 characters we hardly know or care about.
Old 03-03-21, 06:36 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I'm pretty sure Tom Cavanaugh will continue to be on the show directing episodes as he's done on the previous seasons. I'm sad to see Wells go, but the goofy ones were driving me crazy. I imagine Wells can still come back on Earth 2 and maybe tie-in with Stargirl at some point.

As for the show, even though I love the Flash, there are too many characters I don't care about on the show. Also, the villains have become weaker by the season in terms of interest. They need to go back and work with a new version of the Rogues and make the stakes higher. Bring also other villains from other DC shows. Someone like Scarecrow, or Metallo or Sinestro. Let the Flash crew play with the full deck of cards to make the show more interesting.
The following 2 users liked this post by Red Hood:
ddrknghtrtns (03-03-21), DWilson (03-03-21)
Old 03-04-21, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I bailed on all of it with the Crisis. I didn't watch any last year. I tuned into the premier and with all the new faces and story lines that I know nothing about I quickly lost interest and bailed after 30 minutes or so. I don't know that I'll be back. I do wonder if their viewership increased or decreased due to Crisis.
Old 03-04-21, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
I bailed on all of it with the Crisis. I didn't watch any last year. I tuned into the premier and with all the new faces and story lines that I know nothing about I quickly lost interest and bailed after 30 minutes or so. I don't know that I'll be back. I do wonder if their viewership increased or decreased due to Crisis.
The long hiatus didn't help. I watched the episode and while I remembered (unpleasantly) the whole Mirror Universe thing, I didn't recall where we left off and was bit thrown off at first. I really haven't enjoyed the show since they went to these long-running storylines with just one villain. I could as easily drop it as not.
Old 03-04-21, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Losing Ralph and his storyline with Sue is a huge blow. I can completely understand the actor getting fired but they should have recast him instead of just vanishing him off. The writing crew may want to start tapping into the Mark Waid era with Impulse. I know it's another speedster but it was a pretty good storyline that can be translated into the show.
Old 03-04-21, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It's weird to kill off Harry with Earth 2's (and Jesse's) fate still unacknowledged. I never cared for all of the kooky Wells characters so it will be good to not have to deal with them anymore.
In the Flash, Earth 2 through infinity are gone as are the people.
Old 03-04-21, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kdogg
In the Flash, Earth 2 through infinity are gone as are the people.
It was restored at the end of Crisis. Stargirl is on Earth-2. Our Earth-1 characters don't know this though, and what happened to the pre-crisis Earth 2 characters is also unknown.
Old 03-05-21, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Losing Ralph and his storyline with Sue is a huge blow. I can completely understand the actor getting fired but they should have recast him instead of just vanishing him off. The writing crew may want to start tapping into the Mark Waid era with Impulse. I know it's another speedster but it was a pretty good storyline that can be translated into the show.
They could have kept the character and re-cast, which nobody seems to want to do anymore. However, with a shape-shiftable character it could be easily explained. They are supposed to do a wrap-up episode, but are supposedly keeping "Sue" in the series, which seems odd.
Old 03-05-21, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

The episode felt off to me because Barry's mourning losing Wells with two characters the audience barely knows or cares about yet. Iris was shunt off to her b-plot, so Barry didn't really even interact much with her or her father.
Old 03-05-21, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I’m just ready for this mirror storyline to finally be over so we can move on to something new. I know they couldn’t do anything with Covid hitting, but damn Iris has been in this mirror world for 14 months of our lives now. That’s a long time for such a meh plot.
Old 03-06-21, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The episode was a little weird without Cisco and Caitlin. I don't really know the Chester and Allegra characters that well to resonate with them. It almost felt like a reboot with them.
I hope this isn’t a setup to replace Cisco and Caitlin with a cheaper B team by seasons end. Both actors has prolonged absences last season before the pandemic.
Old 03-07-21, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, they actually killed off Wells. Did not expect that. Now that he and all the other versions were absorbed into the ASF to give Barry back his speed. It was pretty funny when Gustan had to impersonate all those different versions of Wells briefly.

and Eric Wallace does confirm that all versions of Wells are dead.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/02/the-fl...at-ends-wells/

But, he does say that even though the characters are dead, he may have more to do later. I'm guessing Tom Cavanaugh is now done is a regular on this show and will now only guest star at a later time.
Won't Cavanaugh be back as whathisface in the prison in the future? Or does that plotline get snipped as well?
Old 03-08-21, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Wow. Watching that was like watching a completely different show. Without Caitlin, Cisco, Ralph and now Wells, there really is only one character left that I actually care about on the show anymore. Hopefully Caitlin and Cisco come back soon.
Old 03-09-21, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
Wow. Watching that was like watching a completely different show. Without Caitlin, Cisco, Ralph and now Wells, there really is only one character left that I actually care about on the show anymore. Hopefully Caitlin and Cisco come back soon.
Cisco is mentioned in the description of this week's (3/9) episode.
Old 03-09-21, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Cisco is mentioned in the description of this week's (3/9) episode.
Good news indeed.
Old 03-10-21, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Nice to have Cisco back. And Frost, too!

That was a weird ending.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.