DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   WandaVision (S1E08) - “Previously On” - 2/26/21 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/652504-wandavision-s1e08-%93previously-%94-2-26-21-a.html)

dex14 02-26-21 02:09 AM

WandaVision (S1E08) - “Previously On” - 2/26/21

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...085b2410e.jpeg

Wanda embarks on a troubling journey revisiting her past for insight into her present and future.

The Antipodean 02-26-21 03:11 AM

Re: WandaVision (S1E08) - “Previously On” - 2/26/21

Don’t miss the post credit scene!

lot of exposition this time but it was really needed to fill in some blanks and sets up a killer showdown next week which feels like it’s gonna have to be 90 minutes at least to tie all those threads up!

Paul_SD 02-26-21 04:18 AM

Yeah, the last ep has got some heavy lifting to do. Even if there is some lingering business left to pay off in the next DS, there is still going to have to be some satisfying resolution to several characters for this not to feel like a big, masturbatory tease.

Loved it though.

Perkinsun Dzees 02-26-21 04:50 AM

So, is the mystery actor appearing in episode 9 that Paul Bettany has said he longed to work with all his life...himself?

"We have some amazing scenes together, and I think the chemistry between us is extraordinary and fireworks on set."

Hmmmm.......

Timber 02-26-21 06:48 AM

Was it Magneto behind one of those doors in Agatha's basement? Thought I saw he "M" over one of the doors.

dex14 02-26-21 07:15 AM

I was surprised the theory that the actors in the commercials were Wanda's parents didn't turn out to be true.

Red Hood 02-26-21 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13897259)
I was surprised the theory that the actors in the commercials were Wanda's parents didn't turn out to be true.

I'm surprised that they didn't go with hinting Magneto could potentially be the father. I guess they are going all in on the Marvel Comics retcon. Also, next episode needs to be at least an hour to wrap things up.

Loved the episode. Shows how grief can take over someone's life and if there's no people around, it can destroy you. The only thing I'm trying to make sense now is that several episodes ago Darcy uncovered the video that showed Wanda getting Vision out the SWORD facility.
Spoiler:
In this episode we clearly see that the Vision in Westview is created by Wanda and that Hayward still has the original Vision (which is now white). I know there's weird stuff going on with the effects of magic and recordings, but what truly happened and is Hayward also manipulating Monica, Darcy and Woo.

Also, it seems clear, and I believe it was announced before, that Doctor Strange will show up next week. I mean, there's a magic war, and he's the Sorcerer Supreme.

Red Hood 02-26-21 07:53 AM

Spoiler:

devilshalo 02-26-21 08:18 AM

The one episode that I thought there would be an ATJ cameo with the Hydra/von Strucker's experiment scene. so if she recreated Vision thru her magic, that means she created the kids, too, so they also couldn't leave the Hex?

majorjoe23 02-26-21 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13897264)
I'm surprised that they didn't go with hinting Magneto could potentially be the father. I guess they are going all in on the Marvel Comics retcon. Also, next episode needs to be at least an hour to wrap things up.

Loved the episode. Shows how grief can take over someone's life and if there's no people around, it can destroy you. The only thing I'm trying to make sense now is that several episodes ago Darcy uncovered the video that showed Wanda getting Vision out the SWORD facility.
Spoiler:
In this episode we clearly see that the Vision in Westview is created by Wanda and that Hayward still has the original Vision (which is now white). I know there's weird stuff going on with the effects of magic and recordings, but what truly happened and is Hayward also manipulating Monica, Darcy and Woo.

Also, it seems clear, and I believe it was announced before, that Doctor Strange will show up next week. I mean, there's a magic war, and he's the Sorcerer Supreme.

Didn’t Magneto not find out they were his kids once they were adults? We could always find out that Magneto may have been their father, but he wasn’t their daddy.

Red Hood 02-26-21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 13897286)
Didn’t Magneto not find out they were his kids once they were adults? We could always find out that Magneto may have been their father, but he wasn’t their daddy.

Sure, that can happen down the road, when mutants are officially part of the MCU.

Xander 02-26-21 11:38 AM

The Vision stuff is very confusing. Darcy sees a video of Wanda stealing Vision's body. But that's not in the memories we saw, and Hayward seems to have the body. Was the video a fake? Why would there be a fake video?

Deftones 02-26-21 11:39 AM

Maybe to manipulate everyone into believing something.

RichC2 02-26-21 11:57 AM

I figured it was staged so they'd be able to attack the Wanda and the Hex outright.

Toddarino 02-26-21 01:14 PM

I really hope this means Bettany and Vision aren’t done being apart of the MCU yet.

Also I think someone was chopping an onion in the house when I was watching this episode. Funny since I live alone.

joe_b 02-26-21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Xander (Post 13897370)
The Vision stuff is very confusing. Darcy sees a video of Wanda stealing Vision's body. But that's not in the memories we saw, and Hayward seems to have the body. Was the video a fake? Why would there be a fake video?

They never show her stealing the body in the security footage. Hayward is trying to frame her to cover up his own shenanigans.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
so if she recreated Vision thru her magic, that means she created the kids, too, so they also couldn't leave the Hex?

Vision manifested out of Wanda as yellow infinity stone energy, while the rest of the Hex was created with her red energy. Perhaps he'd be able to exist outside the Hex if he possesses the body Hayward's team reconstructed? Not sure if that's where they're heading, since I didn't think there were plans for Bettany to continue playing Vision after this show.

Toddarino 02-26-21 02:29 PM

As much as I’d like to see a surprise casting choice, I’m gonna laugh really hard if the actor that Paul Bettany always wanted to work With was himself.

LorenzoL 02-26-21 02:50 PM

This episode was able to provide us with some insight on the events before Westview being taken over. I still don’t think that she created the twins so who knows.

Next week episode better be longer than 30 minutes...

Mondo Kane 02-26-21 03:52 PM

The mechanical whirring done on Vision in the Sword Facility. All I heard were screams. :(

I believe it hasn't been touched on in these threads, but the music-composer has been doing an incredible job with the score. Wanda's theme (Which you can hear a rendition of during her first encounter with the stone) is already my most favorite piece of music heard in the MCU.

whotony 02-26-21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13897283)
The one episode that I thought there would be an ATJ cameo with the Hydra/von Strucker's experiment scene. so if she recreated Vision thru her magic, that means she created the kids, too, so they also couldn't leave the Hex?

whats and ATJ cameo?

Mr. Flix 02-26-21 05:06 PM

Dang, this episode packed an emotional wallop. I'm already thinking the finale is going to break me. As much as I love a downer ending in general, I really want Wanda and Vision genuinely reunited in the finale. I want a happy ending, dang it! Never much cared for these two before now, but with this show they have become two of my favorite MCU characters.

Mondo Kane 02-26-21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13897656)
whats and ATJ cameo?

Aaron Taylor Johnson

Paul_SD 02-26-21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane (Post 13897621)
The mechanical whirring done on Vision in the Sword Facility. All I heard were screams. :(

I believe it hasn't been touched on in these threads, but the music-composer has been doing an incredible job with the score. Wanda's theme (Which you can hear a rendition of during her first encounter with the stone) is already my most favorite piece of music heard in the MCU.

Yeah, Beck is great.
I've been wanting to buy a download of some of the eps, but the prices are way out of line for the amount of music they're giving you.
This will probably be the first (only?) one I get as the music was not only moving, it seemed like it was constant damn near through the entire run time.

dex14 02-26-21 05:55 PM

Two interesting things... we find out Wanda had powers all along, and the Mind Stone just enhanced it. This lays more seeds toward mutants. We finally have her referred to as Scarlett Witch.

Artman 02-26-21 06:51 PM

Great episode, hate to be that guy but a few things did stick out...

Was that a recast Strucker? Also, why didn't they go with VHS tapes?

The finale has a lot of heavy lifting to do, here's hoping for at least 45min of actual episode time...