Reload this Page >

Allen v. Farrow (HBO Max) - 4-Part Docuseries, Premiers 2/21/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Allen v. Farrow (HBO Max) - 4-Part Docuseries, Premiers 2/21/21

Old 03-08-21, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Allen v. Farrow (HBO Max) - 4-Part Docuseries, Premiers 2/21/21

The funny (not funny ha, ha) thing about this documentary is that I think I believed the accusations about Allen more before this documentary. So much of it feels forced and rehearsed. A friend of mine who was absolutely certain of Allen's guilt started watching it and messaged me saying she now believes Farrow is at least as messed up as Allen.
Old 03-14-21, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 611 Likes on 442 Posts

Tonight is the last episode, reminder.
Old 03-15-21, 02:23 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

This pretty much shredded what Moses has stated in the past. Looks like that deal Ronan mentioned earlier that Woody offered him to be on his side, put him through college, etc., Woody probably also offered to Moses, who clearly took him up on it.
Old 03-16-21, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

They really tried to spin that electric train part of the story in episode 4. In her 2014 open letter, Dylan described an electric train traveling in circles around the attic. Not just a non-powered toy train stored in the crawl space. So they referenced her open letter but completely omitted the part with her description of the operating electric train and tried to explain it away by the toy train stored in the crawl space.

And did anyone else pause it when they showed the diagram of the crawl space? It looked like the dimensions were around 8-10 ft squared with a very low, slopped ceiling. Not much room in there.
Old 03-16-21, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,883 Likes on 1,895 Posts

I thought Dylan was really credible even if Mia seemed "off" sometimes. This was really, really bad for Woody's legacy and that bums me out because I still want to like his work. I don't know. A lot of this doc seemed very one sided but I can't imagine anyone watching it and still doubting Dylan's allegations.
Old 03-17-21, 02:34 AM

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
This pretty much shredded what Moses has stated in the past. Looks like that deal Ronan mentioned earlier that Woody offered him to be on his side, put him through college, etc., Woody probably also offered to Moses, who clearly took him up on it.
I don't know what happened, but this whole family seems to be deeply disturbed.
Old 03-19-21, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
This pretty much shredded what Moses has stated in the past.
Are you kidding? I think it just reinforced everything Moses says. It's still same-old, same-old of Mia aligning family and friends to try to destroy Woody with the same distortions and outright lies.
The following users liked this post:
tommyp007 (03-19-21)
Old 12-29-21, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Came to this program late. My opinion of Woody's guilt or innocence has always been that he didn't do it. Child molesters just aren't one and done; until I hear more evidence to the contrary, I'm just not convinced. And as far as his obvious predilection for younger females is concerned, despite what the documentary would have you believe, it's not the same thing. Still, I have no personal stake in this tale, so it's just an opinion.
Watching people like Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose, and Chris Cuomo reporting this story, seeing celebrities and former collaborators run to their Twitter accounts to loudly declare their condemnation of Woody when it became safe to do so, or to protect their career amused me as well.