Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff - EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff - EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

Old 08-17-22, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts
re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff, EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

Trailer was great, looking forward to this.
Old 08-17-22, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 924 Likes on 642 Posts
re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff, EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

That does look good. Sort of an Umbrella Academy vibe to it. I will check it out.

Curious as to who Fester is because they aren't revealing it.
Old 08-17-22, 04:20 PM

Received 3,245 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
That does look good. Sort of an Umbrella Academy vibe to it. I will check it out.

Curious as to who Fester is because they aren't revealing it.
“We have no comment on Uncle Fester. Just watch the show.”

I’ll guess the obvious choice of DeVito. Or… they changed it up and that is who Ricci is playing.
The following users liked this post:
majorjoe23 (08-18-22)
Old 08-17-22, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts

Wins for the iconic
Spoiler:
two snaps
at the end of the trailer.
Old 10-08-22, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 924 Likes on 642 Posts

Fred Armisen as Uncle Fester! Nice!

devilshalo (10-09-22)
Old 10-09-22, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Looks about what I expected. It was nice seeing Ricci return. I know he was nothing more than a background character in the trailer but Guzman doesn’t seem like he fits very well in this. Everyone else looks really good but Guzman just sticks out like a sore thumb as Gomez.

The girl that plays Wednesday looks like a young Aubrey Plaza.
Old 10-09-22, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Looks about what I expected. It was nice seeing Ricci return. I know he was nothing more than a background character in the trailer but Guzman doesn’t seem like he fits very well in this. Everyone else looks really good but Guzman just sticks out like a sore thumb as Gomez.

The girl that plays Wednesday looks like a young Aubrey Plaza.
Yeah, but are you more used to an over-the-top Gomez, like say a John Astin or Raul Julia?

I became a Jenna Ortega fan after seeing X, which is highly recommended.
Old 11-21-22, 08:16 AM

Re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff, EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

Premieres on Wednesday. Tim Burton directs the first four episodes.

Reviews are a bit mixed, but lots of praise for Ortega.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/wednesday/s01/reviews
https://www.metacritic.com/tv/wednesday/season-1?ref=hp

WEDNESDAY -- starring Jenna Ortega in the title role, alongside Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzman, Gwendoline Christie, Christina Ricci and more -- is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams' years as a student at Nevermore Academy. Snap snap.
Old 11-24-22, 12:17 PM
Premium Member

Received 404 Likes on 287 Posts
Re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff - EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

Anyone watching this yet? I'm halfway through the second episode and really liking it. It drew me in more that I expected.
Old 11-24-22, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,327 Posts
Re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff, EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Premieres on Wednesday.
Just in time for Halloween!
Old 11-24-22, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 775 Likes on 597 Posts
Re: Wednesday (Netflix) - Addams Family Spinoff - EP: Burton, Gough & Millar - S: Jenna Ortega

On second episode. It's pretty hardcore in terms of violence. I didn't really care for the movies in the 90's. It's in 4K DV / Atmos on Netflix via Apple TV 4K.
Old 11-24-22, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I’m close to the end. It is enjoyable. They basically tweaked Sabrina a little bit and applied the Addams Family to it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it shared half the Sabrina crew (no idea though).
Old 11-24-22, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Wednesday’s nihilistic quips were a highlight.
Old 11-24-22, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,786 Likes on 2,550 Posts

Watched the first episode. Jen a Ortega is fabulous, just perfect. Loved the Danny Elfman theme as well. Pretty much enjoyed it a lot.
Old 11-24-22, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just finished the binge and it was great.
Old 11-25-22, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched the first episode and liked it. Jenna doesn't always carry the dialogue, sometimes it feels real forced and unnatural. But hell, she's Jenna friggin' Ortega, if some of her delivery seems clunky I just admire her beauty the rest of the scene.

I really liked Luis Guzman in the few scenes he had. Watch his facial expressions when he's sort of a background player. They're subtle and hilarious.
Old 11-25-22, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Been watching today, totally sucked in. What a well-written show! Already on episode 4.
Old 11-25-22, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,295 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
On second episode. It's pretty hardcore in terms of violence. I didn't really care for the movies in the 90's. It's in 4K DV / Atmos on Netflix via Apple TV 4K.
Hmm... what age rating is this? I watched Ortega's interview with Kimmel where he said yeah his kids loved the promo but probably couldn't watch it, and she said well it has something for everyone. If it's just stuff like the piranhas in the pool then I think my oldest would probably be fine.
Old 11-25-22, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Hmm... what age rating is this? I watched Ortega's interview with Kimmel where he said yeah his kids loved the promo but probably couldn't watch it, and she said well it has something for everyone. If it's just stuff like the piranhas in the pool then I think my oldest would probably be fine.
It's rated TV-14, but I think it's got a harder edge than your average YA material. People get sliced up and disembowled and whatnot.

There's also an oral sex innuendo joke in a latter episode.
Old 11-26-22, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scooby-Doo. No Dog and Velma's a sociopath
Old 11-27-22, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Her goth dance moves were awesome and are currently going viral. They did a remix with the band Ghost's "Dance Macabre" and Wednesday dancing to it.
Old 11-27-22, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,786 Likes on 2,550 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Her goth dance moves were awesome and are currently going viral. They did a remix with the band Ghost's "Dance Macabre" and Wednesday dancing to it.
Was about to post that I just finished Episode 4 and her dance moves were the most awesome thing I have seen on a screen this year. Completely epic, borderline iconic.
Why So Blu? (11-27-22)
Old 11-27-22, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 260 Likes on 187 Posts

I was not sure what to expect with this but it is utterly fantastic. I hadn't seen Ortega before but she not only nails it she seems to make it her own role. I'm up to episode 3 last night and didn't want to stop watching. Elfman's music is so well ingrained into the show and I love how the 'cover songs" are added in, reminds me of how Westwold added music that took a second to place.
Old 11-27-22, 09:20 AM

Yea, the dance was great. She apparently choreographed that all herself.

Why So Blu? (11-27-22)
Old 11-27-22, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonderful from beginning to end. The ending was feature film quality.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.