Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

WandaVision (S1E06) - "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" - 2/12/21

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-21, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: WandaVision (S1E06) - "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" - 2/12/21

I don't watch until Sunday night, and I haven't had anything spoiled for me except Evan Peters, but that wasn't because of twitter or anything, that was because I read casting rumors months ago (wish I hadn't) and was expecting it. This wasn't bottled up anywhere near as tight as the end of the Mandalorian was.

I don't really follow social media though. The only place I could really have it spoiled is here, and it's easy enough to avoid these threads until I watch it.
Old 02-17-21, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Vision has a desk job....
I have a feeling that at this point it's more accurate to say that Vision had a desk job.
Old 02-17-21, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I do think AT-J will make an appearance sometime during the final 3 episodes.
If that is who the "Luke" cameo turned out to be after all this, I'm not sure it would go over all that well.
As much as I'm one of the few who liked AT-J as the character, if they do bring him back for new footage I hope it's used as part of a fake out for a more prominent subsequent cameo.
Old 02-17-21, 04:29 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
If that is who the "Luke" cameo turned out to be after all this, I'm not sure it would go over all that well.
As much as I'm one of the few who liked AT-J as the character, if they do bring him back for new footage I hope it's used as part of a fake out for a more prominent subsequent cameo.
I would doubt that is who it was referring to.
Old 02-17-21, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

In my mind, there are only three possibilities that would possibly measure up to a Luke Skywalker moment (and I'm speculating here, so I don't think I need to use spoiler tags):

1. Another character/actor from the Sony/Fox movies. Fassbender as Magneto or Macavoy as Xavier would definitely qualify as a holy crap moment. All I hope is that if they pull that kind of stunt, it makes sense story-wise.
2. John Krasinski as Reed Richards. This would definitely make Marvel internet nerds' heads explode, but I do wonder if the general public is aware of the online enthusiasm for Krasinski in that role. If not, his appearance would basically just amount to, "Oh cool, Jim Halpert is in this show now!" and/or "Cool, they've just introduced the Fantastic 4 to the MCU." Both of those things are cool, but I'm not sure if they'd qualify as a Luke Skywalker moment outside of internet nerds' minds (like mine).
3. One of the A-listers from the established MCU universe, like Dr. Strange, Banner, or Stark. Having Downey Jr. show up alive in Wanda's alternate reality would definitely make sense and would knock people's socks off, even more so than Strange or Banner would.
4. Mark Hamill himself. Hey, Disney owns both properties, ammiright? Maybe Wanda watched the Mandalorian and took inspiration from it. ;-)

Edit: I just remembered that Bettany said he'd not worked with the actor before, so there goes a couple of my theories, like Stark. Oh well. I can't wait to find out who it is.
Old 02-17-21, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Olsen never specifically said that it would it be a "Luke Skywalker" level cameo, just that that there would be a cameo and that she was excited for viewers to see it. The reporter seems to imply that she was asked about a Luke Skywalker level cameo, but there is no actual quote of what was asked.

But as Olsen hints to TVLine, another MCU vet could be making a visit to Westview — one that fans have not already heard about, as was the case with Park and Dennings. Back in December, fellow Disney+ series The Mandalorian stunned viewers with Mark Hamill’s appearance as Luke Skywalker, which had shockingly remained a secret until the Season 2 finale aired.

When asked if WandaVision has anything similar in store — namely a casting that she can’t believe hasn’t leaked yet — Olsen gave us a quick, “Yes.” And though she dared not offer any specifics, she did share with a laugh that “I’m really excited” for viewers to see what (or who) is coming.

Last edited by windom; 02-17-21 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-17-21, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
In my mind, there are only three possibilities that would possibly measure up to a Luke Skywalker moment (and I'm speculating here, so I don't think I need to use spoiler tags):

1. Another character/actor from the Sony/Fox movies. Fassbender as Magneto or Macavoy as Xavier would definitely qualify as a holy crap moment. All I hope is that if they pull that kind of stunt, it makes sense story-wise.
2. John Krasinski as Reed Richards. This would definitely make Marvel internet nerds' heads explode, but I do wonder if the general public is aware of the online enthusiasm for Krasinski in that role. If not, his appearance would basically just amount to, "Oh cool, Jim Halpert is in this show now!" and/or "Cool, they've just introduced the Fantastic 4 to the MCU." Both of those things are cool, but I'm not sure if they'd qualify as a Luke Skywalker moment outside of internet nerds' minds (like mine).
3. One of the A-listers from the established MCU universe, like Dr. Strange, Banner, or Stark. Having Downey Jr. show up alive in Wanda's alternate reality would definitely make sense and would knock people's socks off, even more so than Strange or Banner would.
4. Mark Hamill himself. Hey, Disney owns both properties, ammiright? Maybe Wanda watched the Mandalorian and took inspiration from it. ;-)

Edit: I just remembered that Bettany said he'd not worked with the actor before, so there goes a couple of my theories, like Stark. Oh well. I can't wait to find out who it is.
Yea. I think people are overhyping themselves and shouldn’t expect something so grand. I mean, if your comparing it to Luke, you’re going to be disappointed. Not to say there can’t or won’t be something big, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

My guesses would be yours as well. I honestly would just assume Cumberbatch is making an appearance.
Old 02-17-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I realize I'm probably setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but for now, I'm enjoying the mystery.
Old 02-17-21, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm also thinking that "Pietro" is a plant to gain information from Wanda. With Vision having absolutely no memories of being an Avenger, it's looking likely he's just a concoction of Wanda of what he should be based on her fantasies.
I think he might have been sent in by Doctor Strange. No secret this show has ties with Doctor strange multiverse madness and maybe other Marvel movies.
This show has my head spinning. In a good way.

I said this before and post it again.
It is not all Wanda. If it is I'll be disappointed.
Agatha Harkness should show up , but who and when?

I'll post some more of my theories using spoilers tags latter. Some are way out there.
Remember this show takes place before Spider-man far from home
who are the villains and what other super heroes we might see and maybe some mutants.

Also why no children in the beginning? For the Children talent show.
I thought I had this one figured out, but it might be too dark for Disney show.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 02-17-21 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-17-21, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Has anything been said that would negate Evan Peters being who Olsen was talking about? I worry some of you might be expecting something else beyond what we’ve already gotten.
Old 02-17-21, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix

Has he ever worked with Hiddleston? Because they've never crossed paths in the MCU yet.
Old 02-17-21, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Gather the children, pour the hot chocolate, and cozy on up for a long overdue episode of ...

Abob Teff's Random Page 3 Thoughts!

Friends ... I cannot find an image online, but I do think there was a deep Easter Egg homage to Friends. In the background of one scene (I think it was Wanda and Pietro walking) there is a sign in the background for the local café: Central Café -- with a very Central Perk-like appearance.

The Office ... for those wanting an Office episode AND John Kraszynski as Reed Richards, wouldn't it be awesome if they did an Office episode with him and then revealed that! (Or have Reed go into The Hex and then end up in that episode.) No, never going to happen.

Mark Hammill cameo ... I don't think Cock-Knocker would fit into the MCU very well.

I haven't seen anybody mention it ... but was young Pietro's costume supposed to be Nick Fury? If so, what was young Wanda?

Yo Magic kills kids. Wanda, Yo Magic kills kids. Dark, man. Just dark.

Finally, one last time for good measure ... screw your 10 minutes of credits on a 30 minute episode Disney. You have destroyed the magic of the post-credit scene.
Old 02-17-21, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
The Office ... for those wanting an Office episode AND John Kraszynski as Reed Richards, wouldn't it be awesome if they did an Office episode with him and then revealed that! (Or have Reed go into The Hex and then end up in that episode.) No, never going to happen.
But how could he be playing Reed Richards when he’s already playing agent Woo?

The following 6 users liked this post by tanman:
Big Boy Laroux (02-18-21), devilshalo (02-18-21), Jay G. (02-17-21), mikehunt (07-19-21), Red Hood (02-20-21), VinVega (02-18-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-18-21, 10:40 AM

Old 02-18-21, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Pretty good first half of the episode right there.
Old 02-18-21, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I love the MCU, but there’s no way they could reveal anyone as epic as when Luke showed up in the Mandolorian. I hope it’s not an appearance of Tony Stark or Captain America. I hope it’s not a lame introduction of the Blue Marvel (this is what I’m leaning towards now).
I’m crossing my fingers for Reed Richards, but those hopes have dwindled.
My brother and were even joking how cool it would be if Mark Hamill showed up as Mephisto or Nightmare. He does like playing villains I guess.
Old 02-18-21, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

F4 was one of the only comics I read regularly (along with What If, I had subscriptions to both) so I would like to see some of those storylines in MCU.
Old 02-19-21, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I haven't seen anybody mention it ... but was young Pietro's costume supposed to be Nick Fury? If so, what was young Wanda?
Black Widow/Nat

Just going to sit back for the most part and enjoy the rest of the last 3 episodes.
I'm getting some what tired of reading some of the theories on the www.

I'm just going to use spoiler tags in case some do not know or read the
comics and know who the MCU movies plan to play new villains , heroes and
some of the plot of the coming soon movies.

Keep in mind most of these are guesses and some of them I'm not going to post yet . As they keep changing, and some are WTF events.
Spoiler:
No secret the MCU Future is heading toward the Secret Wars bringing in some X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Young Avengers and many others.

Aerospace Engineer
Spoiler:
Victor von Doom

Monica Rambeau
Spoiler:
As Photon

Here is a big one. Villains, other heroes and more.
Spoiler:
Grim reaper and his brother Wonder Man show up on the show.
I have a few others to add latter on.

Spoiler:
Agatha Harkness and at least one other witch shows up on wandavision

Want more? It is late and I'm tired. And I'm moving slow tonight, show time

Last edited by JoeySeven; 02-19-21 at 02:01 AM.