DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   WandaVision (S1E05) - “On a Very Special Episode...” - 2/5/21 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/652353-wandavision-s1e05-%93-very-special-episode-%94-2-5-21-a.html)

dex14 02-05-21 03:50 AM

WandaVision (S1E05) - “On a Very Special Episode...” - 2/5/21

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...3a45dd92d.jpeg

Wanda addresses Vision’s worries when he grows suspicious of the neighbors’ strange behavior.

DJariya 02-05-21 04:05 AM

Re: WandaVision (S1E05) - “On a Very Special Episode...” - 2/5/21

Wow!!! What an episode. They did a good balance between Wanda's reality and the real world. And if it wasn't clear, this episode showed that Wanda is 100% in complete control of everything. That confrontation between Wanda and Vision was pretty tense. This form of his if finally figuring out that something isn't right with this world. I was a little surprised when Wanda came out of her world to confront SWORD and basically say Fuck off.

and that ending. I'm not sure what to think of it. Is it Quicksilver from the FOX/X-Men world or is it someone else impersonating Pietro? I :lol: at Darcy saying She recast Pietro. If that is indeed Quicksilver, then it seems they are linking the MCU to the X-Men world. But, that was pretty cool to bring Peters into this.

Sitcom-wise, they seemed to tone down on it this week. But, it was an ode to 1980s family shows like Family Ties and Growing Pains.

Artman 02-05-21 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13886227)
And if it wasn't clear, this episode showed that Wanda is 100% in complete control of everything.

I was left thinking it's still up for debate, esp given the ending. Regarding that... it must be a misdirect of some kind. Wouldn't it have been much more impactful if it had been the MCU actor?

DJariya 02-05-21 04:19 AM

It's possible IMO that this "Pietro" depending on what they say next week, could be just an aberration of this world that Wanda created. It may not even be a true X-Men link but a wink wink thing I suppose as well.

I still think she's in control because she broke into that facility to steal the leftover parts of Vision and in some way is using it to re-animate him for this world she created. From her heated conversation with Vision, to me she sounded like this "world" is what she wants and is what is making her happy. And Vision has no idea what the hell is going on because he's slowly figuring out that there's something wrong with this version of him and he's not in control and the people around him aren't as well.

5 episodes in, now we're theorizing and speculating and getting into the good stuff.

Perkinsun Dzees 02-05-21 05:36 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...50b057c54b.gif

Just watched the episode.

Koby 02-05-21 06:07 AM

Pietro recasting was leaked last week so that reveal was spoiled for me thanks to the internet.

james2025a 02-05-21 07:22 AM

I am guessing that in a future episode we see Aaron Taylor Johnson make an appearance as Quicksilver, further adding to the blurring of realities and lead up to a big bang as it were.

Red Hood 02-05-21 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13886227)
Wow!!! What an episode. They did a good balance between Wanda's reality and the real world. And if it wasn't clear, this episode showed that Wanda is 100% in complete control of everything. That confrontation between Wanda and Vision was pretty tense. This form of his if finally figuring out that something isn't right with this world. I was a little surprised when Wanda came out of her world to confront SWORD and basically say Fuck off.

and that ending. I'm not sure what to think of it. Is it Quicksilver from the FOX/X-Men world or is it someone else impersonating Pietro? I :lol: at Darcy saying She recast Pietro. If that is indeed Quicksilver, then it seems they are linking the MCU to the X-Men world. But, that was pretty cool to bring Peters into this.

Sitcom-wise, they seemed to tone down on it this week. But, it was an ode to 1980s family shows like Family Ties and Growing Pains.

I'm still not 100% sure that Wanda is in complete control. For example, she mentioned that she doesn't remember how everything started and there are things that she hasn't been able to control, like Agnes and Pietro showing up. As for Peters being Pietro, it may be the whole thing that Wanda isn't in control, the real Pietro is dead and the Fox version of the character was/is alive in a parallel universe. Whoever may be pulling the strings, is manipulating things like that. Vision was brought back to life but it seems that SWORD was in the process of doing that, plus he's a robot, but Wanda hasn't been able to bring real people back from the dead. That's why she couldn't bring Sparky back, or the MCU Pietro or Black Widow or her parents.

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 13886239)
Pietro recasting was leaked last week so that reveal was spoiled for me thanks to the internet.

I've decided to stay off social media on the morning before I see the show. People are fucking spoiling everything as soon as they see the show.

MysterioMan007 02-05-21 07:55 AM

Wow, some serious Family Ties, Growing Pains, and Full House vibes with the opening credits...

I love how the kids age immediately. Such an 80's thing to do...

But this episode was pretty good. Evan Peters showing up as Pietro was awesome. I hope that's actually the X-Men universe Pietro, but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. Either way, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

majorjoe23 02-05-21 09:16 AM

My theory:

Spoiler:
Agatha is in control. I’m wondering if she’s sorceress Agatha Harkness. Wanda isn’t concerned about hiding her powers from her, and I think Vision’s co-worker saying “She’s in control” or whatever was a misdirect. Wanda isn’t in control, Agnes is. The co-worker didn’t say “Wanda is control” because he’s talking about another “she.”

MysterioMan007 02-05-21 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 13886293)
My theory:

Spoiler:
Agatha is in control. I’m wondering if she’s sorceress Agatha Harkness. Wanda isn’t concerned about hiding her powers from her, and I think Vision’s co-worker saying “She’s in control” or whatever was a misdirect. Wanda isn’t in control, Agnes is. The co-worker didn’t say “Wanda is control” because he’s talking about another “she.”

I think that actually makes a lot of sense.

VinVega 02-05-21 09:37 AM

I just came in here to say I'm watching this tonight and and I can't look at this thread yet (so I just opened it to post nothing meaningful at all). I will have my popcorn ready tonight.

Red Hood 02-05-21 09:53 AM

My theory:

Spoiler:

That was my theory from the get go.
Spoiler:
And she killed the dog on purpose to see if Wanda could bring other things back from the dead.

majorjoe23 02-05-21 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13886322)
Spoiler:
And she killed the dog on purpose to see if Wanda could bring other things back from the dead.

That would make sense.

spainlinx0 02-05-21 11:12 AM

Now this episode I really enjoyed. Vision pictures as a baby and kid were very funny. I really liked the instances of the walls breaking down as well, and that Wanda and Vision argument at the end was really well done.

As an aside, I know it was mentioned that Vision's final wishes were not to be brought back or fall into the wrong hands, but I can't imagine that means he wanted to be dissected by Sword. That was fucked up.

spainlinx0 02-05-21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13886322)
Spoiler:

Great theories. They make a lot of sense, especially after this episode.

james2025a 02-05-21 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 13886371)
Great theories. They make a lot of sense, especially after this episode.

These theories have been floating around for the last couple of weeks online. People were speculating that Peters might have come in as Mephisto, but that looks like its not the case... unless he is The Lord of Lies masquerading as Pietro. Seriously doubt that though.

I am just curious as to what the big plan for Agnes would be by the end of the show.

spainlinx0 02-05-21 11:52 AM

I'm not up on all the comic lore, so I'm good just waiting to see what happens. I don't search out stuff, and I try to avoid reading what has happened in the comics.

devilshalo 02-05-21 12:26 PM

Holy shit.

devilshalo 02-05-21 12:53 PM

Brutal...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">⚠️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WandaVison?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WandaVison</a> spoilers ⚠️<br>•<br>•<br>•<br>•<br>•<br>•<br>•<br>THIS WAS SICK PLEASEEEEEEEE <a href="https://t.co/vOem8pNdZg">pic.twitter.com/vOem8pNdZg</a></p>&mdash; astrid🍂 (@isthistonystank) <a href="https://twitter.com/isthistonystank/status/1357679374355562496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote>

Why So Blu? 02-05-21 12:56 PM

My theory:

Spoiler:

It's this.

DJariya 02-05-21 01:35 PM

Now that you guys mention it, I suppose that Agnes could be somehow involved in pulling the strings. However, I was not really sold on it by how she was reacting in a previous episode on being scared by what's going on.

and in this episode she did seem to be coordinating how the sitcom was going including the aging of the kids.

What led me to thinking this is what Wanda wants and she is behind it was when she voluntarily went outside the bubble and then confronted Rambeau, the FBI and the SWORD and basically saying leave me the hell alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, did the last episode mention that the FBI and SWORD could not ID who she really was? I kind of overlooked that detail.

dex14 02-05-21 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13886443)
It's this.

Yup.

dex14 02-05-21 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13886461)

Correct me if I'm wrong, did the last episode mention that the FBI and SWORD could not ID who she really was? I kind of overlooked that detail.

The board didn’t have drivers licenses for Agnes or Dottie like all the others.

Deftones 02-05-21 02:20 PM

Now that is some good shit. This definitely started slow in first few episodes but it is really picking up. I totally got a Growing Pains vibe from the credits. :lol:

I am wondering if the theories are right in that Wanda will be the bad in Dr Strange 2. Basically all hell breaks loose (maybe at the end of this) and then the fight is on to get her under control.