DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   WandaVision (S1E04) - "We Interrupt This Program" - 1/29/21 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/652304-wandavision-s1e04-we-interrupt-program-1-29-21-a.html)

dex14 01-29-21 06:32 AM

WandaVision (S1E04) - "We Interrupt This Program" - 1/29/21

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...e82ef2cd68.jpg

Monica Rambeau, tasked with a special assignment regarding sentient weapons, goes missing.

dex14 01-29-21 06:39 AM

Re: WandaVision (S1E04) - "We Interrupt This Program" - 1/29/21

"It's all Wanda."

Good episode. Cool to see more perspective on people returning from "the blip."

I liked how they basically used the agents / doctors as versions of us, the audience. Woo taking notes, asking the questions we have all been asking. Hopefully, this appeases people who haven't been into it so far. We weren't supposed to have any clue what was going on for the first three episodes.

I guess Captain Marvel 2 will go more into SWORD, maybe have a flashback showing the creation... just a scene with Maria Rambeau getting things started... a prologue like in Ant-Man.

TheBigDave 01-29-21 07:03 AM

The show finally got interesting.

spainlinx0 01-29-21 07:59 AM

It was definitely better than the last 3, and I liked the shot of dead Vision. I'm not sure how I feel about Kat Dennings' character. It's still nothing great, but at least I was interested instead of mostly bored.

dex14 01-29-21 08:12 AM

Marvel just put out a new trailer too based on the reveals from this episode. I wonder if there has been an issue with people sticking with the show and they are trying to get them back? Seems odd to put this out so early on the day the episode was released. With The Mandalorian, Disney waited until through the weekend to reveal new marketing material.

MysterioMan007 01-29-21 09:07 AM

This was, by far, the best episode yet. It's giving me sort of a Lost/Twin Peaks vibe now. It took me a second to realize we were starting from people returning from the blip. The lady who plays Monica Rambeau is a good casting choice. Woo/Darcy were a pretty interesting pair. I still think the storytelling took a little long to get here, but it looks like next week, we start moving forward. Did anyone catch any of the characters' real names? I'm not a comics guy, but do any of these people in Westview end up being anyone significant?

Red Hood 01-29-21 09:40 AM

Great episode. Loved the origin of Monica Rambeau and that the incorporated Jimmy Woo and Darcy in this. Also, they handled the "blip" much better than in Spider-Man: Far From Home, but now it doesn't make sense they call it a blip. The reason the occurrence being called a "blip" was because people re-appeared out of nowhere like "blip" they are back. In Wandavision, people are slowly being reinstated into their bodies, which made more sense given how they disappeared after the Thanos snap.

The Antipodean 01-29-21 11:50 AM

Episode 4: OK, *now* we’re going somewhere! https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smil...487-smiley.gif Lots of good stuff here and great guest stars.

(Still think the first 3 episodes could’ve been trimmed to 2, though.)

mphtrilogy 01-29-21 12:45 PM

Been a very slow start for me, but stuck with it, best ep yet... Nice jimi tune to end the ep...

DJariya 01-29-21 01:40 PM

Solid episode. Probably the best one so far. It really tied up all the loose ends from the first 3. I liked seeing the backstory of Monica Rambeau and some of the events that happened after the snap. It was cool seeing Woo and Darcy again.

The overall look of this felt like an act of an MCU movie. Hopefully now the people who say this show isn't working for them are finally getting the direction this was headed.

Mondo Kane 01-29-21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy (Post 13882991)
Nice jimi tune to end the ep...

Which may be a possible upcoming nod to Brother Voodoo, who's said to appear in Multiverse of Madness along with Wanda & Doctor Strange?!

Edit: Re-watched the episode again. Can't believe how much I missed Darcy! :heart:

And I did let out a big gasp thinking that Rowena King (Who I've always loved) was playing that new S.W.O.R.D agent, but ah well!
https://fappeningbook.com/avatars/r/...ing/avatar.jpg

Deftones 01-29-21 03:47 PM

Cool episode. Glad to see they are finally showing what is going on. The return of all those people was cool..

Giantrobo 01-29-21 04:29 PM

I'm letting these stack up for a binge but I'm hearing good things. :lol:

TGM 01-29-21 04:30 PM

finally.

OldBoy 01-29-21 05:09 PM

Wow. Holy shit, wow! Have we ever heard of S.W.O.R.D before?
And if Darcy kept watching that watch commercial she might have spotted the Hydra symbol.

Nesbit 01-29-21 05:24 PM

First mention of S.W.O.R.D in the MCU that I'm aware of.

dex14 01-29-21 05:45 PM

Nothing explicit.

This was an alternating ending for Thor where it’s referenced.

There’s a picture of the prop for Captain Marvel’s pager online that shows the SWORD logo on the back.

People think that Fury may have been in a SWORD station at the end of Far From Home.

B.A. 01-29-21 06:21 PM

The kids and I are still enjoying the hell out of it.

today’s ep was outstanding.

glad they didn’t make us wait any longer to fill in some blanks.

sherm42 01-29-21 06:33 PM

It’s about time something happens. The series should not have needed an hour and 15 minutes of scree time to get to this point.

The show is really banking on loyalty earned from all the good movies which came before.

TGM 01-29-21 07:34 PM

I will admit tho, I am looking forward to what I am to assume will be 90's and 00's era sitcom themed episodes.

Draven 01-29-21 08:03 PM

LOVED the slow burn to this. They had to lay the groundwork. Answers come too quickly these days. My family and I have had a blast tearing the show apart looking for clues and seeing how many things we caught has been great fun.

Can’t wait to see what’s next!

MysterioMan007 01-29-21 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13883248)
I will admit tho, I am looking forward to what I am to assume will be 90's and 00's era sitcom themed episodes.

If there's no Full House reference given Elizabeth Olsen is playing Wanda, I'll riot. By myself.

Big Boy Laroux 01-30-21 06:23 AM

Not gonna lie, I really missed the sitcom aspect, lol.

I understand why this episode had to happen (for explanation, in a series that has a limited number of episodes), and some of it was done very well (like showing people re-appearing from "the blip" - as someone said above, it did a much better job of showing the chaos than "Far From Home" did, and the quick shot of Vision was very interesting). But it did feel a bit like explaining too much too fast.

rocket1312 01-30-21 07:33 AM

I miss the sitcom. Stork jokes>Kat Dennings. This episode may have confirmed stuff, but none of it was really a surprise. Most everything revealed had already been widely speculated. Not that it should have been left a mystery forever, but it just felt like a rather inelegant info dump.

And i feel like actually dealing with the ramifications of the "un blip" is a slippery slope. That would have been a catastrophic event and it raises far more questions than they could ever possibly address. We'll see how far down that rabbit hole they actually go. Probably not much farther.

VinVega 01-30-21 08:20 AM

Great episode. Liked the backstory on Rambeau and SWORD, and the cameos from the former MCU movies. I wonder who the bee keeper is. I agree that they could have made the 3 episodes into 2 and gotten the point across, but this show appears to be hitting its stride after a slow burn for the first 3 episodes. Can't wait for the next one.