Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bridge and Tunnel (EPIX) Created, written, produced & directed by Edward Burns Premieres 1/24/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bridge and Tunnel (EPIX) Created, written, produced & directed by Edward Burns Premieres 1/24/21

Old 01-25-21, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 791 Likes on 589 Posts

Written, directed and produced by Edward Burns (Saving Private Ryan, Public Morals), this dramedy series set in 1980 revolves around a group of recent college grads setting out to pursue their dreams in Manhattan while still clinging to the familiarity of their working-class Long Island home town.

Erica Hernandez (Hollywood Fringe, Brittany Runs a Marathon) joins the cast in a recurring role as "Genie," the fun-loving and sassy sister of "Jimmy" (Sam Vartholomeos). She and her best friend Lizzie (Barrett Wilbert Reed) dream of rock stardom for their all-girl punk band, Wildfire. (Hernandez is repped by Gersh and Mosaic.) Headshot can be found HERE.

In addition to Hernandez, the series features a stellar ensemble cast including Sam Vartholomeos (Star Trek: Discovery), Caitlin Stasey (Reign, Please Like Me), Gigi Zumbado (9-1-1, Criminal Minds, Scream), JanLuis Castellanos (13 Reasons Why, Marvel's Runways), Brian Muller (The Deuce, Madame Secretary, The Good Wife) Isabella Farrell (The Good Fight) and Barrett Wilbert Weed (Mean Girls on Broadway).

In addition to Burns, the series is also executive produced by Aaron Lubin (Something Borrowed, Public Morals) and Lori Keith Douglas (The Village, Friends from College).

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Barrett Wilbert Weed as Lizzie
Brian Muller as Pags
Caitlin Stasey as Jill
Edward Burns as Artie
Erica Hernandez as Genie
Gigi Zumbado as Tammy
Isabella Farrell as Stacey
JanLuis Castellanos as Mikey
Sam Vartholomeos as Jimmy

CREW INFORMATION:
Aaron Lubin as EP
Edward Burns as CRTR/DIR/EP
Lori Keith Douglas as EP

This premiered Sunday night on EPIX. It’s a 6 episode season. It was supposed to be 8, but got condensed because of Covid protocols.

It looks pretty good. I noticed it on the EPIX app tonight. The episodes are only 30 minutes.

Burns has a supporting role in it. Don’t know how many of you here have Epix. I assume not many.

I like things set in the 1980s, so I’ll give this a watch.
Old 01-25-21, 06:00 AM

Received 1,007 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Bridge and Tunnel (EPIX) Created, written, produced & directed by Edward Burns Premieres 1/24/21

I love Burns. I may need to a sign up to watch this. He also has two movies that have been in the can for a long time that don’t have distribution. I’m surprised he didn’t sell to some streamer during the last year.

Is the whole thing available now?

Last edited by dex14; 01-25-21 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-25-21, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 791 Likes on 589 Posts
Re: Bridge and Tunnel (EPIX) Created, written, produced & directed by Edward Burns Premieres 1/24/21

No only the first episode. It’s airing weekly.
Old 01-26-21, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The first ep was pretty good. Good music soundtrack, fun setting and 30 minutes make it very watchable. I'm in for the season.