Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Coyote (CBS Al-Access) -- S: Michael Chiklis -- From EP Michelle McLaren -- Premieres 1/7/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Coyote (CBS Al-Access) -- S: Michael Chiklis -- From EP Michelle McLaren -- Premieres 1/7/21

Old 01-05-21, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Coyote (CBS All-Access) -- S: Michael Chiklis -- From EP Michelle McLaren -- Premieres 1/7/21

COYOTE, starring Emmy(R) Award-winner Michael Chiklis, Juan Pablo Raba and Adriana Paz, will be available to stream exclusively on the service beginning Thursday, Jan. 7. COYOTE is the story of Ben Clemens (Chiklis), who after 32 years as a border patrol agent is forced to work for the very people he spent his career trying to keep out of America. Now exposed to life on the other side of the wall, Ben will start to question his black and white views of the world, challenging his ideology and his loyalties. In addition to Michael Chiklis and Juan Pablo Raba, who plays Juan Diego "El Catrin" Zamora, the head of a small family cartel in Mexico, the series also stars Adriana Paz, Kristyan Ferrer, Octavio Pisano, Cynthia Kaye McWilliams, Julio Cedillo and introducing Emy Mena.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Adriana Paz as Silvia
Amy Forsyth as Kate Clemens
Bobby Daniel Rodriguez as Lugo Peralta
Cynthia Kaye McWilliams as Holly Vincent
Daniel Mora as Mazo Zamora
Drew Powell as Joe Don Walker
Emy Mena as Maria Elena Flores
George Pullar as Garrett Cox
Jose Pablo Cantillo as Javi Lopez
Juan Pablo Raba as Juan Diego "El Catrin" Zamora
Julio Cedillo as Neto
Kelli Williams as Jill Kerr
Kristyan Ferrer as Chayo
Mark Feuerstein as Frank Kerr
Michael Chiklis as Ben Clemens
Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Paloma Zamora
Octavio Pisano as Sultan
Romina D'Ugo as Esme Gallo
Ross Phillips as Jack Conway

CREW INFORMATION:
David Graziano as CRTR/EP
Josh Gilbert as CRTR/EP
Keith Goldberg as EP
Michael Carnes as CRTR/EP
Michael Chiklis as EP
Michelle MacLaren as EP/DIR (Pilot)
Mike Richardson as EP
Rebecca Hobbs as EP

This is a 6 episode season. Premieres Thursday on CBS All-Access. This was originally supposed to air on the Paramount Network.

Michelle McLaren directed the Pilot and 2nd episode. Most of you probably know her name because she directed many episodes of Breaking Bad and also did Game of Thrones.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-05-21 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-05-21, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 801 Likes on 564 Posts
Re: Coyote (CBS Al-Access) -- S: Michael Chiklis -- From EP Michelle McLaren -- Premieres 1/7/21

Looking forward to this
Old 01-05-21, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 348 Likes on 294 Posts
Re: Coyote (CBS Al-Access) -- S: Michael Chiklis -- From EP Michelle McLaren -- Premieres 1/7/21

It has been a long time Chicklis has appeared on the big and small screen and thought maybe he retired.
Old 01-07-21, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Bump

This is up on CBS All-Access as of today. All 6 episodes are available. Now you have this and The Stand as well for original shows.

Some of you are probably only interested in Star Trek, so if this doesn't interest you, that's fine.

I'll probably start checking this out today.
Old 01-07-21, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Funny how they are just dumping all of them in there. I know they acquired the show but still.
Old 01-07-21, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,300 Likes on 2,198 Posts

McLaren directed some of my favorite BB episodes (and the second episode of BCS, wish she would do more). Was really disappointed when she dropped Wonder Woman, though Patty Jenkins did a great job (in the first one anyway). I might just check out this pilot because she did it.
Old 01-07-21, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 716 Likes on 553 Posts

Just started this. Will probably knock it out tonight.
Old 01-07-21, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh shit, I just saw one of the craziest kills in a long time. If you see the first episode you'll know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 01-07-21 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-08-21, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Holy shit that was something crazy new!
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (01-09-21)
Old 01-10-21, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Just watched the 2nd episode. This is pretty damn good. I know the reviews have been average but I am enjoying it. Liked how he had some tricks to defeat those trackers.
Old 01-17-21, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Finished this. I enjoyed it for what it is. Sort of annoying they literally resolved no plot points without knowing it will be renewed.
Old 01-17-21, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Finished this. I enjoyed it for what it is. Sort of annoying they literally resolved no plot points without knowing it will be renewed.
That's what I thought, but read that the pandemic shut down the rest of the filming. It was supposed to be 10 episodes. The possibility of second season was not in the air yet. Hell, I'm hoping they resume and finish this first season up, cliffhanger or not.
Old 01-17-21, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Ahhhh ok that makes way more sense that the season got cut short. I was like wtf it just ends with literally zero resolution. The fact this was sold(?) to CBS All Access leads me to believe this is going to be a one and done. Especially since there was literally no promotion for it.
Old 01-18-21, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Ahhhh ok that makes way more sense that the season got cut short. I was like wtf it just ends with literally zero resolution. The fact this was sold(?) to CBS All Access leads me to believe this is going to be a one and done. Especially since there was literally no promotion for it.
I don't disagree, which makes the hard for me to bother with. However, this was planned for The Paramount Network (and they did some promos during "Yellowstone") and at some point All Access will become Paramount +.

Last edited by DWilson; 01-18-21 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-18-21, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

I meant CBS did no promotion. Just dumped them all on there. To me, that is a bad sign. Also Paramount is shifting their focus so that is why it was dumped.
Old 01-18-21, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 258 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
That's what I thought, but read that the pandemic shut down the rest of the filming. It was supposed to be 10 episodes. The possibility of second season was not in the air yet. Hell, I'm hoping they resume and finish this first season up, cliffhanger or not.
That just killed any plans I had of watching.
Old 02-15-21, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched the 2nd episode. This is pretty damn good. I know the reviews have been average but I am enjoying it. Liked how he had some tricks to defeat those trackers.
I've got the last 2 episodes to go but how he handled the trackers was pretty stupid in my opinion.
Spoiler:
He was armed with 2 pistols. As they were coming up the hill single file he could have ambushed them. Not doing that after they passed why didn't they disable the 3rd bike and ride off on the 2 leaving the trackers on foot?

Old 02-16-21, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 207 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
I've got the last 2 episodes to go but how he handled the trackers was pretty stupid in my opinion.
Spoiler:
He was armed with 2 pistols. As they were coming up the hill single file he could have ambushed them. Not doing that after they passed why didn't they disable the 3rd bike and ride off on the 2 leaving the trackers on foot?

I thought exactly the same, on the latter he perhaps didn't want so make to much noice, but if so, they should have made it clear.