DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Mandalorian: Chapter 15: The Believer (S2E7) - 12/11/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651962-mandalorian-chapter-15-believer-s2e7-12-11-20-a.html)

Mike86 12-10-20 11:33 PM

The Mandalorian: Chapter 15: The Believer (S2E7) - 12/11/20

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...02e888bc82.png
Episode 7 Synopsis: To move against the Empire, the Mandalorian needs the help of an old enemy.

dex14 12-11-20 07:12 AM

Re: The Mandalorian: Chapter 15: The Believer (S2E7) - 12/11/20

Another solid episode written and directed by Famuyiwa. That pirates sequence felt like something he’d do with action figures. That shot of them all jumping on to the transport was cool.

Loved Bill Burr in this. I hope he continues to make appearances from time to time, but that seems kind of unlikely.

Deftones 12-11-20 07:18 AM

Posted in the other thread but was announced yesterday S3 would drop around Christmas.

dex14 12-11-20 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13856217)
Posted in the other thread but was announced yesterday S3 would drop around Christmas.

Christmas 2021. (You know someone would’ve been like really?!?! So soon?!!!)

Deftones 12-11-20 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13856221)
Christmas 2021. (You know someone would’ve been like really?!?! So soon?!!!)

​​​​​​I expect people to have some common sense. :lol:

Schloob1 12-11-20 08:29 AM

Another great episode, loved it. IMO it brought back for me least the greatest sound effect in the Star Wars universe as well. When I saw the charge release from Fetts ship my eyes LIT UP, I was like no way and then that sonic bliss emanated from my sound system I was all HELL YEAH. Can’t wait to watch again with my son and I can crank it up to 11 to really hear it. Have to listen to quietly when he’s in bed at night.

dex14 12-11-20 08:33 AM

Oh yea. I loved seeing that bomb from AOTC return. That was awesome.

Deftones 12-11-20 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13856214)

Loved Bill Burr in this. I hope he continues to make appearances from time to time, but that seems kind of unlikely.

Why unlikely? I have a feeling he is going to be on the new Rangers show. They really seemed to be setting that up with some of the dialogue with Cara Dune and the way she was acting. Like she wanted to recruit him. Just a feeling I got, though.

Great episode. Was that the last time we see Pascal's face? :lol:

dex14 12-11-20 09:05 AM

Yea, maybe on another show.

They way they left him though seemed like it would be forced to reintroduce him again (atleast in this show). I’d be all for him being a regular on Rangers.

Bandoman 12-11-20 10:08 AM

Great episode. This show is consistently excellent. Bill Burr is hilarious, and his dramatic scenes are believable as well.

Artman 12-11-20 10:43 AM

Yeah, pretty solid episode. That Imperial actor has been in a lot, I recognized him as Joe Chill from Batman Begins.

Gotta be a longer runtime next week right? We've been saying that all season though...

james2025a 12-11-20 01:20 PM

Good episode and nice to see Boba Fetts armor with a new paint job. Everytime i see Slave 1 in action it brings a smile to my face. Always loved that ship. And nice to see the bomb from AOTC, shame it wasnt used as well as in that movie.

Schloob1 12-11-20 05:27 PM

Watched again, looks like they gave a nod to ANH. When Mando and Burr are leaving the mess hall, they exit out onto the ledge. The first trooper coming out after them knocks his head while exiting and it makes a “doink” sound. Thinking that was a homage to the blooper of the stormtrooper who bangs his head on the blast door that was opening.

Michael T Hudson 12-11-20 06:32 PM

TPS reports. Show is awesome.

dex14 12-11-20 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Michael T Hudson (Post 13856594)
TPS reports. Show is awesome.

That was great. I was like did he just say... hahaha

Dr. DVD 12-11-20 08:32 PM

Loved this episode. Some may say it was filler, but it did a lot for both character and world building. I don't know if Lucasfilm has any further plans for Boba Fett after this season, but I hope they don't have him die in the finale. Don't know why that popped into my head as a possibility, but it seems like something they would do to get people to talk and more or less have him pass the torch to Mando as the new cool SW character.

tanman 12-11-20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD (Post 13856649)
Loved this episode. Some may say it was filler, but it did a lot for both character and world building. I don't know if Lucasfilm has any further plans for Boba Fett after this season, but I hope they don't have him die in the finale. Don't know why that popped into my head as a possibility, but it seems like something they would do to get people to talk and more or less have him pass the torch to Mando as the new cool SW character.

I can actually see that argument for this episode. Not that it was a bad episode but just that we've had some pretty incredible episodes this season and since this is the last episode before the season finale it did feel like not much happened this episode. Still highly enjoyable and I like how they showed how desperate Mando is to remove his helmet in front of othersand I LOVED showing some daily stormtrooper/imperial life. That exchange with Burr and the officer was so well done and a really great insight into life after the collapse of the empire. That's why this show is so awesome and exactly the level of "fan service" that I love. Yeah it was awesome seeing Boba Fett in refurbished armor and see those awesome implosion bombs from the Slave I. All awesome jaw dropping moments. But those subtle scenes that really flesh out the world of Star Wars is what really elevates this show and what I love about this series. Anyone can be like, "put Boba Fett in the series" but to actually take the time to write a scene about how an ex imperial trooper might feel confronting an imperial officer who we have seen so many times callously disregard the lives of the troopers under his command was just awesome. I wish we had more of that with Finn in the ST. JJ did a good job of introducing that concept in TFA but then it was quickly forgotten about by RJ in TLJ.

Also how awesome was that to see the inside of Slave I pivot around when changing orientation!

devilshalo 12-11-20 11:58 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...4d6e0cc05b.jpg

Joe Schmoe 12-12-20 08:19 AM

Guess I'm in the minority here... This was easily my least favorite episode of the series. It felt like the writers were stalling before the finale. The pirate scene just went on and on. C'mon--we knew Mando & Co. would prevail. I'm not impressed with Mayfeld. And dank farrik--no Grogu at all?

Why So Blu? 12-12-20 10:42 AM

The Empire/Rebel dynamic was cool in that we actually got to see Empire troops celebrate for once. It humanized them when Burr and "Brown Eyes" entered the base. Everyone was happy and cheering and "Joe Chill" wants to have a drink and toast to battles of the past. :thumbsup:

johnnysd 12-12-20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe (Post 13856772)
Guess I'm in the minority here... This was easily my least favorite episode of the series. It felt like the writers were stalling before the finale. The pirate scene just went on and on. C'mon--we knew Mando & Co. would prevail. I'm not impressed with Mayfeld. And dank farrik--no Grogu at all?

I both agree and disagree. It really was a filler episode and a stall, but it was really done. The Empire and especially the Stormtroopers are always shown to be just mindless drones, but this was really a surprisingly nuanced show and humanized the Empire a bit. We tend to think of them as just pure evil but obviously they are not all like that.

I enjoyed it.

I do agree that either we get a super long episode or a SERIOUS cliffhanger next week.

Cellar Door 12-12-20 01:11 PM

I liked how when Din was fighting the pirates he raised his arm to block a strike from a staff, as though he was still wearing his beskar, and the crappy Imperial armor just shattered.

Michael T Hudson 12-12-20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by tanman (Post 13856707)
I can actually see that argument for this episode. Not that it was a bad episode but just that we've had some pretty incredible episodes this season and since this is the last episode before the season finale it did feel like not much happened this episode. Still highly enjoyable and I like how they showed how desperate Mando is to remove his helmet in front of othersand I LOVED showing some daily stormtrooper/imperial life. That exchange with Burr and the officer was so well done and a really great insight into life after the collapse of the empire. That's why this show is so awesome and exactly the level of "fan service" that I love. Yeah it was awesome seeing Boba Fett in refurbished armor and see those awesome implosion bombs from the Slave I. All awesome jaw dropping moments. But those subtle scenes that really flesh out the world of Star Wars is what really elevates this show and what I love about this series. Anyone can be like, "put Boba Fett in the series" but to actually take the time to write a scene about how an ex imperial trooper might feel confronting an imperial officer who we have seen so many times callously disregard the lives of the troopers under his command was just awesome. I wish we had more of that with Finn in the ST. JJ did a good job of introducing that concept in TFA but then it was quickly forgotten about by RJ in TLJ.

Also how awesome was that to see the inside of Slave I pivot around when changing orientation!

my wife was like why are so excited when the pivot happened. Super cool.

majorjoe23 12-12-20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 13856906)
I both agree and disagree. It really was a filler episode and a stall, but it was really done. The Empire and especially the Stormtroopers are always shown to be just mindless drones, but this was really a surprisingly nuanced show and humanized the Empire a bit. We tend to think of them as just pure evil but obviously they are not all like that.

I enjoyed it.

I do agree that either we get a super long episode or a SERIOUS cliffhanger next week.

I agree. It was interesting seeing Tie Fighters show up for the rescue, like we’ve seen X-Wings do so many times.

Crocker Jarmen 12-12-20 02:05 PM

Loved this episode, great balance of exciting action, and quiet, people talking to one another scenes.

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13856261)
Great episode. Was that the last time we see Pascal's face? :lol:

I thought it was bizarre he grew a mustache. What for since no one is supposed to see it? Is there Movember in the Star Wars universe?