The Challenge: Double Agents (MTV) - premieres 12/9/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Double Agents (MTV) - premieres 12/9/20

Old 02-18-21, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Double Agents (MTV) - premieres 12/9/20

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
So stupid for Gabby not to go down there.
That was all Devin for sure. I donít understand why they chose the team they did, unless despite her melodramatic whining it was a gift to Amber B by handing her the layup.
Old 02-18-21, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

Since as a team they haven't done anything yet this year, I wonder if Darrell isn't really the same competitive Darrell anymore. He is 41 now.

I'll say this for Devin he is trying to give us entertainment value (a little too desperately). It's really hard to root for him though.
Old 02-18-21, 08:56 AM

Received 2,612 Likes on 1,792 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
That was all Devin for sure. I don’t understand why they chose the team they did, unless despite her melodramatic whining it was a gift to Amber B by handing her the layup.
On the after show, Devin said when Gabby saw Hall Brawl she said she wasn’t going down there. When he asked why she pointed to her face.
Old 02-18-21, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Since as a team they haven't done anything yet this year, I wonder if Darrell isn't really the same competitive Darrell anymore. He is 41 now.

I'll say this for Devin he is trying to give us entertainment value (a little too desperately). It's really hard to root for him though.
Itís odd how little Darrell has been on camera. This is my own whacky conspiracy, but itís almost like something happened between him and Amber B and producers are doing him a favor with the edit. She seems to be so devoted to him.
Old 02-18-21, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Itís odd how little Darrell has been on camera. This is my own whacky conspiracy, but itís almost like something happened between him and Amber B and producers are doing him a favor with the edit. She seems to be so devoted to him.
Maybe. For a first time challenger, she's not really all that young either. I don't know. He still looks like Darrell, but I just don't see this guy dominating every elimination and beating the shit out of Brad.
Old 02-18-21, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Maybe. For a first time challenger, she's not really all that young either. I don't know. He still looks like Darrell, but I just don't see this guy dominating every elimination and beating the shit out of Brad.
Bradís face after that beating.
Old 02-18-21, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On the after show, Devin said when Gabby saw Hall Brawl she said she wasn’t going down there. When he asked why she pointed to her face.
Looking forward to seeing no-skull Gabby getting the "Who knows, maybe we'll see you again some time" kiss of death send off from TJ. It also makes the battering he gave her this episode a lot tastier in hindsight.
Old 02-24-21, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess 90 minutes just isn't enough time to squeeze in that elimination.

Lolo Jones is 38 years old. It's probably time for her to grow up.
Old 02-25-21, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Everytime LoLol said "skol", I cringed. She's an embarrassment and I hope she doesn't come back ever.
I did think it was funny how Big T was smiling as she hung on to the rope, and how CT described that moment.
Old 02-25-21, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I will forever be irritated by MTV doing a 90 minute episode without an elimination, but I was tickled by CT saying give me the "Goof", and them flashing to Josh with "The Goof" as an on screen label for him.
Old 02-25-21, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't stand Lolo Jones after seeing her in this. Being extremely arrogant while also being the biggest baby when things don't go your way might be the most annoying combination of traits that a person can have. She doesn't need to come back.

Also the Goof
Old 02-25-21, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M. View Post
I can't stand Lolo Jones after seeing her in this. Being extremely arrogant while also being the biggest baby when things don't go your way might be the most annoying combination of traits that a person can have. She doesn't need to come back.

Also the Goof
I got soured on Lolo after her brief stint on "Dancing With The Stars" where she exhibited a similar behavior.
Old 02-25-21, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 153 Likes on 114 Posts

When she was on Celebrity Big Brother, Lolo was pretty awful when things didn't go her way. She was horrible to Tom Green so often that they wouldn't even show what was happening on the live feeds.
Old 02-26-21, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting article:
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...d-her-to-quit/

She states that CT & Big T winning was fixed. My daughter had read that they were all supposed to drop before the 2nd set of buoys. If they got closer to the platform, they would be DQd. Makes sense because otherwise why were people so late from falling.
Old 02-26-21, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835 View Post
Interesting article:
https://www.usmag noazine.com/entertainment/news/the-challenges-lolo-jones-claims-show-forced-her-to-quit/

She states that CT & Big T winning was fixed. My daughter had read that they were all supposed to drop before the 2nd set of buoys. If they got closer to the platform, they would be DQd. Makes sense because otherwise why were people so late from falling.
I just read that article as well. She also says she was forced to leave but doesnt give any details as to that or the rigged challenge. I did think it was very abrupt how she suddenly decides shes going home bc no one is giving her a chance to "compete". Dont know what shes complaining about, she was still in the game & made it that far.
Old 02-26-21, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
Everytime LoLol said "skol", I cringed. She's an embarrassment an hourd I hope she doesn't come back ever.
I did think it was funny how Big T was smiling as she hung on to the rope, and how CT described that moment.
Its even more annoying every time Josh says "skoww"
Old 02-26-21, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Devin said anyone who claims their win was not legit is lying and is just sour grapes.

Lolo after losing again basically made a comment relating to self harm since she cant handle losing (and if you have seen her on any other shows you can see this attitude) and Kaycee and Josh brought the comment to production. Production and their insurance rep reviewed the comment and footage and met with her to tell her she had to leave. They told her to film that scene where she quit so she could save face and not have her mental health issues come up on screen.

Darrell also liked Devin's comment about the win being legit so not everyone agrees the win was rigged or whatever Lolo claimed.

I also think there is no way they would have had TJ hype up their win saying they DEMOLISHED everyone's time if there was any rigging. They would just make up some times like they have in the past to make it interesting.
Old 02-26-21, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 243 Likes on 190 Posts

I think CT and Big T skirted around the rules like Bananas did on the challenge with the lights a season or two ago. Sounds like sour grapes from Lolo.
Old 02-27-21, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

It sure looked to me like CT and Big T dropped late and had less distance to swim. Like I was waiting for them to get DQ-ed. I don't doubt for a second the show is "flexible" with the rules depending on who is involved.
Old 03-03-21, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kam doesn't want to be with anyone who's not humble, which is why she can never be in a room by herself.

Shocking that the Goof got eliminated. No one could see that coming. I wasn't expecting a Goof funeral in the house afterwards though.

I think it's fair to say that CT could have handled that better. And really it feels like creating a bunch of drama for no reason. Cory hasn't gone down yet, and if he wins and gets to pick there is no way he's running a final with Gabby. Even if Aneesa somehow survives not getting eliminated (elimination is the much more likely option), there is no way Fessy is running that final with her (if it comes to that I bet he volunteers at the end just to change partners).

Basically there is really is no way the partners aren't going to be shaken up between now and the final. I would rate the chances of Tula being in the final as slim...and only slim because somebody has to make the final on the girls side, and the only reasonable bets at this point seem like Kam and Kaycee. I mean Nany sucks; Aneesa sucks; Amber is mostly an unknown, and Gabby and Tula. I get why he did it (not how), but CT probably just should have let things play out. Big T would have to win an elimination (or two) before he would have to worry about it.

I think we all saw the Nam thing coming in some form or another.
Old 03-04-21, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Say it ainít so! The Challengeís Sweethearts Team Big CT have broken up and it was a bad breakup. I canít believe CT did Big T like that. He could have gone about that in a much better way. I love nighttime challenges. I hope it turns out to be a good one.
Old 03-05-21, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lucky Nam held on as long as he did. I'm sure the double elimination was meant to get rid of the surplus guys, and if Nam was already out they wouldn't have done it and Baby Goofy would still be in the game. Good riddance to that fool. Nothing against Darrell but I would have liked to see Devin win just to keep things interesting and finally neuter the BB alliance.
Old 03-05-21, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Lucky Nam held on as long as he did. I'm sure the double elimination was meant to get rid of the surplus guys, and if Nam was already out they wouldn't have done it and Baby Goofy would still be in the game. Good riddance to that fool. Nothing against Darrell but I would have liked to see Devin win just to keep things interesting and finally neuter the BB alliance.
Devin admitted he didn't think with his head when it came time to call someone out. There were better (dumber) guys there to go against in a puzzle challenge, and if he had beaten one of those guys it would have freed up a final spot to help protect his.
Old 03-05-21, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Devin should have called Fessy out.
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (03-06-21)
Old 03-06-21, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 152 Posts

Disappointed in the way CT acted. Glad The Goof is gone.

I find that I really don't like any of these people.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.