Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

B Positive (CBS) -- S: Thomas Middleditch, Annaleigh Ashford -- Premieres 11/5/20

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

B Positive (CBS) -- S: Thomas Middleditch, Annaleigh Ashford -- Premieres 11/5/20

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-20, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

THOMAS MIDDLEDITCH AND ANNALEIGH ASHFORD STAR IN CHUCK LORRE AND MARCO PENNETTE'S NEW COMEDY ABOUT A THERAPIST WHO IS FACED WITH FINDING A KIDNEY DONOR WHEN HE RUNS INTO A WOMAN FROM HIS PAST WHO VOLUNTEERS HER OWN, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "B POSITIVE," THURSDAY, NOV. 5

Kether Donohue, Sara Rue, Maggie Elizabeth Jones, Izzy G. and Terrence Terrell Also Star

"Pilot" - Drew, a recently divorced father, discovers he needs a kidney and finds his donor in the last person he ever would've imagined, on the series premiere of B POSITIVE, Thursday, Nov. 5 (8:30-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Thomas Middleditch, Annaleigh Ashford, Kether Donohue, Sara Rue, Izzy G. and Terrence Terrell star.

Drew (Middleditch)
is a therapist and newly divorced dad who is faced with finding a kidney donor when he runs into Gina (Ashford)
, a rough-around-the-edges woman from his past who volunteers her own. Together, they form an unlikely and life-affirming friendship, as they begin a journey that will forever affect both of their lives. Gabby (Donohue)
is Gina's best friend; Julia (Rue)
is Drew's ex-wife; Maddie (Izzy G.) is Drew and Julia's teenage daughter; and Eli (Terrell)
is a new friend of Drew's who is also going through dialysis.

REGULAR CAST:

Thomas Middleditch (Drew)
Annaleigh Ashford (Gina)
Kether Donohue (Gabby)
Sara Rue (Julia)
Izzy G. (Maddie)
Terrence Terrell (Eli)

GUEST CAST:

Jason Kravits (Dr. Baskin)
Eliza Shin (Nurse)
Tim Bagley (Minister)
Terryn Westbrook (Leslie)
Mason McCulley (Monty)
Amy Pietz (Sheila)
Rashawn Nadine Scott (Jenny)
Andy Mackenzie (Don)
Megan McNulty (Barb)
Bob Glouberman (Andy)
Phillip Brock (Uncle Larry)
Bernie Kopell (Mr. Knudsen)
Nick Cafero (Paul)
Edith Fields (Mrs. Franco)
Ramon Hilario (Mr. Lopez)
Courtenay Taylor (Woman V.O.)

WRITTEN BY: Marco Pennette

DIRECTED BY: James Burrows

Read more: Listings - B POSITIVE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - B POSITIVE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com

Old 05-12-22, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: B Positive (CBS) -- S: Thomas Middleditch, Annaleigh Ashford -- Premieres 11/5/20

Seriously? This thread has never had a post since the first one?

Well, now it's canceled...thanks to you guys obviously: https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/b-posi...-season-3-cbs/

I did like this show, even after the 2nd season revamp, but I can't say that it bothers me too much that it won't be back.
Old 05-12-22, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Re: B Positive (CBS) -- S: Thomas Middleditch, Annaleigh Ashford -- Premieres 11/5/20

I saw Middletich at Caesars on Saturday. Guess he was partying away his pain.
Old 05-12-22, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I saw Middletich at Caesars on Saturday. Guess he was partying away his pain.
He was going to be fired anyway if it got renewed. They retooled around him hard.

and LOL. Zero posts.
Old 05-12-22, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

I stopped watching after she got a 45 minion dollar inheritance
Old 05-12-22, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

I watched the re-vamp, -sort of enjoyed it as a "palette cleanser", -but it always felt like "dead show walking". They never figured out what to do with Middleditch in the second season re-vamp, and because of that, it left Ashford under-developed, too. You had a great cast of supporting players playing the senior citizens, -Linda Lavin, Jim Beaver, Ben Vereen, Hector Elizondo to name a few, -but it just never jelled.
Old 05-12-22, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

I was actually watching this for shits and giggles - mainly for Ashford.
It had it's moments, but it was obvious the original premise of the show was temporary and they would have to pivot to a different premise/setting. And they pivoted hard by centered it around a retirement home, minimizing Middleditch's role and giving Ashford's character more purpose and going all in on her. I figured the experiment wasn't going to last. Not a big deal - but I was miss Ashford's tight body.

Man, it seems once you get involved in a Chuck Lorre production - you've got roles for the rest of your life (unless you're Charlie Sheen).
Actors/Actresses in one Lorre production always wind up his other productions in some capacity. If his company likes you - you're in for life.
Old 05-12-22, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I was just about to ask, what was the pivot and how did they try to ease out Middleditch, but I guess Coral explained it well enough.