DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 6 -- Premieres 10/11/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651513-fear-walking-dead-amc-season-6-premieres-10-11-20-a.html)

DJariya 10-11-20 02:25 AM

Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 6 -- Premieres 10/11/20

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...babcae37b3.jpg

Season 6 premieres tonight on AMC

They filmed 7 or 8 episodes before the show was shut down back in March. It's unknown if they have resumed production.

Please don't thread crap this thread if you don't watch it anymore or plan to hate watch it and complain. It adds nothing productive to this thread. If you want to be critical, at least try to offer something that someone can bounce off from. I know that season 5 was mostly disliked. It's the worst reviewed season of the series. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/fe...lking_dead/s05

Chambliss and Goldberg, the showrunners have apparently changed the format of this show and made it "Anthology" driven. This article explains their decision.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...n-6-anthology/

The 1st episode is currently available early on AMC+ I know most of you probably aren't going to watch it right away with NFL, NBA, Lovecraft and Fargo on.

clckworang 10-12-20 12:11 AM

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 6 -- Premieres 10/11/20

Color me surprised. I actually thought that was pretty good. Way better than the usual episodes. It might have helped having a smaller cast and more focus. I was a bit surprised the storyline with the bounty hunter didn't go on longer. I actually liked that character. I'll just be happy when Virginia is out of the picture. She's really annoying. I don't get why anyone would follow her. And I'm happy to see Morgan start to embrace the violence.

Josh-da-man 10-12-20 08:39 AM

Yeah, it was a good episode.

Just a couple of nits I need to pick:

One, kind of annoyed that the bounty hunter only got clipped when he was shot. Goddamn, people, go for the kill.

Two, Morgan can go from being barely able to walk to zombie killing motherfucker in about two seconds. Reminds me of Yoda in Attack of the Clones.

I did like the gift that Morgan left for Virginia. And it's nice to see hard-assed, scary Morgan is back instead of the wussy with a stick.

DWilson 10-12-20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13821558)

Please don't thread crap this thread if you don't watch it anymore or plan to hate watch it and complain. It adds nothing productive to this thread. If you want to be critical, at least try to offer something that someone can bounce off from. I know that season 5 was mostly disliked. It's the worst reviewed season of the series. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/fe...lking_dead/s05

Thanks for the above message, -I'm wary of TWD related threads because they've just become the epitome of hate-watching, and while I have my issues, I'm not there yet.

clckworang 10-12-20 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13822217)
Yeah, it was a good episode.

Just a couple of nits I need to pick:

One, kind of annoyed that the bounty hunter only got clipped when he was shot. Goddamn, people, go for the kill.

Two, Morgan can go from being barely able to walk to zombie killing motherfucker in about two seconds. Reminds me of Yoda in Attack of the Clones.

I did like the gift that Morgan left for Virginia. And it's nice to see hard-assed, scary Morgan is back instead of the wussy with a stick.

I definitely agree with the second gripe. That was a bit much, but you just knew he was eventually going to get some magical power-up.

windom 10-12-20 12:53 PM

So did I miss what happened to the guy that helped Morgan? He delivered his wife's baby then did surgery on Morgan to remove the bullet then he was dead. What happened to him?

Josh-da-man 10-12-20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 13822394)
So did I miss what happened to the guy that helped Morgan? He delivered his wife's baby then did surgery on Morgan to remove the bullet then he was dead. What happened to him?

He died. He was bitten by a walker off-camera. He lifts up his shirt and shows Morgan the bite after he gets home.

Koby 10-12-20 09:12 PM

Pretty decent season premiere. One of the better episodes of the entire show actually.

DJariya 10-13-20 02:33 AM

Wow, that was pretty awesome. Probably one of the best episodes in the last 2-3 seasons. It felt like a mini zombie western. Glad to see Morgan emerge as a badass for a change instead of Mr. Zen Stick fighter, which I know most hated. And Lennie James looked like death in this episode with the red eyes and disheveled look and the infected arm. Did I hear him say that he was shot 6 weeks ago?

The bounty hunter was a pretty cool adversary. It did feel a little anti climatic how it ended, but nevertheless, it was a fun episode.

I also liked the head he left and saying to Virginia that Morgan is dead and your dealing with someone else.

and I like the idea by the showrunners to make this more anthology driven with less characters in each episode. Hopefully it continues to work next week when they focus on the other part of the group.

Neil M. 10-13-20 12:56 PM

Yeah I have to agree that this was pretty good. I'm just worried that it will all be downhill from here. The bounty hunter was one of the coolest characters they've had in quite awhile.

Bill Needle 10-13-20 01:45 PM

This was what this show should be. It was helped tremendously by the absence of the bloated and mostly terrible supporting regular cast of characters.

Those were actually two interesting characters introduced - short a stay as it was - and maybe this is finally the end of Preacher Morgan’s Sunday Sermons.

VinVega 10-15-20 02:49 PM

I guess I'll have to go back and watch this. I thought Morgan was dead at the end of last season.

Finisher 10-19-20 06:31 AM

Another good episode although not as good as last week.

I like how we stuck with this show through all those shit seasons in some delusional hope that it would improve and that blind faith actually paid off.

DJariya 10-24-20 01:21 AM

Just finished episode 2. That was another good one. The cold open with the prisoners and then the rangers getting attacked was pretty cool.

I :lol: at Strand sacrificing that chicken shit Sanjay to the Walkers. That was cold blooded.

Such a nice change focusing on a smaller group of characters in each episode, while keeping Virginia the overall nemesis.

That was a nice little cameo at the end with Morgan just to keep things connected.

Bill Needle 10-26-20 01:38 AM

After an encouraging start to this season, tonight's episode was atrocious. The worst traits of the last few seasons came roaring back this week. What a shame.

Hopefully they get back to what was actually working and stay there.

DJariya 11-01-20 11:57 PM

The ending for this week's episode was pretty badass. Morgan using his giant axe to take out those two guys was sick. In case you weren't paying close attention, those two guys were in the 1st episode. Something is up with that key Morgan is wearing.

The John stuff was okay. Honestly, I didn't really remember Janis and Cameron, so Janis' death didn't really do much for me. Not sure the significance of John pulling out his tooth.

DWilson 11-02-20 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13834274)

The John stuff was okay. Honestly, I didn't really remember Janis and Cameron, so Janis' death didn't really do much for me. Not sure the significance of John pulling out his tooth.

From Entertainment Weekly:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY. What’s the symbolism here of sweets-loving John Dorie having this toothache that he has to take care of at some point? This is clearly not accidental timing.

ANDREW CHAMBLISS: When we were working on the episode, we really wanted something that kind of served as a metaphor for what was going on to John Dorie as a person. The first time we met him, one of the first things he did was hold out a Werther’s and offered it to Morgan. And there's just something about that act that is so kind of tied into who John Dorie is — that the kind of innocence that he has. And we wanted something that symbolized that innocence eroding as he tried to make a life under Virginia's rule. And it seemed like the toothache served as the perfect way to do that.

As a side note, we've known that this was coming for John Dorie, cause someone who eats that much candy in the apocalypse without seeing a dentist is going to end up with some problems. But it really served to just be the kind of nagging reminder of him throughout the episode, that the worldview he has just isn't possible when he's living under Virginia. And then it really kind of drives nicely with what Janis says to him about this place being rotten and how it ruins everything.

So we see John Dorie starting to doubt himself and doubt what he believes in. And I think as he's kind of tearing that tooth out, it's him hoping he can kind of stop that rot, stop that decay. And I think we're left with the question of whether John Dorie will ever be able to repair the emotional damage that has been done to himself? Or is he just going to go down the road of so many other people who Virginia has taken in and corrupt Dorie in the same way?

Neil M. 11-02-20 12:55 PM

I enjoyed the episode. I'd say that 3 out of 4 is pretty good for any Walking Dead show.

Bill Needle 11-02-20 10:15 PM

CSI Lawton

The episode was a water treader...not as good as a few this season, not as bad as last week's disaster. I like the John Dorie character, but this episode he seemed like an off version of himself. He was always kind and easy going but he was not naive. In this episode he behaved as if he had just me all these people. Maybe it just comes down to poor writing.

The Virginia character has become the unintentional comedic relief of the show. It's no coincidence the less she is in an episode the better it usually is. Most of her actions are erratic, varying between pointless and contradictory. It makes it impossible to swallow that she is some powerful figure controlling this empire of hers. The sooner the show moves on from her the better.

And yes, I agree: Bravo for the Morgan scene at the end of the episode.

windom 11-07-20 09:47 PM

So I guess we have to wait 5 days to watch Talking Dead now after the episodes run on AMC, unless you wanna pay the extra money to get AMC+. I can't imagine a lot of people would do get it just to watch Talking Dead earlier at this point. I wonder if they'll still show Talking Dead on AMC after every episode of the main show when it returns. I think that TD was supposed to have an episode on AMC on November 22nd. I guess we'll see what happens with that.

DJariya 11-10-20 01:10 AM

Sunday's episode was probably the worst episode of the season for me. Mainly because I don't like the Dwight character and making him the lead character for an entire episode didn't work IMO. And I didn't care for his relationship with his recently reunited wife.

Basically it was boring and making Morgan a minor supporting character here.....:rolleyes: And the Walkers were barely present here. I know they're focusing this season on the various characters, but not every FTWD character can carry an entire episode.

That's all I got. The preview for next week does look promising though.

Koby 11-10-20 07:20 PM

I'm the opposite in that I think Dwight is one of the better characters left on the show and thus really enjoyed the episode.

Neil M. 11-11-20 01:48 AM

I'm sort of in the middle. I haven't really cared for Dwight on this show so far but I did enjoy the episode.

DJariya 11-16-20 02:38 AM

Solid episode tonight. Much better than last week. I enjoyed that it focused on June and her struggles. Lots of walker action in this one and some good tension.

-eek- when Virginia got bitten and then June hacked off her hand. You know saving Virginia is going to bite June in the ass. Plus, Morgan wants her dead as well for the shit she put him through.

clckworang 11-16-20 11:59 AM

Virginia getting bit has to be one of the single most joyous moments on this show. I don't cheer very often in shows, but I'll admit I cheered at that moment. Then June went and betrayed that great moment. Boo! The least she could have done is interrogate her before chopping off the hand.