DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   South Park - Season 24 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651463-south-park-season-24-a.html)

Bluelitespecial 09-15-20 04:31 PM

South Park - Season 24

I guess this is the start to the new season on September 30th. It's an hour long "Pandemic Special". :lol: There's going to be so much material for the new season.

PatD 09-16-20 12:00 PM

Re: Huh... nobody cares about S23 of South Park?

If this pandemic had had happened in the 2000s during GWB's time, South Park would have been calling it a hoax (like they did with climate change). They were far more right wing sympathetic back then.

Meathead 09-16-20 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13806022)
I guess this is the start to the new season on September 30th. It's an hour long "Pandemic Special". :lol: There's going to be so much material for the new season.

Just a one off episode. No word on when the new season will start.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/south-p...demic-special/

Neil M. 09-16-20 12:54 PM

They usually start in September but I'm guessing the pandemic has affected it. I'd probably be more excited if this was 10-15 years ago. They really haven't done a great job with satire in recent years.

Josh-da-man 09-16-20 03:17 PM

Looks like they're still going to be running the Randy-the-Pot-Farmer into the ground this season.

:horse: Tegridy Farms :horse:

Bill Needle 09-16-20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13806590)
Looks like they're still going to be running the Randy-the-Pot-Farmer into the ground this season.

Yeah, I love me some Randy and no one can make a situation worse through disproportionate overreactions quite like him. But seeing that it's tied to the Tegridy thing is disappointing. Enough already.

Josh-da-man 09-17-20 03:11 AM

The thing about Randy is that the humor in his storylines generally revolved around him developing an intense, consuming interest in something, then moving on to the next thing. He was always fickle and mercurial, and the pot farm should have only lasted for a handful of episodes at most.

Mabuse 09-30-20 11:01 PM

The new South Park episode is my wet dream. Disney started Coronavirus. I always knew it to be true.

mapasu 10-01-20 03:26 PM

It had some moments, I think I was more excited to have SP back again. What really got us laughing was.
Spoiler:
The new "teachers" shooting Token when the fighting broke in class.

Bill Needle 10-01-20 04:22 PM

Randy carried the episode (as is the new normal). The rest was pretty forgettable.

Mabuse 10-01-20 09:30 PM

Needing to get Butters to build a Bear was funny and tugged the heart strings.

Randy being so fucking right about the folly of investing in China was so vindicating.

Noonan 10-02-20 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by mapasu (Post 13815677)
It had some moments, I think I was more excited to have SP back again. What really got us laughing was.
Spoiler:
The new "teachers" shooting Token when the fighting broke in class.

Yes! My wife came downstairs to see what I was watching when she heard me laughing so much.

Red Dog 10-02-20 08:47 AM

The cops becoming substitute teachers and pumping Token full of lead and calling it "Covid-related" was pretty damn funny,

Deftones 10-03-20 12:06 AM

Re: South Park - Season 24

I want one of those social distance sticks :lol:

Rob V 10-03-20 11:53 AM

Best episode in a long, long time. Randy banging the bat in an alley made me laugh so hard i had to pause the show.

Mabuse 10-03-20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13816827)
I want one of those social distance sticks :lol:

Oh my god! Iíve been telling my wife I was going to make one ever since this COVID started.

Mabuse 10-03-20 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13817024)
Best episode in a long, long time. Randy banging the bat in an alley made me laugh so hard i had to pause the show.

Bro, anyone can bang a bat. Have you ever banged a pangolin?