TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Peacemaker (Max) -- C: James Gunn, S: John Cena

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-22, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts
re: Peacemaker (Max) -- C: James Gunn, S: John Cena

Originally Posted by fujishig
It's surprisingly hard to watch a superhero tv show with lots of swearing in a house full of kids. I know my son for sure would want to watch it as soon as he saw Peacemaker/Cena or Vigilante. He saw the trailer for Suicide Squad and has a King Shark toy, though he probably won't watch the movie for another half decade.
Just let him watch it as an example what not so say (yet).
Old 04-06-22, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,507 Posts

It's surprisingly hard to watch a superhero tv show with lots of swearing in a house full of kids. I know my son for sure would want to watch it as soon as he saw Peacemaker/Cena or Vigilante. He saw the trailer for Suicide Squad and has a King Shark toy, though he probably won't watch the movie for another half decade.
Heh, I watched The Suicide Squad with my 12 year old daughter, as we already watched the first one and it was a soft R at best (she loves superhero movies/TV shows). The second one was a harder R than I expected, I was surprised about all the gore and tons of F-bombs. I'm glad I watched the first episode of Peacemaker by myself first, after that sex scene I was like "nope, not watching this with her"
Old 04-06-22, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cultshock
Heh, I watched The Suicide Squad with my 12 year old daughter, as we already watched the first one and it was a soft R at best (she loves superhero movies/TV shows). The second one was a harder R than I expected, I was surprised about all the gore and tons of F-bombs. I'm glad I watched the first episode of Peacemaker by myself first, after that sex scene I was like "nope, not watching this with her"
But the akwardness of the situation could be worth it.
Old 04-06-22, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

When I saw Deadpool someone brought like ten 12yr olds and dumped them in the theater.

I was not amused.
Old 04-06-22, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
When I saw Deadpool someone brought like ten 12yr olds and dumped them in the theater.

I was not amused.
I still remember a few years ago going to my kids' elementary school costume parade thing for Halloween and being really surprised how many 2-4 year olds were dressed up as movie Deadpool or movie Harley Quinn.
Old 04-07-22, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm not judging because I let my 13 year old watch almost anything (almost)... but the Peacemaker banging the chick scene in the bathroom was a tad uncomfortable lol. I can only imagine if it was my daughter watching that than my son.
Old 04-07-22, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm not judging because I let my 13 year old watch almost anything (almost)... but the Peacemaker banging the chick scene in the bathroom was a tad uncomfortable lol. I can only imagine if it was my daughter watching that than my son.
What? It's the perfect opportunity to have "the talk". You know, the one about sexual FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!
Old 04-07-22, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I still remember a few years ago going to my kids' elementary school costume parade thing for Halloween and being really surprised how many 2-4 year olds were dressed up as movie Deadpool or movie Harley Quinn.
My neighbor's daughter is 7, and she dressed up as Chucky for the school parade. She posed for pictures with the fake bloody knife before going to school, since she couldn't have it at school itself, but was otherwise pretty accurate to scar-faced Chucky. Her parents said it was one of her favorite characters. The middle few movies get pretty campy, but I still can't imagine my 7 year old son being ready to watch that. FWIW, the daughter is complete chaos in human form.
Old 04-07-22, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric F

I was not amused.
My sister and brother-in-law took my 12 year old nephew and his friend to see Deadpool, as they have zero knowledge of superhero films and movie ratings apparently. They were originally planning on just dropping the kids off at the theater and picking them up later. But in Canada, it's rating meant that anyone under 18 has to have adult accompaniment, which my sister apparently didn't know either. The kids really wanted to see the movie, so my brother-in-law grudgingly went in to see it with them. I would have loved to hear my BIN trying to explain the pegging scene to the kids.

Last edited by cultshock; 04-07-22 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Got the ratings mixed up
Old 04-07-22, 10:58 AM
Banned

My sister and brother-in-law took my 12 year old nephew and his friend to see Deadpool, as they have zero knowledge of superhero films and movie ratings apparently. They were originally planning on just dropping the kids off at the theater and picking them up later. But in Canada, rated R means that anyone under 18 has to have adult accompaniment (kinda like a US NC-17 rating) which my sister apparently didn't know either. The kids really wanted to see the movie, so my brother-in-law grudgingly went in to see it with them. I would have loved to hear my BIN trying to explain the pegging scene to the kids.
I worked the door at my local AMC theater when the first Deadpool came out. I can’t tell you how many adults tried to buy tickets for their kids alone and leave them there for it. I can’t tell you how many parents yelled at me when I would stop them and tell them they were required to sit through the movie with them. One guy threatened to kill me.

Good times…
Old 04-07-22, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Yeah, I really don't have a problem with her hearing swearing or seeing over the top cartoonish violence in films (like in The Suicide Squad), but there was no frigging way I was going to watch that scene with my daughter.
Old 04-08-22, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with her hearing swearing or seeing over the top cartoonish violence in films (like in The Suicide Squad), but there was no frigging way I was going to watch that scene with my daughter.
So you want her to learn everything bad about the world and not the wonderful stuff that made her life possible in the first place? Not that I would watch the scene with minors present, but it's still weird.
Old 04-08-22, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Runaway
So you want her to learn everything bad about the world and not the wonderful stuff that made her life possible in the first place? Not that I would watch the scene with minors present, but it's still weird.
Um yeah, I meant I have no problem watching a film/tv show with language or violence (to an extent) along with her, but not a sex scene as it would just make us both unconfortable. Damn, what parent wouldn't be? Don't worry though, my daughter learned all about the birds and the bees from my wife and in school.
Old 04-08-22, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
So you want her to learn everything bad about the world and not the wonderful stuff that made her life possible in the first place?
Are you saying Cult's daughter was conceived in a wild fling in a bar bathroom?
Old 04-08-22, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Plus, there's a difference between a romantic loving sex scene, and that one.

My wife was in her office, which shares a wall with the living room, working, as I watched the ep where Chris offers up the list of people whose fingerprints could have been used. She laughed a few times and said "WHAT are you watching?"
I did turn it down when her boss called her.
Old 04-30-22, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Well shit. I held off on watching this series because it just didn’t appeal to me much but it pulled off the impossible for me on about a dozen different fronts.

It took an actor I didn’t really like, playing a character I didn’t like, from a movie I didn’t really like, directed by a director who I thought was overrated and made one of my favorite series in the last 20 years! Oh, and just for good measure it made me appreciate a genre of music I’ve thought was dumb since I was little kid.

It’s also got possibly the greatest opening credits sequence in the history of TV!

I loved everything about show. Just perfect all around!
The following 6 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
Big Boy Laroux (05-03-22), fujishig (05-03-22), OldBoy (04-30-22), RichC2 (04-30-22), Thos19 (05-02-22), Trevor (04-30-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-03-22, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Spin-off featuring Waller, starring Viola Davis in the works:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/viola-d...ax-1235015526/
Old 05-03-22, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Is it really a spin off?

Assume this is what Gunn was hinting at when he said another show was in the works.
Old 05-04-22, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

I just finished watching the series a second time.
Old 05-04-22, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Spin-off featuring Waller, starring Viola Davis in the works:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/viola-d...ax-1235015526/
What, exactly will she be doing? Eating steak and threatening people?
Old 05-04-22, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I like Viola Davis and the idea of Amanda Waller as a character, but so far she hasn’t been all that interesting to me in any of her appearances. She seems better relegated as a side character if you ask me.

Maybe I’ll be wrong though and she’ll have a great show like Peacemaker wound up being.
Old 05-04-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

In Gunn we trust
The following users liked this post:
RichC2 (05-04-22)
Old 05-04-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Yeah I'm just going to go with, if Gunn's doing it I'll watch it.
Old 05-04-22, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

This gives me pause, though.

It comes after Deadline revealed that James Gunn, who will exec produce the project, was working on a second Suicide Squad spinoff series. He told us in January that it was “connected to this universe” but “won’t be as much a comedy as Peacemaker.
Old 05-04-22, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomOpus
This gives me pause, though.
Could that be because the Wallet character isn’t exactly, well, funny? Batman admitted she was one of the only people who intimidated him for a reason.

What does Waller do anyways? AFAIK she’s basically in charge of black-ops missions and threatening people.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.