The Amazing Race Season 32 (CBS) premieres 10/14/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race Season 32 (CBS) premieres 10/14/20

Old 11-22-20, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race Season 32 (CBS) premieres 10/14/20

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I don't think you should be allowed to share the answers with other teams. It helps to give alliances so much more power.
It's strange teams can give answers to other teams or accept answers from other teams, but one team member can't help the other one come up with an answer. Why travel in pairs if you can't help your teammate?
Old 11-22-20, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
It's strange teams can give answers to other teams or accept answers from other teams, but one team member can't help the other one come up with an answer. Why travel in pairs if you can't help your teammate?
those tasks are roadblocks which has always been a task only one member of the team may perform. TAR has moved more towards alliances and yields/uturns by other teams to up the drama.
Old 11-26-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really miss the days when teams didn't give other teams advice or answers. The blondes never stood a chance with 5 other teams ganging up on them. It made their fate predictable while other teams that were struggling were allowed to survive another leg just because they received help. I don't mind alliances on Survivor and Big Brother, but I'm not enjoying them on this show.
The following users liked this post:
devilshalo (11-26-20)
Old 11-26-20, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts

Wish they would bring back FFs - that would help a little bit to break up alliances.
Old 11-26-20, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

Haven't been a fan of the alliance. While it seems to have affected the play of late, especially with multiple yields being given to the blondes, it has seemed as if the stronger teams are the ones helping each other. So I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made in the long run.
Old 11-26-20, 08:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Really would like see the boy friends get the boot. There is just something about them that I donít like.
Old 11-26-20, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
Really would like see the boy friends get the boot. There is just something about them that I donít like.
Me too because they're just not nice. They seem to relish other teams' misfortune, and they're not too eager to share info if they can help it. I was shocked when one of them did the decent thing when he shared info about the plate settings.
Old 11-28-20, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
If Frank & Jerry didn't go back and just forged ahead and just did the build the roof task and not U-Turned, would there have been a penalty? Because the roof task did not require any of the stuff in the bag and it didn't seem like bringing any of the stuff to the mat was required. And would the penalty have been longer then the 60 or so minutes it took them to go back?
Yes, there’s a rule that you have to follow all the instructions in your clues. For this one, that included bringing all the supplies. If they’d forged ahead without it, they would have been penalized, at the pit stop, the time advantage they gained (so, the hour round-trip travel time it would have taken to fetch the items), plus an additional penalty, probably 30-60 minutes.
Old 11-28-20, 03:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Me too because they're just not nice. They seem to relish other teams' misfortune, and they're not too eager to share info if they can help it. I was shocked when one of them did the decent thing when he shared info about the plate settings.
they claim the football players dont help the alliance but James would probably still be at the head dress roadblock if the football player didnít tell him about lining up the right column or telling Hung and Chee to look for the letters to unscramble previously.
Old 11-29-20, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I cannot stand the boyfriends or Hung/Chee. Really just Hung (is that the wife?). I wish she would shut the hell up with all of the whining. I am pulling for the footballers and the volleyballers.
Old 11-29-20, 07:23 PM

Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

I grew to like the blondes, despite them being eliminated. They werenít bitter, whiny, or angry at all. They just had a wonderful attitude during the whole race.

Iíll root for the brother and sister now.
The following 2 users liked this post by MLBFan24:
chowderhead (11-30-20), davidh777 (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Really miss the days when teams didn't give other teams advice or answers. The blondes never stood a chance with 5 other teams ganging up on them. It made their fate predictable while other teams that were struggling were allowed to survive another leg just because they received help. I don't mind alliances on Survivor and Big Brother, but I'm not enjoying them on this show.
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Wish they would bring back FFs - that would help a little bit to break up alliances.
My family is in the middle of watching the old seasons on Hulu. We are on the season (10, I think) with the husband/wife from Kentucky, male models/drug addicts, Cho brothers, etc. Anyway, team Kentucky finished last but on a non-elim. This season the twist is they have to finish first or incur a 30 minute penalty (instead of speed bump). The next episode has a FF and the Cho brothers purposefully gave the FF to Kentucky to guarantee they finished first. So, while I agree that the alliance in the current season is extreme, it's also not that unique.
Old 12-01-20, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or they can just make the tasks have different answers, like the tent building task, each could have had a different missing item. The repel task with the "Sauerkraut" the word could have been changed after a team got it. Things like that, so sharing answers is useless.
Old 12-01-20, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 309 Likes on 259 Posts

I was biased because the blondes were my team in the game here, but yeah, the ganging-up sucked. They kept a great attitude, though.

Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
or they can just make the tasks have different answers, like the tent building task, each could have had a different missing item. The repel task with the "Sauerkraut" the word could have been changed after a team got it. Things like that, so sharing answers is useless.
Iíd like to see that to keep teams from sharing answers, but Iím sure there would be complaints about not all answers being equally difficult.
Old 12-03-20, 01:00 AM

Good ending to the episode, but sad to see the brother and sister go. They went further along the Race than I thought they would. Iíll give Aparna credit for having the balls to call out Team NFL, even though they didnít really do anything wrong.

She even mentioned them not winning any rings. damnnn girl, harsh

DeAngelo Williams did mention on Twitter - can another participant thatís not doing the roadblock harass / intimidate the participant doing the challenge? I know teammates canít help each other out, but I donít ever recall this situation happening.
Old 12-03-20, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 307 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
Good ending to the episode, but sad to see the brother and sister go. They went further along the Race than I thought they would. Iíll give Aparna credit for having the balls to call out Team NFL, even though they didnít really do anything wrong.

She even mentioned them not winning any rings. damnnn girl, harsh

DeAngelo Williams did mention on Twitter - can another participant thatís not doing the roadblock harass / intimidate the participant doing the challenge? I know teammates canít help each other out, but I donít ever recall this situation happening.
Other contestants have always shouted out encouragement and sometimes frustration from the sidelines. Granted, it's usually directed at their own partner, but it's not like other people can't hear. If you don't like it, my suggestion would be to try to ignore it and block it out while trying to complete a task. It's not like he had to respond to her or engage with her. Aww, the poor NFL player complaining about intimidation.

Smart move by the beards to burn off that second u-turn. That really is what ended up killing that team's chances.
MLBFan24 (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Iíll give Aparna credit for having the balls to call out Team NFL, even though they didnít really do anything wrong.
Yeah Iím not really sure what her gripe was with the NFL guys. Though you can never be sure given editing it appears it was the best thing the NFL guys could possibly have done and ended up saving their race. Iím sure she just had her feelings hurt because of course the obvious thing to do is U-Turn the worst team left in the race.

Too bad for them it wasnít another ďcodingĒ challenge where they wave their hands at ones and zeros. Because theyíre coders.

Last edited by Bill Needle; 12-03-20 at 09:04 AM.
MLBFan24 (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Too bad for them it wasnít another ďcodingĒ challenge where they wave their hands at ones and zeros. Because theyíre coders.
But not gamers, which was their excuse for doing poorly. They started off every challenge by boasting about how smart they were and that they went to Cal and then proceeded to find excuses for why they sucked at most of them. I guess Cal doesn't teach a course in self introspection.
Old 12-03-20, 12:04 PM

You have to remember, the producers probably encourage them to say how their life skills or job skills may help them with a particular challenge. It's during the "interview" phase of each leg. At some point, you just have to come up with BS. I'm sure they don't act like that in the "real" world. We all know that coding engineer skills don't actually equate to being good at building a cello from trash.

Old 12-03-20, 12:18 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I think being able to burn a U-turn is absurd and makes no sense, that is something the producers need to change.

Old 12-03-20, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 309 Likes on 259 Posts

The constant complaining about the U-turn was annoying, but yeah, it could’ve been selective editing.
Old 12-03-20, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
I think being able to burn a U-turn is absurd and makes no sense, that is something the producers need to change.
I haven't seen every season. Has this been done before? I didn't see it coming and was impressed at the strategic nature of the move, which was of course, related directly to the alliance.

But I agree. I don't think it should be allowed.
Old 12-03-20, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

You have to remember, the producers probably encourage them to say how their life skills or job skills may help them with a particular challenge. It's during the "interview" phase of each leg. At some point, you just have to come up with BS. I'm sure they don't act like that in the "real" world. We all know that coding engineer skills don't actually equate to being good at building a cello from trash.
Yes, that certainly is true. But also remember that these teams didnít win regional races to get on the show...they were cast by production. And Iím sure the kind of people who would have no problem saying that kind of stuff in auditions are also the most likely to be chosen for the show.
MLBFan24 (12-03-20)
Old 12-04-20, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Aparna steamed during that entire tile/puzzle roadblock.

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I haven't seen every season. Has this been done before? I didn't see it coming and was impressed at the strategic nature of the move, which was of course, related directly to the alliance.
The one instance I can recall of this happening ended up on one of my favorite seasons that included the Chippendales, "Twinnies", and the Beekman Boys as the victors.
One couple, Abbie & Ryan, were set to double the prize money had they won the Race. Instead, they were U-turned reluctantly by the Chippendales while the next couple to arrive at the station - Lexi & Trey - burned the 2nd U-turn on the Chips. It sealed Abbie & Ryan's fate of elimination (they were already at the back of the pack with the Beekmans after a lengthy frustrating Russia leg and missed flight connection.)
Old 12-04-20, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

Because speaking some Kazakh and Russian sure didn't help Alana and Leo count spears.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.