DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race Season 32 (CBS) premieres 10/14/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651348-amazing-race-season-32-cbs-premieres-10-14-20-a.html)

bralph 10-30-20 08:36 AM

Re: The Amazing Race Season 32 (CBS) premieres 10/14/20

I loved this leg. Teams missing key details left and right, time-consuming challenges letting teams catch up and pass, and a double U-turn on an elimination leg! I also find it refreshing that most of the teams are likeable. During the long hiatus, we went back and watched old seasons on Hulu. The season with Jonathon and Victoria was practically unwatchable because so many of the teams were jerks. The only team this season annoying me so far is the one team of sisters, Michelle and Victoria. The one flies off the handle at every little thing, but I also think she's playing it up for the camera, which I find doubly annoying.

Cardsfan111 10-30-20 08:38 AM

Sad to see Frank & Jerry go, but the writing was on the wall. Still, as bralph mentioned above, the episode itself was a good one.

Bill Needle 10-30-20 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13832908)
Sad to see Frank & Jerry go, but the writing was on the wall. Still, as bralph mentioned above, the episode itself was a good one.

Definitely not a parade episode which always helps. Lots of opportunities for standings shuffling. It was pretty clear that Frank & Jerry were done for the moment they got U-turned and only editing made it seem close, but still a well designed leg.

TheGuy 10-30-20 12:29 PM

Hypothetical:

If Frank & Jerry didn't go back and just forged ahead and just did the build the roof task and not U-Turned, would there have been a penalty? Because the roof task did not require any of the stuff in the bag and it didn't seem like bringing any of the stuff to the mat was required. And would the penalty have been longer then the 60 or so minutes it took them to go back?

lwhy? 11-04-20 07:09 PM

Only one new episode tonight instead of a double episode due to CBS adding election coverage.

MLBFan24 11-05-20 12:10 AM

Michelle and Victoria making a good comeback from last week.

That one guy always comparing his software engineering skills to the tasks is hilarious :lol: I’m sure they ask him to make comparisons so it’s not his fault, but I find it funny.

I think I would have done well with the build a cello task. I can’t say that for most tasks on this show haha

mugwump 11-05-20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 13836553)
That one guy always comparing his software engineering skills to the tasks is hilarious :lol: I’m sure they ask him to make comparisons so it’s not his fault, but I find it funny.

There's a reason many universities still have Computer Sciences in their schools of liberal arts rather than engineering. A software engineer is not an engineer in the traditional sense and those two are maybe beginning to realize that for the first time in their lives. You can be hella smart and code like a beast but that isn't the same as understanding real-world applications of science.

I'm really enjoying this season since there's no telling when we'll be able to freely travel again.

davidh777 11-06-20 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13836333)
Only one new episode tonight instead of a double episode due to CBS adding election coverage.

Thanks, my DVR recorded two episodes, but the second one was SWAT so I figured that’s what had happened.

The bottle challenge was tense! I’m surprised that the blondes got it in three tries after that long of a day.

I didn’t really figure it was that close as the caption said they were in last, and I wasn’t surprised it was non-elimination.

Red Dog 11-07-20 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 13838080)
Thanks, my DVR recorded two episodes, but the second one was SWAT so I figured that’s what had happened.

The bottle challenge was tense! I’m surprised that the blondes got it in three tries after that long of a day.

I didn’t really figure it was that close as the caption said they were in last, and I wasn’t surprised it was non-elimination.

I was wondering the same thing about the second episode.

Those were some really hard challenges.

rotfl at the girls freaking out about being in that rundown neighborhood.

MLBFan24 11-11-20 03:47 PM

If you have Hulu Live, check the series On Demand page. Episode 32.5 is uploaded early due to last week’s scheduling error.

my reaction to episode 5 (Nov 11)
Spoiler:
Well there goes my team Michelle and Victoria. Good one leg, terrible in another. Total time in car was 6+ hours for 1.2 miles!!! Just should have parked the car in the vicinity and walked using the map,
if that’s allowed.

The carnival games looked fun.

And once again, after 32 seasons, I’ve only predicted the winner correctly one time (season 23) :lol:

mwbmis 11-11-20 04:45 PM

Yeah, my series recording wasn't picking up tonight's episode so if you rely on that you may want to double check.

lwhy? 11-11-20 10:48 PM

I would have stopped and asked other people for directions after 30 mins in the car. There's no way I would have spend 6 hours searching for a destination when it's less than 2 miles away....

DWilson 11-12-20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 13841450)
Yeah, my series recording wasn't picking up tonight's episode so if you rely on that you may want to double check.

My DVR didn't pick up the episode either.

Double_Oh_7 11-12-20 09:36 AM

I think a lot of DVRs did not recognize this as a "new" episode since it was scheduled for last week. CBS pulled a last-minute switch and aired SWAT in its place, but it was listed as Amazing Race.

Cardsfan111 11-12-20 10:02 AM

It was entertaining seeing a team go through the whole leg completely alone thinking they were miles behind the others only to be told they weren't last when they got to the mat.

The group of racers near the top have all been consistently strong for the most part.

davidh777 11-12-20 04:19 PM

Yeah, my DVR recorded last week and not this week but I watched it on demand.

Too bad because I liked the team, but at least they can’t blame taxi drivers!

~~ PAL ~~ 11-12-20 06:23 PM

Yeah, that was just horrible time management and decision making to have drove around for 6 and 1/2 hours from 2 km away? Why not just hire a taxi and follow it? -screwy-

Red Dog 11-14-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ (Post 13842161)
Yeah, that was just horrible time management and decision making to have drove around for 6 and 1/2 hours from 2 km away? Why not just hire a taxi and follow it? -screwy-

Women. ;)

MLBFan24 11-17-20 02:21 PM

Two episodes on Wednesday (Nov 18)

32.6 --- I'm Not Even Walking, I'm Falling
32.7 --- (I think episode 7 is a spoiler title) :lol:
Spoiler:
Give Me a Beard Bump

TheGuy 11-19-20 11:35 AM

They really need to have different answers to questions on the tasks. Its really boring when everyone shares the answer. Even the Yurt task could have had a different missing item.

devilshalo 11-19-20 09:27 PM

It's good that the blondes listened to James, but I didn't care for the blatant coercion. The alliance has some cracks showing now anyway.

MLBFan24 11-19-20 09:40 PM

Great set of episodes. Blondes making a good comeback.

Hung getting mad at Chee for being frustrated, but he was the most calm frustrated person I’ve seen on this show :lol:

DeAngelo sort of helped Hung on the sauerkraut challenge. He let her know to unscramble the letters on her first trip. They both benefited from that alliance move. I don’t understand why Hung and Chee decided to stay after giving DeAngelo the answer. They should have left after that. And then DeAngelo would wait for the 3rd team to give the answer, if that’s what he wants to do for his alliance.

brainee 11-20-20 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13845965)
It's good that the blondes listened to James, but I didn't care for the blatant coercion. The alliance has some cracks showing now anyway.

Well, at this point isn't everyone remaining on the show in the alliance except for the blondes? Though that's the thing I like about this show, compared to Survivor. There are alliances, but ultimately you can succeed or fail regardless of the other players. Leo and Alana blew the counting challenge, and that seems to have cost them.

I like that the players on the show seem to refer to the teams the way I think of them: Blondes, Beard Bros, Football, Boyfriends, etc. :D

MLBFan24 11-21-20 12:41 PM

Gary said he was feeling hot during the “matching hut” challenge, while DAngelo was cold like everyone else.

I think that was early stages of hypothermia haha

lwhy? 11-21-20 09:27 PM

I don't think you should be allowed to share the answers with other teams. It helps to give alliances so much more power.