DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ted Lasso (Apple TV +) -- S: Jason Sudeikis -- From the creator of Scrubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/651096-ted-lasso-apple-tv-s-jason-sudeikis-creator-scrubs.html)

DJariya 08-14-20 12:24 PM

Ted Lasso (Apple TV +) -- S: Jason Sudeikis -- From the creator of Scrubs

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...b50e125b7.jpeg

Jason Sudeikis plays Ted Lasso, a small-time college football coach from Kansas hired to coach a professional soccer team in England, despite having no experience coaching soccer. In addition to starring, Sudeikis serves as executive producer, alongside Bill Lawrence (“Scrubs”) via his Doozer Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television and Universal Television, a division of NBCUniversal Content. Doozer’s Jeff Ingold also serves as an executive producer with Liza Katzer as co-executive producer. The series was developed by Sudeikis, Lawrence, Joe Kelly and Brendan Hunt, and is based on the pre-existing format and characters from NBC Sports.

10 episode season

3 are currently up on Apple TV +

If you're hurting for new shows to watch, here you go

Noonan 08-17-20 07:26 AM

Re: Ted Lasso (Apple TV +) -- S: Jason Sudeikis -- From the creator of Scrubs

This show is excellent. Damn Apple for not letting me binge the whole thing.

Funny and all sorts of wholesome. Highly recommended.

Decker 08-17-20 08:51 AM

Okay I will check it out then. Might as well watch something on the service (besides the Beastie Boys documentary) during the free year.

Deftones 08-17-20 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790273)
Okay I will check it out then. Might as well watch something on the service (besides the Beastie Boys documentary) during the free year.

Morning Show, Defending Jacob and For All Mankind are all good. :shrug:

Decker 08-17-20 11:03 AM

Tried the first episode of Morning Show and the Mrs said it was too depressing and didn't want to watch any more.

Deftones 08-17-20 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790348)
Tried the first episode of Morning Show and the Mrs said it was too depressing and didn't want to watch any more.

You know you can watch things alone right? :)

Dan1boy 08-17-20 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790348)

She probably won't enjoy Defending Jacob either for that reason.....it's terrific but slow and sad.

Decker 08-17-20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13790357)
You know you can watch things alone right? :)

Well since Apple TV won't work on an Xbox or PS4 and I can't cast to my Man Cave TV, I'd have to watch it on my iPad or in the bedroom where she always is, watching her crappy Bravo and TLC reality shows. I guess I could watch it on the iPad. Does it (The Morning Show) get better?

DJariya 08-17-20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790367)
Well since Apple TV won't work on an Xbox or PS4 and I can't cast to my Man Cave TV, I'd have to watch it on my iPad or in the bedroom where she always is, watching her crappy Bravo and TLC reality shows. I guess I could watch it on the iPad. Does it (The Morning Show) get better?

IMO, it's a very good show. It's dark in spots, but it's so well acted. Not saying it's the same by any means, but it's pretty close in quality to The Newsroom from a production and acting standpoint.

Yeah I see where your problem is. Apple TV + doesn't have support on most of the devices in your house.

Deftones 08-17-20 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790367)

Get better? The whole thing is awesome. There is so much talent in that show there are outstanding performances in every episode.

Decker 08-17-20 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13790374)
Get better? The whole thing is awesome. There is so much talent in that show there are outstanding performances in every episode.

Honestly the pilot did nothing for me. Didn't care about or like any of the characters, except maybe Billy Crudup's Network exec. And this is from someone who worships at the alter of Queen Reese. Based on your rave though, I will give it another shot.

DJariya 08-19-20 12:19 PM

I haven't watched this yet and obviously it hasn't caught on here either, but Apple renewed it for a 2nd season.

Noonan 08-19-20 12:26 PM

Great news. I'm already wishing it's Fri for a new episode.

boogieman03 08-19-20 03:23 PM

Binged the 3 episodes that were out and really enjoyed them. Like. Noonan said, it’s “funny and all sorts of wholesome”. Looking forward to the next episode.

BDB 08-19-20 05:33 PM

Watched the first episode -- so good, loved it. even if all the jokes were from the skit.

JeffTheAlpaca 08-19-20 06:50 PM

I saw the trailer and I think Juno Temple is in this.

Barth 08-19-20 08:36 PM

I’m in the like it camp. It’s the kind of light, fluffy show that I’m looking for these days.

The Cow 08-19-20 08:54 PM

I'm still waffling on it, but I really like Brett Goldstein's role/character in this. :up:

pelenor 08-23-20 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13790387)
Honestly the pilot did nothing for me. Didn't care about or like any of the characters, except maybe Billy Crudup's Network exec. And this is from someone who worships at the alter of Queen Reese. Based on your rave though, I will give it another shot.

I think you got the morning show, which stars Billy Crudup and Ted Lasso , which doesn't , mixed up. I'm really enjoying this. I wish I could be as positive as Ted Lasso is all the time or have a friend like "coach".

Inhumans99 08-26-20 12:15 PM

Thanks to this forum I binged the first 4 episodes yesterday and am looking forward to the new ep when it airs on Friday.

lwhy? 08-26-20 01:20 PM

I signed up for the Apple TV+/CBS All Access/Showtime bundle for $15. I'm excited to check this out. I'm going to start watching tonight after work or tomorrow.

Tom Banjo 08-26-20 03:44 PM

Looks good. I have a year of Apple+ free thanks to an iPad purchase last year, but this is the first thing since Morning Show that looks worth watching.

Noonan 08-27-20 07:44 AM

Glad to see more people checking this out. New episode tomorrow!

mphtrilogy 08-28-20 09:31 AM

this show is great, pleasant surprise!

boogieman03 08-29-20 12:31 PM

Great episode. The Doc Brown impression had me laughing.