DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/650282-gangs-london-co-created-directed-gareth-evans-raid-coming-amc.html)

DJariya 04-13-20 01:33 PM

Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC

Set in the heart of one of the world’s most dynamic and multicultural cities, Gangs of London tells the story of city being torn apart by the turbulent power struggles of the international gangs that control it and the sudden power vacuum that’s created when the head of London’s most powerful crime family is assassinated.

For 20 years, Finn Wallace (Colm Meaney) was the most powerful criminal in London. Billions of pounds flowed through his organisation each year. But now he’s dead – and nobody knows who ordered the hit. With rivals everywhere, it’s up to the impulsive Sean Wallace (Joe Cole), with the help of the Dumani family headed by Ed Dumani (Lucian Msamati) to take his father’s place. if the situation wasn’t already dangerous enough, Sean’s assumption of power causes ripples in the world of international crime. Perhaps the one man who might be able to help him and be his ally is Elliot Finch (Sope Dirsu), who up until now, has been one of life’s losers, a lowlife chancer with a mysterious interest in the Wallace family. But as the wind of fate blows, Elliot finds himself transported to the inner workings of the largest criminal organisation in London.

Cinemax has been showing some short promos that have footage from this. It looks pretty wild. No firm premiere date yet. This is a co-production with Sky in the UK, so they will air it 1st.

It will be a 10 episode season. Evans is Producing, directing the Pilot and a few more episodes, he has a few guest directors working with him.

Superman07 04-13-20 03:15 PM

re: Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC

That looks intense!

asianxcore 04-23-20 11:06 AM

re: Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC

All 9 Episodes were released today.As Djariya mentioned, it aired on Sky and Cinemax will be getting it sometime in July.

Gareth directed Episodes 1 & 5, the Action Sequences on Episodes 2 & 3.

Directors Corin Hardy (The Hallow & The Nun) as well as Xavier Gens (Frontier(s)) directed the rest.

Can't wait for this!

Barth 04-24-20 12:09 PM

Can’t wait to watch this one. I guess Cinemax is still going to carry some scripted series. This looks like it may be a bit like Peaky Blinders which I love. It’s even got one of the Shelbys in the lead role!

DJariya 04-24-20 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Barth (Post 13729460)
Can’t wait to watch this one. I guess Cinemax is still going to carry some scripted series. This looks like it may be a bit like Peaky Blinders which I love. It’s even got one of the Shelbys in the lead role!

Yes it appears they are going to have some scripted at least through Fall 2020.

Gangs of London, Trackers, CB Strike and the final season of Warrior in the Fall.

Barth 04-24-20 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13729469)
Gangs of London, Trackers, CB Strike and the final season of Warrior in the Fall.

Wow, We do get another season of Warrior? Best news I heard all day! I figured it was done when Cinemax made their announcement.

DJariya 04-24-20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barth (Post 13729655)
Wow, We do get another season of Warrior? Best news I heard all day! I figured it was done when Cinemax made their announcement.

They shot the 2nd and now final season of Warrior last year. It's been long in the can.

Original Desmond 04-30-20 09:59 AM

Surprised they don't line up the Sky and Cinemax release so they are closer to each other

Original Desmond 05-04-20 09:53 AM

Watched the first episode, pretty damm amazing. Fights are Banshee esque, maybe more brutal

Some GOT actors in it

Good story and characters

DJariya 06-24-20 09:17 AM

https://deadline.com/2020/06/gangs-o...-2-1202968180/

Will now air on AMC in the United States.

Cinemax has pulled out. AMC has also agreed to become co producer, so it was renewed for a second season.

Thread title will need an update.

Season 1 will air this Fall.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/gan...mc-1234647785/

Noonan 06-24-20 09:53 AM

Are they going to have to edit it to air on AMC?

DJariya 06-24-20 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13762368)
Are they going to have to edit it to air on AMC?

AMC can air TV MA shows. However I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know if there is any F bombs or nudity. Violence no issues.

Look at Yellowstone on Paramount. Full of F bombs, violence and partial nudity and that’s a basic cable network.

Gunde 06-26-20 07:11 AM

Re: Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13762370)
Look at Yellowstone on Paramount. Full of F bombs, violence and partial nudity and that’s a basic cable network.

They have gone a little further than that actually ...

dex14 09-18-20 09:19 AM

Re: Gangs of London -- co- created & directed by Gareth Evans (The Raid) -- Coming to AMC

Apparently this is coming to AMC+ (only available for Dish, Sling, Xfinity subs). Hopefully the channel will air it some point then.

asianxcore 10-01-20 02:39 AM

The first 3 Episodes air on AMC+ today (10/1/20).

The remaining Episodes are supposed to air weekly on following Thursdays.

DJariya 10-02-20 11:36 AM

So Amazon Prime is offering an AMC + bundle that has a few other services like Shudder and Sundance and some live channels for $8.99/month. So I decided to sign up to watch this and sample a few other things. At least for a few months.

Last night I watched the 1st episode. Started out a little slow, but really picked up towards the end. The bar fight scene was typical Evans style. Brutal and sometimes cringe inducing with how real it looked. Backs being broken, Compound fractures.

Not sure if it played a role in it going to AMC+, but this show is filled from F bombs. Literally every other word is an F bomb. I'll try to get to episodes 2 and 3 either tonight or this weekend. So far, promising start.

Why So Blu? 10-02-20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13816312)
So Amazon Prime is offering an AMC + bundle that has a few other services like Shudder and Sundance and some live channels for $8.99/month. So I decided to sign up to watch this and sample a few other things. At least for a few months.

Last night I watched the 1st episode. Started out a little slow, but really picked up towards the end. The bar fight scene was typical Evans style. Brutal and sometimes cringe inducing with how real it looked. Backs being broken, Compound fractures.

Not sure if it played a role in it going to AMC+, but this show is filled from F bombs. Literally every other word is an F bomb. I'll try to get to episodes 2 and 3 either tonight or this weekend. So far, promising start.

Nice. That's a great deal. I have Shudder standalone via Apple. I went ahead and got the Amazon bundle.

DJariya 10-03-20 03:33 AM

Holy shit

The fight scene in the drug house in episode 2 -eek-

and episode 3, the massacre at the trailer park. That was fucking wow. -eek-

The episodes aren't all badass action, but they do have the "Oh shit!" moments. A lot of this is London Gangster drama. So there are some slow parts in each episode.

Episode 3 does explore a little of the background of the main character Sean.

asianxcore 10-08-20 09:29 PM

Really enjoying the show!

DJariya 10-17-20 12:50 PM

Episode 5 was crazy. The sniper attack, which led to:

Spoiler:

The guy who figured out that Elliot was a cop getting his head blown off into mush was a holy shit moment.

Some really wild stuff.

redrum 10-19-20 07:57 PM

Can do 7 day free trial of amc+ through amazon

OldBoy 10-20-20 07:41 PM

Holy shit is this show phenomenal. Granted I’m only 2 eps in but holy fucking shit that very first scene shot at a vision like Chris Nolan would have and then him lighting guy on fire was brilliant. I’m going to have to pay attention to this one. Not what I expected at all. I thought it was 30’s or 40’s or something, not modern day. The production value is incredible too. So sleek and modern, with great camera work and cinematography. Fuck it’s good.

devilshalo 10-20-20 10:13 PM

Is this on any Netflix platform outside of the US?

DJariya 10-20-20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13827184)
Is this on any Netflix platform outside of the US?

Nope. It airs on Sky in the UK. It doesn't air on any Netflix international region.

DJariya 10-27-20 09:52 PM

I know most of you guys here aren't watching this, but man episode 6 (the newest one) Holy mother of God!!! That was a fucking wild episode. Danish assassins, and a fucking blood bath.

It was also directed by Evans, so not surprised he went balls out crazy.