Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

Old 04-06-21, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

I call this show CSI Stabler.
Old 04-06-21, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I'm not sold on the show yet but the video quality was fantastic.
Same here. Good to see him back but this fell pretty flat for me. Not digging the story but it is early.
Old 04-09-21, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy cow, Stabler is having a rough time.

Great 2nd episode.
Old 04-10-21, 07:31 AM

Received 114 Likes on 95 Posts

I think this show will work for me. The first episode wasn't bad, but the second one was great. Stabler having PTSD (Olivia is right about that one) and his vendetta against Wheatley have great potential.
Old 04-10-21, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
I call this show CSI Stabler.
Yeah. The super-tech guru is over the top.

This doesn't feel like L&O at all, but it's pretty good.
Old 04-13-21, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 316 Likes on 230 Posts

It was nice seeing Stabler and Benson back together on the screen again. But it's like a toxic relationship with both of them doing stupid stuff they've already outgrown. Or at least Benson has. As far as the show itself it's okay. It seems really cheesy in it's dialogue and line delivery compared to the more flat delivery of SVU. Really stood out when the first episode ran right after the SVU episode.
Old 04-13-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Really digging this show.
Old 04-16-21, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second episode knocked it out of the park for me. If I was on the fence before I am not now. I for sure will stick with it.
Old 04-16-21, 04:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm still not feeling it but I think its just because its such a different feel from the other L&O shows Ive watched.

Stabler still doesn't feel like he's in his groove yet either but it could just be the chemistry between him and his partner which seems very low key right now.

I give her credit because she's got big shoes to fill trying to match what he had with Benson. As far as her character, I think its hard to play a black lesbian cop on any show without being compared to the legendary Detective Kima from The Wire. I kind of wish they had chosen a different way to go with her character so there would be more to build on with Stabler but maybe they have something in mind we have yet to see...

As for Stabler...I love seeing his home life!!! Sitting alone on a bed in his underwear....waking up screaming in the night from his rage-a-holic nightmares! Great stuff....would have been nice to see it tho instead of just hearing about it.....television is a visual medium after all and we know Meloni has the acting chops....

Anyone else surprised that Stabler's kids aren't more fucked up?
Old 04-16-21, 05:59 PM

The supporting cast doesn't seem that strong. His new partner shouldn't have been a woman, no female character will stand a chance against Olivia and it's not helping if she has appearences on the show. The rest of the task force is bland. L&O always profited of good pairing, even with a dominating character like Vincent D'Onofrio, you had the right partner for him, but Dick Wolf isn't afraid to retool the cast. I'm still amused by the fact that they had to strong actors as D.A. in Los Angeles and they decided to kill off Skeet Ulrich, so Alfred Molina could become a Detective and Terrence Howard became the only D.A.
Old 04-16-21, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
The supporting cast doesn't seem that strong. His new partner shouldn't have been a woman, no female character will stand a chance against Olivia and it's not helping if she has appearences on the show. The rest of the task force is bland. L&O always profited of good pairing, even with a dominating character like Vincent D'Onofrio, you had the right partner for him, but Dick Wolf isn't afraid to retool the cast. I'm still amused by the fact that they had to strong actors as D.A. in Los Angeles and they decided to kill off Skeet Ulrich, so Alfred Molina could become a Detective and Terrence Howard became the only D.A.
I liked L&O:LA. Great cast and they dumped Skeet, did a weird retooling, and airing episodes out of order.
Old 04-17-21, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
I liked L&O:LA. Great cast and they dumped Skeet, did a weird retooling, and airing episodes out of order.
The cast was great Terrence Howard, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina and later they brought on Alana de la Garza, who I really liked from the original. I liked it a lot, but I did like all L&O shows. Trial by Jury wasn't bad either and had the last appearences by Jerry Orbach. I don't watch procedurals anymore, but I still watch old episodes of Law & Order, although it can't get more formular than L&O.
Old 04-17-21, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,163 Likes on 867 Posts

I’m digging this so far. Stabler and Wheatley are great adversaries.

I do kinda agree that the supporting cast in the OC task force is not the strongest.
Old 04-17-21, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the supporting cast is all cliche's so far.
Old 04-17-21, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh shit. Stabler really pissed Wheatley off this episode. Things are going to get even more personal.

If you’re watching SVU you know they’re talking about Stabler’s actions there as well. Apparently it’s effecting the whole NYPD.
Old 04-24-21, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best new police procedural in years. The depiction of a man slowly unwinding.

To watch this show you really need to watch that week's episode of SVU first.
Old 04-25-21, 02:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not sure I Iike how interwoven this show is with SVU. I guess they still both function on their own but it does seem to help to watch one right after the other and you get the sense that the shows storylines are both taking place in the same timeframe.

Anyone know how many episodes we are getting of both shows? It looks like they are both set to wrap up in mid May?
Old 04-25-21, 07:41 PM
Premium Member

Received 411 Likes on 323 Posts

Look at the first post of this thread for the details.
Old 04-25-21, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
I'm not sure I Iike how interwoven this show is with SVU. I guess they still both function on their own but it does seem to help to watch one right after the other and you get the sense that the shows storylines are both taking place in the same timeframe.

Anyone know how many episodes we are getting of both shows? It looks like they are both set to wrap up in mid May?
This one is getting 8 episodes
Old 04-25-21, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
This one is getting 8 episodes
13 were ordered unless that changed.
Old 04-26-21, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
13 were ordered unless that changed.
Yes, itís apparently 8 now. Itíll conclude with its 8th and SVUs 16th, I think.

Otherwise this would run well into July with SVU, which isnít happening.
Old 04-26-21, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with the most recent episode of OC. Really good. Meloni is really killing it. I feel like the blonde UC who is pretending to be Wheatley's kids girlfriend is going to bite it.

Oh, the show is apparently on hiatus until May 13th and will be part of a 2 hour crossover with SVU when it comes back. I think SVU and OC are going to run past the usual "May sweeps" period since everything started late this year, OC is only on episode 5 coming up. Also OC might be running behind, hence the hiatus, because of the 2 week COVID shutdown that had.

Old 04-26-21, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 532 Likes on 343 Posts

During the intervention I low key expected Stabler to go Full Stabler and start beating on everyone in the room with Liv having to pull a gun on him.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-26-21 at 02:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (04-26-21)
Old 04-26-21, 02:32 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

After last weeks episode of OC and the SVU hostage situation episode where Benson talked about not having anyone my wife said that she thinks that the main reason for the show existing is so they could get rid of Stablers' wife in a way that they finally have Benson and Stabler hook up. I don't think I disagree with her on that.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (04-26-21)
Old 04-26-21, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Gave it a shot, but never really liked SVU and do not care for this so far. I really liked the original, CI and to a lesser extent Trial and LA.

Still a bit bummed over the flagship show being cancelled, they had a good case at the end with Sisto/Anderson/de la Garza/Waterson being kicked upstairs. Looks like Anita was leaving and not a huge fan of the Cutter character, but they had the best cop duo since Lenny/partner of Lenny

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.