Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

Old 02-26-21, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,180 Likes on 876 Posts
re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

Old 02-28-21, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 123 Likes on 101 Posts
re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

How many people does Stabler beat up in the first episode for not wearing a mask (while not wearing one himself)?
Old 03-01-21, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to seeing Stabler again. I gave up on SVU a few years after he left, as the show just got too repetitive for me, and they kept getting rid of characters that I liked.
Old 03-04-21, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Old 03-09-21, 01:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking forward to this...I haven't seen Chris Meloni in a while but in this publicity shot it looks like his hair situation is finally looking more normal. For a while it looked like he was experimenting with hair plugs or some kind of hair replacement grafting that didn't look quite right...maybe it was just a bad wig?

SVU with Stabler were some of my favorite seasons but I have to wonder where they go with his character now. It really seemed like they ran his narrative into the ground before he left.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping that he and Olivia would eventually wind up together but now that they each have separate shows the risk of that happening is probably zero now. Too bad, they always had great chemistry and just enough sexual tension between them without it actually being written into the show....
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (03-10-21)
Old 03-09-21, 05:08 AM

Received 114 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping that he and Olivia would eventually wind up together but now that they each have separate shows the risk of that happening is probably zero now. Too bad, they always had great chemistry and just enough sexual tension between them without it actually being written into the show....
I was always pretty happy they were just friends and colleagues. Not every chemistry has to resolve in a sexual relationship, saying that I met my wife at work and there was great chemistry without it actually being written into our lives.
Old 03-09-21, 06:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree. Maybe the great chemistry they had was more between Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay rather than Elliott and Olivia.

Plus, don't you think if the writers had gotten them together it would have ended badly anyway? I can't see Olivia ever being able to soothe the rage-a-holic Elliott without them leaving their jobs and Olivia is clearly never leaving hers.

I can't think of any shows where the two main leads ended up together without the show either taking a nosedive or ending (Sam and Diane in Cheers, Bruce and Cybil in Moonlighting, Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist in Remington Steele...sorry, Im a child of the 80s )
Sonny Corinthos (04-02-21)
Old 04-01-21, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

This premieres tonight on NBC. The season will be 13 episodes.

However, Part 1 will be on Law and Order: SVU before it. Meloni is guest starring.

Also, I read they had a COVID positive test on the Organized Crime set, so they're shut down 2 weeks.

For those who have lost track of what happened to Stabler. In the season 12 finale, Stabler shot and killed a young woman who went to the station to shoot the man who raped her Mom. Meloni was later in a contract dispute with NBC and decided to not return for season 13. They wrote out Stabler saying he retired. It's been 10 years since he last saw Liv. That should be an interesting reunion.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-01-21 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-01-21, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts
Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC) -- S: Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler -- premieres 4/1/21

I'll give it a shot. Haven't watched a L&O show for years. Might have last been when the original went off the air or the UK one. Can't remember. I only watched a few seasons of SVU.
Old 04-02-21, 10:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I thought it was fine. Didn't know this is going to be a serialized season, and not a case of the week.

Old 04-02-21, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Massive ratings for this one. Expect a renewal soon
Old 04-02-21, 12:31 PM

I was also surprised by it being serialized, but not in a bad way. It's just not common in Dick Wolf's shows. Meloni is still great as Stabler, Dylan McDermott was a little over the top. It was kind of weird seeing so many people with masks, although it's the new normal on TV it's just strange.
Old 04-02-21, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 539 Likes on 349 Posts

I haven't seen it yet, I watch L&O shows on Hulu after they air. Gotta be honest, though I'm happy to see Stabler back I got bored with Mob stuff back in the 90's. I'm wondering if this will keep my interest.
Old 04-02-21, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

The set up episode on SVU was really good bringing back Stabler. Very emotional how he and Olivia reunited.

If you don’t follow SVU, Stabler came back to New York for a party to honor his former partner Benson, who he hasn’t seen in 10 years. And his wife was injured in a car bombing and later died. That’s what is keeping him in NY now for the Organized Crime Unit as it seems it was a mob related hit.
Old 04-02-21, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow, I’m also surprised that it’s serialized. I was also surprised that McDermott appears to be the season villain as well. I guess the teacher is also bad as well since she’s the ex wife and knew the hit was made by him.

I at Stabler’s attempt to muffle his voice calling in the body. Obviously Olivia will be back as things are still lingering between them. She sees he’s hiding something.

A lot of moving parts in this one. The first serialized Law and Order. It’s going to make it tough for a casual viewer to follow this.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-02-21 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-03-21, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 123 Likes on 101 Posts

Stabler is still a dick.
Giantrobo (04-03-21)
Old 04-03-21, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Wow, Iím also surprised that itís serialized. I was also surprised that McDermott appears to be the season villain as well. I guess the teacher is also bad as well since sheís the ex wife and knew the hit was made by him.

I at Stablerís attempt to muffle his voice calling in the body. Obviously Olivia will be back as things are still lingering between them. She sees heís hiding something.

A lot of moving parts in this one. The first serialized Law and Order. Itís going to make it tough for a casual viewer to follow this.
Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders was also serialized, but obviously a limited series or anatholgy with only one season.

I guess Stabler is popular enough to keep the audience.
Old 04-03-21, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders was also serialized, but obviously a limited series or anatholgy with only one season.

I guess Stabler is popular enough to keep the audience.
Yeah I don't really count that one since it only lasted one season and was based on actual events with real life characters.

SVU and the mothership when they have done ripped from the headlines has always taken liberties with the story.
Old 04-03-21, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Was cool to see Chaz playin an old Mobster. McDermott and his situation held my interest in that it made the whole organized crime thing less boring. Stabler was Stabler. His new boss seems cool. So im in for now.

Also...I'm glad they aren't totally ignoring Stabler's abusive hot head cop past. I know for folks its a cool thing that indulges their bad ass cop fantasies, but its always been disgusting.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-05-21 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-05-21, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I was a little underwhelmed by the first episode but series sometimes take a while to get going. Meloni is only 60 but he looks really old in this. I actually sort of miss the original L&O SVU can just be drepressing sometimes.
Old 04-05-21, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 319 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm not sold on the show yet but the video quality was fantastic.
Old 04-05-21, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Received 418 Likes on 329 Posts

Meloni taking the lead on this makes it an immediate sell for me. First episode was also damn good, as well as the SVU episode that preceded it. This one is going on a completely different direction, and I love it.
Old 04-05-21, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So do we like this version of the L&O theme music?
Old 04-05-21, 06:19 PM
Premium Member

Received 418 Likes on 329 Posts

My wife joked that with the way Mike Post re-uses the same theme song, she fully expects the next L&O show’s theme song to be done via harmonica or kazoo. I dunno, I like them all.
Giantrobo (04-07-21)
Old 04-06-21, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
So do we like this version of the L&O theme music?
We do, I listened to it twice more, when the episode finished.
Giantrobo (04-07-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.