DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/650100-tiger-king-murder-mayhem-madness-netflix-docuseries-premieres-3-20-20-a.html)

cultshock 04-02-20 04:15 PM

Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

What a fascinating and fucked up show. :lol: Damn, those parts of the US just seem like another planet to me, but that was one thing that made this so interesting. Oh and that Carole woman is as fucked up as the rest of them, and there's no way she didn't kill her husband. I hear the case is being looked at again.

dex14 04-03-20 08:23 AM

Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

Thomas Lennon is perfect:

d2cheer 04-03-20 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13716287)
It was just alright. I think the hype for it is a bit much. Like someone mentioned, the combo of whacky characters and being quarantined propelled it.

It’s a shame that people will know this guy’s name, but not someone like Dan Schneider in the Netflix doc The Pharmacist.

Just started that last night.

mikehunt 04-03-20 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jay G. (Post 13714450)
The answer is given almost immediately.
Spoiler:
Immediately after her pulling out that envelope they reveal that it contained a copy of the restraining order application the dead husband filed, which was eventually denied.

thanks, somehow I missed that

james2025a 04-03-20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 13716086)
I follow Leslie Jones on IG and she made a whole angry post asking people to stop asking her if she's seen Tiger King proclaiming she would never watch that shit.

An unfunny loud mouth who thinks shouting passes for talent is no indicator of what is considered quality. Having sbeen in the godawful Ghostbusters reboot she is glad to star in shit.

Anyway, we watched this the second day it came onto Netflix and we binged it in one sitting. It was awesome. Just so much batshit crazy stuff going on. Carol certainly had her hand in killing the husband and a big part of me was wanting her to get her comeuppance. Hopefully the heat will be back on with the investigation getting new attention. I think Joe probably couldnt have killed her himself, he was just a frustrated egotistical weirdo that could not stop himself from talking shit. He was no angel, but the whole hired for murder plot was entrapment. I cannot believe that the others involved in that case were given immunity for testifying. I mean the guy who took the money and said he would commit the murder... no jail time. Thats bullshit right there.

A group of real odd people, but a fascinating car crash of a show and peoples lives. Its essential viewing, so Leslie can stick her opinion up her jacksie.

bluetoast 04-04-20 06:52 AM

I bet that reality TV guy from the documentary is kicking himself even more now that this show has blown up. His idea for a show could have easily run a few seasons.

Cellar Door 04-04-20 04:42 PM

I just binged this over the last few days. Crazy stuff. Each episode yet another eccentric redneck shows up. Well, there are plenty of them.

This is very regionally specific, but I saw it posted on my hometown reddit page and it cracks me up:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...991e46ab1d.png

I imagine there are different versions for different locales.

Finisher 04-04-20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 13718076)
I bet that reality TV guy from the documentary is kicking himself even more now that this show has blown up. His idea for a show could have easily run a few seasons.

Out of everyone I think I felt saddest for him. Guy was sitting on a goldmine of content and just got freakishly unlucky.

Cellar Door 04-04-20 05:22 PM

^I don't know that 'luck' had anything to do with it. He was fully professionally invested in this crazy, deluded, lowlife criminal. That was an incredibly poor choice and something bad was bound to happen--either by chance or on purpose. The burning down of all that incriminating evidence sure makes me think it wasn't just chance.

Finisher 04-04-20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 13718303)
That was an incredibly poor choice and something bad was bound to happen

And yet Eric Goode/Netflix cashed in.

Cellar Door 04-04-20 06:04 PM

True, but were all their eggs in that basket?
And they were apparently smart enough not to store all their video footage in Joe's gator shack.

Abob Teff 04-04-20 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13715577)
I can’t believe it took me 5 episodes to think “why the fuck is this guy (the ex-husband) doing this interview shirtless????” :lol:

It took me until the last episode to realize that guy was NOT in a wheelchair. It was something about the way he was sitting.

The place in Illinois isn’t too far from here. I worked in that area and people told me about it, but I’ve never been there. I was hoping it would actually pop up on the show.

IDrinkMolson 04-04-20 11:54 PM

Finished it earlier today.
I loved the music videos. :lol: Every time one started I'd say, oooh, we're getting another music video.
I had no idea about the feeding her husband to the tigers thing, and my wife spoiled it!

When Joe got dragged off by the big cat, I was just amazed how it just took him. I thought he was going to get hurt on that one. You could see the cat sniffing around his feet first. I bet someone did put something on his boots.

The business man on the jet ski at the end! rotfl
The spoiled meat truck used for pizza toppings. Holy shit!

Decker 04-05-20 01:05 AM

I felt it petered out in the final two episodes, but until then it was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. What a weird story.

d2cheer 04-05-20 09:04 AM

According to this there will be at least one more episode.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/a-new-t...ng-to-netflix/

Mike86 04-05-20 10:19 AM

I felt like seven episodes was too much. Parts of it were interesting, but there was a lot of repetition.

beavis69 04-05-20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13718544)
I felt like seven episodes was too much. Parts of it were interesting, but there was a lot of repetition.

Gotta disagree. Def didn't want more but 1-6 had escalating crazy storylines and 7 did a nice job of wrapping it all up. Would love to see a 5 years later down the line (although most won't participate in interviews I'm sure)

Gunde 04-06-20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 13718518)
According to this there will be at least one more episode.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/a-new-t...ng-to-netflix/

Someone doesn't know what Cameo is ...

spainlinx0 04-06-20 03:12 PM

I finally got a chance to get this out and I'm shocked at the focus on Carol King for hatred over everyone else in this show. She probably killed her husband, but he seemed like another shitty exotic animal owner. She wasn't a good person, but holy shit who was in this show? She was FAR from the worst person in this.

Noonan 04-06-20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 13719171)
I finally got a chance to get this out and I'm shocked at the focus on Carol King for hatred over everyone else in this show. She probably killed her husband, but he seemed like another shitty exotic animal owner. She wasn't a good person, but holy shit who was in this show? She was FAR from the worst person in this.

I commented to my wife that the cult-leading polygamist who paid his "wives" $100 a week for 70-80 hours (or more) was the most reasonable person out of the leads. Sad but true.

TheDude 04-07-20 10:13 PM

Just finished watching the excellent Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness Netflix documentary. This was fucking crazy, sick, and very compelling. I knew nothing about any of these people and/or about "private zoos" that feature tigers/ligers/etc. prior to seeing this.

Obviously no one in the doc. gave a crap about the animals themselves - just how much $ they could make off of them. Disgusting, but not surprising. If there were any justice in this world, all of the principals in this documentary would be fed to their own animals - this would be very fitting.

JE & DA are both scum-bags that exploit animals for profit, took advantage of naive young people that were easily influenced/manipulated, and are truly human pieces of shit.

-However, IMHO the biggest villain of this piece is CB. She makes herself out to be pure as the driven snow, but she's the biggest scum-bag of all.

A huge issue I have with CB's so-called "animal sanctuary" is that she's making as much money (if not more $) off of these animals as the "private zoos" run by people like JE & DA. So, I see 0 difference between her & the people she's claiming are exploiting the animals - which is EXACTLY what she's doing as well.

It's very obvious that she killed her 2nd husband (that she only married for his money). The scene when she was trying to explain his disappearance by saying that he flew away on his own without a pilot's license (which would supposedly explain why there wouldn't be any record of his flight path(s), etc.) was laughable. She's a liar, and was obviously just trying to cover her ass.

Note that women suspected of murder seem to typically get a pass from most people. Conversely, if CB were a man who was suspected of killing his wife under similar circumstances - he would be in jail right now...even without any physical evidence.

I do hope that this doc. results in the authorities taking a much harder & more thorough look at the "disappearance" (ha ha) of CB's 2nd husband. Unfortunately I don't think they're going to find anything at this point....but I hope I'm wrong.

Going along with the above, CB's pathetic, pussy-whipped 3rd husband better watch his back - if he's got any money she could inherit if he died suddenly ;)

In closing, I hope that this doc. results in all of these private zoos and so called "animal sanctuaries" being shut down completely. But, I know that won't happen & is just wishful thinking.

Decker 04-08-20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 13719171)

I still don't know how this cat could have eaten her husband
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5949121c8a.jpg

Cellar Door 04-08-20 01:25 AM

She has woven a tapestry of lies!

spainlinx0 04-08-20 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13720102)
I still don't know how this cat could have eaten her husband
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5949121c8a.jpg

:blush: I will not edit my post, but will live in shame.

Decker 04-08-20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 13720218)
:blush: I will not edit my post, but will live in shame.

It's too late, baby, now it's too late.