Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

Old 03-27-20, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
I'm not going to talk about anything related to that any more I've said my peace. You guys want to believe she is as much of a monster as the others in the show then ok.

Here's another really good article about the doc from The Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/3/...vey-joe-exotic
Is that a yes?

Honestly I think they’re all equal opportunity offenders.
Old 03-29-20, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix docuseries) -- premieres 3/20/20

so in episode 3 the assistant
Spoiler:
says the dead husband gave her an envelope and told her if anything happened to him to give it to the police. But that is never mentioned again. Did she give it to the police after he disappeared? What was in it?
Old 03-29-20, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
so in episode 3 the assistant
Spoiler:
says the dead husband gave her an envelope and told her if anything happened to him to give it to the police. But that is never mentioned again. Did she give it to the police after he disappeared? What was in it?

The answer is given almost immediately.
Spoiler:
Immediately after her pulling out that envelope they reveal that it contained a copy of the restraining order application the dead husband filed, which was eventually denied.

Last edited by Jay G.; 03-29-20 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-30-20, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

If any good can come from this hopefully they will reopen the investigation into Carol's husbands death. Finished it. Batshit crazy that is for sure all of them are. I am glad people are understanding Carol is just as bad as the rest of them.

The buzz this is creating I would be shocked if there is not a follow-up down the road.
The following users liked this post:
TheDude (04-07-20)
Old 03-30-20, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Shaq is now distancing himself from Joe Exotic and the Zoo.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/30/shaqu...ng-joe-exotic/
Old 03-30-20, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carol has a nice scam going on: ton of employees working for free, gets the animals for free (correct me if I'm wrong), ton of donations, huge social media presence.

And her husband happens to disappear right as he's about to divorce her and leave her with nothing. Reminded me of The Staircase. Wife happens to "fall down the stairs" the same night she (most likely) learned her husband is trolling for male prostitutes on the computer.

Lots of skeevy stuff in Tiger King, but opening the pizza place at the zoo and serving customers expired Walmart meats legit grossed me out.
Old 03-30-20, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Definitely an odd story all around. I think just about everybody involved is a scumbag on some level. Joe is just a crazy nutbag all around, although I do think that a lot of what he said was hot air and he may have not actually acted on what he was saying. To a degree I think he got set up by Jeff. Still at the same time he acted out violent acts using props for his “Carole” target.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-30-20 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-30-20, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
I'm not going to talk about anything related to that any more I've said my peace. You guys want to believe she is as much of a monster as the others in the show then ok.

Here's another really good article about the doc from The Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/3/...vey-joe-exotic
Haha just watched this and while I will no way say she is the worse, she is definitely a colossal, abusive piece of shit.

This thing whole series was crazy from start to finish.
Old 03-30-20, 08:37 PM

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
If any good can come from this hopefully they will reopen the investigation into Carol's husbands death. Finished it. Batshit crazy that is for sure all of them are. I am glad people are understanding Carol is just as bad as the rest of them.

The buzz this is creating I would be shocked if there is not a follow-up down the road.
Old 03-30-20, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Over the last week this show has blown up like crazy. Everyone I know is talking about it.
Old 03-31-20, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Over the last week this show has blown up like crazy. Everyone I know is talking about it.
The best true crime really gets under your skin, stays with you. Memorable characters and general seediness. And then on top of that you have people stuck at home. This is golden meme material as well.
Old 03-31-20, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post

Lots of skeevy stuff in Tiger King, but opening the pizza place at the zoo and serving customers expired Walmart meats legit grossed me out.

Jay G. (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 01:53 PM

I can’t believe it took me 5 episodes to think “why the fuck is this guy (the ex-husband) doing this interview shirtless????”
Old 03-31-20, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most everyone has said all that could be said about this, but I have one observation. The simple fact the guy who Scarface was based on, was the most down to earth and sensible character in the series speaks volumes.
Deftones (04-10-20)
Old 04-01-20, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
I think most everyone has said all that could be said about this, but I have one observation. The simple fact the guy who Scarface was based on, was the most down to earth and sensible character in the series speaks volumes.
Yes, I truly believe that guy got dismembered in his house by accident.
Old 04-01-20, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey all you cats and kittens... Carole fucking did it!
Old 04-01-20, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I can’t believe it took me 5 episodes to think “why the fuck is this guy (the ex-husband) doing this interview shirtless????”

Yeah I wold have told him nice tats and all but please put a shirt on you make me uncomfortable...

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

Explain??? Somehow this went right over my head...
Old 04-01-20, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Has anyone come across people who get angry when you ask them if they've watched this? My wife gets all bent when the topic comes up and low key accused me of being Gay for watching ep 1. I follow Leslie Jones on IG and she made a whole angry post asking people to stop asking her if she's seen Tiger King proclaiming she would never watch that shit. She was even seemingly blocking those who tried to recommend it or who tried to convince here she's missing out.

I mean fuck...this show has people legit fucked up on all sides.
Old 04-01-20, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

According to the big cat rescue operation in Indiana, tigers are cheap. They can be found for a few hundred dollars. When some drug dealer goes to prison, or some tourist attraction goes bankrupt and the owner walks away, someone has to get rid of the big cats in a hurry.
Old 04-01-20, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched all of it and found it entertaining, but I would never recommend this to anyone.

Old 04-01-20, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
I watched all of it and found it entertaining, but I would never recommend this to anyone.
It was just alright. I think the hype for it is a bit much. Like someone mentioned, the combo of whacky characters and being quarantined propelled it.

It’s a shame that people will know this guy’s name, but not someone like Dan Schneider in the Netflix doc The Pharmacist.

Last edited by dex14; 04-01-20 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-01-20, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
I'm the opposite I recommended it to every person I know who has Netflix. It's a fascinating look in to a part of the country and group of people that most Americans have no knowledge of and it's endlessly entertaining.
Old 04-02-20, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Just saw where O.J. thinks Carole is guilty of murdering her husband. Finally, an expert on the subject
TheDude (04-07-20)
Old 04-02-20, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

This show is blowing up on my social media and a lot of the places I frequent on the world wide web. Gonna have to check it out. The last doc mini series that got this kind of hype was Making a Murderer and I loved that.
Old 04-02-20, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Inmate & ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Reportedly In Coronavirus Quarantine In Fort Worth Prison

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.