DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Boys (Amazon) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/4/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/650029-boys-amazon-season-2-thread-premieres-9-4-20-a.html)

mphtrilogy 10-07-20 09:50 AM

Re: The Boys (Amazon) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/4/20

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13817356)
When we learned Stormfront was a Nazi I finally got her superhero name on both levels.

What did Deep call the whale? Laura? :lol:

And a Billy Joel album!

Eric F 10-07-20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy (Post 13819282)
And a Billy Joel album!

Make that three levels. :lol:

Rival11 10-08-20 07:18 AM

Love this show.

jpcamb 10-08-20 03:04 PM

so is the exploding heads the work of the "fly" or is that not yet known?

The Questyen 10-08-20 08:42 PM

Fantastic final episode!

dex14 10-08-20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13820198)
so is the exploding heads the work of the "fly" or is that not yet known?

It gets revealed in the finale.

devilshalo 10-08-20 08:56 PM

Such a damn good season.

"Don't be a c*nt."

dex14 10-08-20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13820378)
Such a damn good season.

"Don't be a ****."

“The C unts at Vaught”

Red Hood 10-08-20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13820369)
Fantastic final episode!

It was amazing. The reveal at the end was even more impressive. Looking forward to Season 3

The Questyen 10-08-20 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13820388)
It was amazing. The reveal at the end was even more impressive. Looking forward to Season 3

My wife and I looked at each other and said the same thing as the credits hit
Spoiler:
"AOC has powers?"

candyrocket786 10-09-20 12:02 AM

Girls Get It Done 👍...Now that's how you do it MARVEL.

Red Hood 10-09-20 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13820476)
My wife and I looked at each other and said the same thing as the credits hit
Spoiler:
"AOC has powers?"

I got some questions though
Spoiler:
- Is "AOC"'s daughter or sister the girl at the Supes ward/hospital/testing facility that had the same powers?
- What's her motive for doing what she did? She wants to bring Vought/Scientology down, but didn't kill Homelander and Stormfront when she had the chance?
- Is she related to Stan Edgar?

Noonan 10-09-20 07:47 AM

Spoiler:
Did the kid's eye beam cut his mother's throat like that?

Did it also do all that damage to stormfront after Homelander's didn't do much of anything to her? Or did he go ape shit and rip her limbs off after the eye beam, off screen?

Red Hood 10-09-20 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13820575)
Spoiler:

Did it also do all that damage to stormfront after Homelander's didn't do much of anything to her? Or did he go ape shit and rip her limbs off after the eye beam, off screen?

Spoiler:
I think the kid hit Stormfront with the beams and she squeezed the neck harder, cutting the artery in the neck with her thumb. Then the kid went all apeshit on her and tore her limb for limb.

candyrocket786 10-09-20 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13820575)
Spoiler:

I think...
Spoiler:
Ryan's laser beams completely ripped of Stormfront's limbs, but since she had a hold of Becca's neck, I don't think she ever released her grip

spainlinx0 10-09-20 10:20 AM

I agree with Candyrocket. If I remember correctly, she looked burned/singed everywhere.

That was an absolutely insane finale. I'm pretty sure this is getting another season, but they could have easily done this as a series finale, and I would have been OK with it.

I'm also not sure about the motive from the Senator, but I guess we'll find out. If her goal is actually to destroy Vought, then her actions could lead to that. I'm curious to see where they take this. It does make sense why her head didn't explode as well. Does she work for Vought as well though? Does Vought have splintering factions? How else would she go unnoticed as a supe by Vought? They create them. Is she a supe-terrorist from another country?

Timber 10-09-20 10:48 AM

The PSA in the beginning was way freaky and honestly someplace I can see things actually heading.

spainlinx0 10-09-20 10:53 AM

Yes, this show is really good at using current events for plots.

Noonan 10-09-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 13820694)
The PSA in the beginning was way freaky and honestly someplace I can see things actually heading.

Did you watch the after show? They started off talking about it and its similarity with how we treat school shooters.

devilshalo 10-09-20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 13820663)
I'm also not sure about the motive from the Senator, but I guess we'll find out. If her goal is actually to destroy Vought, then her actions could lead to that. I'm curious to see where they take this. It does make sense why her head didn't explode as well. Does she work for Vought as well though? Does Vought have splintering factions? How else would she go unnoticed as a supe by Vought? They create them. Is she a supe-terrorist from another country?

I don't think the Senator works for Vought. She has her own agenda and needs to keep certain people in her pocket like Starlight and the 7 since they castrated Homelander. That's why she killed Raynor, to have Mallory on her side. It's very calculated and is starting to play out like House of Cards: The Boys edition with her using the Church of the Collective. I assume there's going to be federal oversight on how the 7 are used.

I felt bad for The Deep tho. :lol:

Cellar Door 10-09-20 10:58 PM

That was fucking awesome!
Spoiler:

LOVED Maeve showing up to save the day, and then the three 'girls' kicking the shit out of Stormfront.

I LOL'd at Homelander's reaction when Stormfront, Homelander, and Ryan were at the cabin and Stormfront went full Nazi with Ryan, warning him about white genocide.

Very sad to see Becca die, but that whole character arc with her and Butcher and Ryan was really well done. Butcher setting things up to get Ryan out of the way, then his conscience getting the better of him and admitting his betrayal, her forgiving him, him ready to sacrifice himself to protect them both, Becca's death... damn.

I also love the Hughie/Annie relationship, and not just the fanboy fantasy aspect of it. He's so pure and optimistic, and she's drawn to that because she kind of is too, though her experiences of late have started to make her become more jaded. I was surprised where Annie ended up, but her explanation was reasonable. Being on the inside is probably the safest place for her.

cultshock 10-10-20 12:12 AM

Wow, that was a fantastic finale. Amazing show, I'm sad that it will likely be a long wait for more.

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 13820694)

"Heading"? Don't schools in the US show kids safety videos related to school shootings these days? I think we're there. :lol:

collven 10-10-20 12:23 AM

Regarding Ryan and Stormfront, I was under the impression that he can't control his powers yet, so Ryan's laser beams were unfocused. That's why Stormfront's whole body was destroyed, and not surgically cut like Homelander would have done. That also might be why Ryan was able to damage her. Easier to heal from focused laser blasts instead of, basically, an explosion.

DWilson 10-10-20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by cultshock (Post 13821155)
Wow, that was a fantastic finale. Amazing show, I'm sad that it will likely be a long wait for more.

"Heading"? Don't schools in the US show kids safety videos related to school shootings these days? I think we're there. :lol:

I've certainly gotten them at my job.

Timber 10-10-20 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by cultshock (Post 13821155)

Well I guess only heading in the sense that all teachers will have guns in their desks.