Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Total Madness (MTV) -- premieres 4/1/20

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-20, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Total Madness (MTV) -- premieres 4/1/20

Yeah that was insanely stupid but I guess his logic was there was only one more men's challenge. Better to be 50/50 (and maybe he thought he had an edge on Johnny for some reason) this week versus less than a 50% shot of even making it into the challenge next time.
Old 06-05-20, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Dumb move on Wes' part. They were basically controlling the house and he could have gone against Josh, Kyle or Swaggy and would have had a better chance to win over any of them than Bananas. You know there was going to be at least another one or two men's eliminations.

That being said...can I state how much I hate "luck of the draw" eliminations? You get lucky and happen to hit the right boxes with the batteries and you win. Same with that earlier elimination with Ashley. Smash stuff and if you smash the right stuff by lucky choice, you win.

And I like trivia better without multiple choice options. Some of the answers people have given over the years are classic.

And I know that there was not a lot of Swaggy or his girlfriend in this episode but it is amazing how I find both of them highly annoying with only maybe a minute of air time. I hope they are never invited back.
Old 06-05-20, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
That being said...can I state how much I hate "luck of the draw" eliminations? You get lucky and happen to hit the right boxes with the batteries and you win. Same with that earlier elimination with Ashley. Smash stuff and if you smash the right stuff by lucky choice, you win.

And I like trivia better without multiple choice options. Some of the answers people have given over the years are classic.

And I know that there was not a lot of Swaggy or his girlfriend in this episode but it is amazing how I find both of them highly annoying with only maybe a minute of air time. I hope they are never invited back.
Agree strongly with all three points here. Dumb luck eliminations are not satisfying. Although Johnny checked his holes more thoroughly than Wes so I guess it wasn't totally luck. Didn't like the format of this trivia. With the multiple choice and then tossing an X onto someone (they didn't normally do that, did they?). And Swaggy (even his name is annoying) and his girl were insufferable on Big Brother and can't stand them here either although they're actually toned down.
Old 06-05-20, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
And Swaggy (even his name is annoying) and his girl were insufferable on Big Brother and can't stand them here either although they're actually toned down.
Agreed, they are a blight upon the senses. Not sure why the show is so attracted to awful personalities from Big Brother. For every Fessy or Kaycee there are two Paulies and Joshes.
The following users liked this post:
Finisher (06-05-20)
Old 06-08-20, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Dee is now banned from The Challenge.

Not sure exactly she said, but I know that Swaggy C was somehow involved in the whole thing.
Old 06-08-20, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by windom

https://twitter.com/ChallengeMTV/sta...79126960361472

Not sure exactly she said, but I know that Swaggy C was somehow involved in the whole thing.
She was staying with Wes and he asked her to leave his house and his city.

Old 06-08-20, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by windom

https://twitter.com/ChallengeMTV/sta...79126960361472

It looks like she said something flippant along the lines of being a BLM supporter since she lost her virginity. Then Bayleigh called her out on it, and Dee went back at her. Honestly, it just seemed like silliness to me, but like I said in the Flash thread these are sensitive times.
Old 06-09-20, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Found the video. Go to 2:35 to watch it. Four (!) guys carry a flamingo statue and put it on CT's bed (Kenny, Wes, Bananas & Evan). None of these dudes are small guys and they are all four having to help carry the thing.

CT shifts it easily on the bed with one hand then then picks up up with two hands (more for leverage it looks like than necessarily needing the two hands) and carries it out the door. Goddamn.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1loqww
Sorry to follow up so late but I am rewatching Rivals 1 season that I downloaded years ago which had all the dailies and after-shows and stuff and on one of the after-shows hosted by the Miz, they asked Wes and Evan when they knew they had to get rid of CT and why they were so scared of him. They mentioned the swan incident and how they all were all shocked how easily he was able to carry it and that scared them because NONE of them could have done it.

Also here is a excerpt from a blog Adam did back during the season.

"LIFTING THE MARBLE SWAN I know it looks pretty ridiculous watching 4 big guys carry that swan statue, but the truth is that it was extremely heavy, and you are always wary about getting injured early in the competition. Could fewer guys have carried it? Absolutely, but they were playing it safe. However, each of those guys (Evan, Kenny, Johnny, and Wes) all tried individually to pick it up, and none of them could do it alone. They asked me to help and after making one feeble attempt to lift it myself, I decided to err on the side of caution and stay away from it. Wes actually made a bet with Evan that he could do it, but I forgot was was at stake. I think it was $50 or something like that. If you listen carefully, you can hear me yelling at CT not to pick up the swan as he’s walking toward Mandy’s bed, I was fearful he would throw his back out and it would affect his performance the next day in the Challenge. I was wrong."
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (06-09-20)
Old 06-09-20, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It looks like she said something flippant along the lines of being a BLM supporter since she lost her virginity. Then Bayleigh called her out on it, and Dee went back at her. Honestly, it just seemed like silliness to me, but like I said in the Flash thread these are sensitive times.
You would think by now that most people would learn the saying, if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all. People's social media accounts are costing them a lot lately.

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Sorry to follow up so late but I am rewatching Rivals 1 season that I downloaded years ago which had all the dailies and after-shows and stuff and on one of the after-shows hosted by the Miz, they asked Wes and Evan when they knew they had to get rid of CT and why they were so scared of him. They mentioned the swan incident and how they all were all shocked how easily he was able to carry it and that scared them because NONE of them could have done it.

Also here is a excerpt from a blog Adam did back during the season.

"LIFTING THE MARBLE SWAN I know it looks pretty ridiculous watching 4 big guys carry that swan statue, but the truth is that it was extremely heavy, and you are always wary about getting injured early in the competition. Could fewer guys have carried it? Absolutely, but they were playing it safe. However, each of those guys (Evan, Kenny, Johnny, and Wes) all tried individually to pick it up, and none of them could do it alone. They asked me to help and after making one feeble attempt to lift it myself, I decided to err on the side of caution and stay away from it. Wes actually made a bet with Evan that he could do it, but I forgot was was at stake. I think it was $50 or something like that. If you listen carefully, you can hear me yelling at CT not to pick up the swan as he’s walking toward Mandy’s bed, I was fearful he would throw his back out and it would affect his performance the next day in the Challenge. I was wrong."
Another..."Goddamn!" I really hope that CT will hit the gym hard and lay off the Twinkies for a future season.
Old 06-09-20, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Was she prego when this was filmed?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...031111362.html
Old 06-09-20, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Was she prego when this was filmed?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...031111362.html
Wow! They started fliming in late October, so she was pregnant when this was filmed.

Last edited by lwhy?; 06-09-20 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-09-20, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Wow! They started fliming in late October, so she was pregnant when this was filmed.
Based on the rumors I'm pretty sure it comes up in a future episode.
Old 06-09-20, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Based on the rumors I'm pretty sure it comes up in a future episode.
Crazy I wonder if they have to undergo physicals before they are allowed to be on the show, but she was probably a month or less pregnant at the time. I know on The Bachelor they make contestants take STD Tests. I don't know how widely spread that is in reality tv.
Old 06-10-20, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MTV cut ties with Cory's girlfriend and chose not to air their special over her past racist comments on social media. https://tvline.com/2020/06/10/teen-m...racist-tweets/
Old 06-10-20, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not that I really care one way or another about her being banned, but reading the story it looks like she was confronted about those comments on a past MTV show. They aired it for entertainment, and now they are "cutting ties" with her over the same comments.
Old 06-10-20, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The ending felt weird and then I realized that they had edited out all of Dee's confessionals.
Old 06-10-20, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ending felt weird and then I realized that they had edited out all of Dee's confessionals.
I also noticed that Dee didn't have any confessionals this episode. I wonder if MTV is going to remove any confessionals or instances where Dee acknowledges the camera in future episodes.
Old 06-11-20, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was hoping she would be eliminated and we'd be done with her being on the show. I hope she doesn't pull a Camila and win...
Old 06-11-20, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did she even talk in the show? I don't remember her saying anything during the challenge, and most certainly didn't in purgatory. Is that why it was only 1 hour this week?

Old 06-11-20, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Did she even talk in the show? I don't remember her saying anything during the challenge, and most certainly didn't in purgatory. Is that why it was only 1 hour this week?
She talked in the tribunal scene.
Old 06-11-20, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not that I really care one way or another about her being banned, but reading the story it looks like she was confronted about those comments on a past MTV show. They aired it for entertainment, and now they are "cutting ties" with her over the same comments.
How far is this kinda stuff going to go?

I get that MTV wants to protect its brand but it has a history of airing/supporting/showing racist stuff. Suddenly they are going to erase everything from the past? Someone who made some stupid tweets as a kid 10 years ago are fucked?

And cutting Dee out of the show just makes her look like less of a bitch. Show her on the show as normal and the audience will understand why they cut ties with her. I have never liked Dee but it seems weird to erase her almost like Han never shot first.

I mean...I guess I get it and there are consequences to your actions but...eh, I don't know.

Maybe all this will at least cut down on the stupidity that people post on social media all the time.

Anyhoo...hated to see Mattie go out like that. I have always liked her but dang, is she subdued since she quit drinking. She is like an entirely different person and sad to say...kinda dull. Maybe it is just the edit.

Rogan's face when Johnny asked for permission to send in Dee was fucking hilarious and I almost had my drink run out of my nose from laughing so hard.

That was a tough challenge at the end but the first one kinda sucked. One...let them know they can't share flags up front instead of springing it on them at the end. I could have sworn I remember when similar stuff has been done with no consequences. And two, it appeared that the person hanging on the outside was in a lot harder position to get the flags typically. Didn't seem very even.
Old 06-12-20, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not sure if I have gone from liking/not minding a competitor to full out loathe as fats as Dee (before her online comments). She went from underdog who couldn't swim, to being carried to winning a final, to getting the biggest ego. My girlfriend hates her, it's funny. I hope Jenny just comes in and squashes her in an elimination, like volunteers to do everyone a favor. Once I saw the enclosed casket thing, I knew Mattie was done for, she's too big, Kaycee would've done great in that.
Old 06-12-20, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I watched the unedited version on MTV Canada website earlier today and it was much better and gave more context to the whole show. It actually made Dee look worse and she was definitely being giving the villain edit prior to all her issues this past week. Editing her out the way they did was dumb and unless there were advertisers threatening to pull the show I think it was a bullshit decision. I have no issues with her firing but they should just air the show as is.

One thing I found funny was the shower hook up with Aneesa laughing at how quick it was and the context of Rogan fucking her literally and then figuratively later in the elimination to send her in.
Old 06-17-20, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, after watching this episode, they really cut Dee out of the show. I bet they wish somehow they would've gotten Jenny and her in an elimination early and have Jenny just blow her away.
Old 06-18-20, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Cory was about to go home for a few minutes. I'm rooting for him to win this season. He's grown up quite a bit. For someone with a photographic memory, Swaggy kept hitting the same buttons...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.