Reload this Page >

The Challenge: Total Madness (MTV) -- premieres 4/1/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Total Madness (MTV) -- premieres 4/1/20

Old 05-19-20, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Total Madness (MTV) -- premieres 4/1/20

Bananas is making the reality show rounds. He's now on food networks worst cook in America.
Old 05-19-20, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I think Evan and Kenny completely changed the way the show was played, and their alliance dominated the game for five years. It's funny that their final challenge before their ban was CT's first one back after his banishment. JB, who was never really more than the third wheel in that alliance, both benefited from them leaving and then eventually suffered because Evan and Kenny were much better social players than he was.
Old 05-20-20, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Great "business move" by Wes and Bananas throwing Jordan in against Fessy, but shouldn't they have thrown in Cory against Nelson? That way you get rid of at least one of the Young Bucks.
Old 05-21-20, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Great "business move" by Wes and Bananas throwing Jordan in against Fessy, but shouldn't they have thrown in Cory against Nelson? That way you get rid of at least one of the Young Bucks.
I thought the same thing, but they talked about Corey being malleable to their needs. Plus I think they don't see Corey or Nelson being a threat in a final.
Old 05-21-20, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
I thought the same thing, but they talked about Corey being malleable to their needs. Plus I think they don't see Corey or Nelson being a threat in a final.
Bear seems like way less of a threat than either of them. I guess they figure they'll gas out in the finals.

Man that was brutal watching Jordan. Didn't Fessy get NFL tryouts? Probably the biggest/strongest body to ever compete on this show.
Old 05-21-20, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Bear seems like way less of a threat than either of them. I guess they figure they'll gas out in the finals.

Man that was brutal watching Jordan. Didn't Fessy get NFL tryouts? Probably the biggest/strongest body to ever compete on this show.
I think CT is bigger than him.
Watching Jordan get annihilated was rough.
Old 05-21-20, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
I think CT is bigger than him.
Fessy is 6'5, 240ish pounds
CT is 6 even
Old 05-22-20, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It sucked to see Jordan go out that way. I thought he would maybe have something up his sleeve like he did with the tug of war elimination last season but that challenge just seemed impossible for someone with a partial hand...especially against someone that big and strong.

I get it and why they did it but would have thought they might try to send someone else up against Fessy to possibly take him out and get Jordan out later. Or just block Jordan from all eliminations so he doesn't get a chance at a skull. Now Fessy has a skull and I doubt they send anyone else against him so he will likely coast to the final.

And it was dumb sending Bear against Nelson. They could have broken up Nelson and Corey (plus it would have been a better match-up to boot). Now Nelson will be even more insufferable that he has a skull and most of the others do not. Not exactly sure what the thought process on that decision was.
Old 05-22-20, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sadly as good as Jordan is and he is one of the best all around competitors ever on this show and one of the best athletes as well, he had zero change against Fessy in this elimination. In fact I don't think ANYONE would beat Fessy in this specific elimination. He is too big and too athletic and with his D1 football background has a good understanding of body positioning and leverage.

Zach was the biggest competitor size-wise before Fessy but I think Fessy is bigger even though Zach in his prime was more cut. But Zach lacks heart in my opinion which causes him to flop or fail in certain things he has a clear size or athletic advantage over others.

However unless Fessy shows me something amazing strength wise, I still maintain that CT in his prime is the strongest person to ever compete on the challenge. People have said his strength in insane. He never had popcorn muscles even when he was cut AF. Even people bigger than him have said he was so much stronger than them that is was freaky. Guy was a legit athletic freak in his prime. Remember that story about how Evan Kenny and Johnny put this 400 pound statue in one of the girls bed as a prank and it took all 3 of them to move it and do it. CT was all pissed and just picked the thing up one handed and moved it back. They couldnt believe it and it legit scared them even more than they were already. I realize 400lbs was probably an exaggeration but still it took 3 of them to move it and he did it one handed.

Last edited by Unclejosh; 05-22-20 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-22-20, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
Zach was the biggest competitor size-wise before Fessy but I think Fessy is bigger even though Zach in his prime was more cut.
Looks like Zach is 6'2 and a half. Seems way taller, same with CT. Checking their NFL combine stats, both Fessy and Zach put up 22 bench reps. So similar strength, but Fessy has 2 plus inches on him. Safe bet CT would top 22 reps around the same age.
Old 05-23-20, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly as good as Jordan is and he is one of the best all around competitors ever on this show and one of the best athletes as well, he had zero change against Fessy in this elimination. In fact I don't think ANYONE would beat Fessy in this specific elimination. He is too big and too athletic and with his D1 football background has a good understanding of body positioning and leverage.

Zach was the biggest competitor size-wise before Fessy but I think Fessy is bigger even though Zach in his prime was more cut. But Zach lacks heart in my opinion which causes him to flop or fail in certain things he has a clear size or athletic advantage over others.

However unless Fessy shows me something amazing strength wise, I still maintain that CT in his prime is the strongest person to ever compete on the challenge. People have said his strength in insane. He never had popcorn muscles even when he was cut AF. Even people bigger than him have said he was so much stronger than them that is was freaky. Guy was a legit athletic freak in his prime. Remember that story about how Evan Kenny and Johnny put this 400 pound statue in one of the girls bed as a prank and it took all 3 of them to move it and do it. CT was all pissed and just picked the thing up one handed and moved it back. They couldnt believe it and it legit scared them even more than they were already. I realize 400lbs was probably an exaggeration but still it took 3 of them to move it and he did it one handed.
Is that statue story you mentioned on video?
Old 05-23-20, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Is that statue story you mentioned on video?
Yep. I cant remember if it was a bonus clip that MTV used to show on their website or on The Shit They Should Have Have Shown episode.
Old 05-24-20, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Found the video. Go to 2:35 to watch it. Four (!) guys carry a flamingo statue and put it on CT's bed (Kenny, Wes, Bananas & Evan). None of these dudes are small guys and they are all four having to help carry the thing.

CT shifts it easily on the bed with one hand then then picks up up with two hands (more for leverage it looks like than necessarily needing the two hands) and carries it out the door. Goddamn.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1loqww
Old 05-24-20, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found the video. Go to 2:35 to watch it. Four (!) guys carry a flamingo statue and put it on CT's bed (Kenny, Wes, Bananas & Evan). None of these dudes are small guys and they are all four having to help carry the thing.

CT shifts it easily on the bed with one hand then then picks up up with two hands (more for leverage it looks like than necessarily needing the two hands) and carries it out the door. Goddamn.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1loqww
There is another follow up video where they discuss his strength and stuff regarding this incident.
Old 05-24-20, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was Kenny's last challenge, and it's too bad* because he never got to use the big container of STFU he had over Wes from literally picking him up and carrying him in the final challenge.

*obviously if he and Evan actually did what they were accused of then MTV was right to ban them.
Old 05-25-20, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That carrying Wes thing is so overhyped. He carried him for about 30 seconds total as a joke. Had zero impact on anything. Kenny wouldn't have even been in the final if it wasn't for Wes carrying him through most of the daily missions and season.
Old 05-25-20, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That carrying Wes thing is so overhyped. He carried him for about 30 seconds total as a joke. Had zero impact on anything. Kenny wouldn't have even been in the final if it wasn't for Wes carrying him through most of the daily missions and season.
Definitely. Kenny was carried all the way to the finale by his alliance every season. He has no room to talk crap about anyone.
Old 05-28-20, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The majority of eye candy just went home tonight. I feel like Kaliah and Jenna just quit. The Holy Trinity is now down to Mother Nany aka Turbo's Mom.
Old 05-28-20, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did Jenna throw it at the end? She seemed to have a lead then .. poof, gone. Not really sure there. Not happy to see the hotties go. Nany is such a shitty friend. Seems like she could've kept at least one of them from going in.

Old 05-28-20, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Did Jenna throw it at the end? She seemed to have a lead then .. poof, gone. Not really sure there. Not happy to see the hotties go. Nany is such a shitty friend. Seems like she could've kept at least one of them from going in.
They both seemed mentally exhausted and I think they just quit.
Old 05-28-20, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Never been a Kailah fan so that was fine to see her go. And the way she talked about Bear the last few episodes was strange. She was talking about this long time boyfriend of hers and how she wasn't there for the hook-up and then on a dime, she is acting like her and Bear have the same kind of relationship that Jordan and Tori have. She has always come across as extra trashy. Any updates on how that all went down - The Bear, Kailah, Poor Guy triangle?

Jenna just wasn't there. She is a great competitor and I am a fan of hers but she comes across as letting any dude she loves run over her 24/7. It is always interesting and sad to see such a hot chick, who could have any dude she wanted, be used like a doormat time and time again. I guess some people are just wired that way. Once again, Zach fucks up her game (and has a past of doing that with other cast members as well). They will last as long as Jenna accepts him running everything.

I like Aneesa and wish she and CT would both get themselves in better shape to become stronger competitors. CT would likely still dominate and Aneesa would have a better chance. When you can win that much money plus the per episode payment, why wouldn't you?
Old 05-28-20, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
The majority of eye candy just went home tonight.
Now they can both go home to their healthy relationships.
Old 05-28-20, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jenna just wasn't there. She is a great competitor and I am a fan of hers but she comes across as letting any dude she loves run over her 24/7. It is always interesting and sad to see such a hot chick, who could have any dude she wanted, be used like a doormat time and time again. I guess some people are just wired that way. Once again, Zach fucks up her game (and has a past of doing that with other cast members as well). They will last as long as Jenna accepts him running everything.
No kidding. For anyone who doesn't remember, the way Jenna was introduced to the MTV universe was through her "party promoter DJ" and scumbag compulsively cheating boyfriend who was on The Real World, where he repeatedly humiliated her during the show. I don't know her of course, but she sure seems like a decent enough girl who happens to also be incredibly attractive. Why she finds douche-bags so irresistible is something for her psychoanalyst to help her figure out.
I like Aneesa and wish she and CT would both get themselves in better shape to become stronger competitors. CT would likely still dominate and Aneesa would have a better chance. When you can win that much money plus the per episode payment, why wouldn't you?
Haha no kidding. What a gift to Aneesa this elimination was. Now we get to watch her die during a final.
Old 05-28-20, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any updates on how that all went down - The Bear, Kailah, Poor Guy triangle?
When I looked her up on social media a few weeks ago she was quarantined with a different unrelated guy.
Old 06-03-20, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always love the trivia challenges, but I'm shocked Dee won. She hasn't come off as the brightest bulb in the box.

I think Wes made a huge mistake tonight. Why go into elimination against the guy you're running the house with? Especially in a needle in a haystack elimination challenge.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.