TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lego Masters

Old 07-07-21, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Lego Masters

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Really nice builds this episode, the floating brick challenge. I thought the whale and squid was amazing and should have won but there were lots of very solid builds like the bee and farmer one and the turtle one and with the gnome one.
It felt to me like they didn't want the Golden Lego to go to the same team twice as there's no way that the whale and squid wasn't miles better than Dick-Nose the Gnome.
Old 07-07-21, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 198 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump
It felt to me like they didn't want the Golden Lego to go to the same team twice as there's no way that the whale and squid wasn't miles better than Dick-Nose the Gnome.
I thought the same, -as I was waiting for the decision I felt that they would spread out the glory rather than make them the favorite. I would say I can see the "whale team" winning in the end, but with this show....
Old 07-07-21, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 365 Likes on 295 Posts

We love this show as some nice Summer filler but it feels like it has more potential and something is holding it back. I can't put my finger on it - not sure if it's the builders or how they edit the builds. I feel like it's literally a true master builder (the Asian brothers) or someone who has no chance (like the older biker brother & sister --- which was odd because I thought they were married lol). Regardless, I wish this had just a bit more "oomph".
Old 07-07-21, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Agree. I hated the gnome thing.
Old 07-07-21, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
We love this show as some nice Summer filler but it feels like it has more potential and something is holding it back. I can't put my finger on it - not sure if it's the builders or how they edit the builds. I feel like it's literally a true master builder (the Asian brothers) or someone who has no chance (like the older biker brother & sister --- which was odd because I thought they were married lol). Regardless, I wish this had just a bit more "oomph".
It feels like they're not sure how "Lego" to make it for a broad audience, -or perhaps it's the network that's unsure.

Last edited by DWilson; 07-09-21 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-08-21, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 894 Likes on 632 Posts

Yeah, my daughter called that one. I was certain the whale/squid would win, no contest. She on the other hand said they wouldn't give the golden brick back to the same team and change it up. She nailed it.

Overall this episode was better but it's clear there are some teams that really don't belong there this season.
Old 07-21-21, 02:50 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Stop yer yammering! It’s freakin’ Lego!!!

I’m in love with Lauren btw.
Old 07-21-21, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,570 Likes on 980 Posts

The wrecking ball truck getting to wait an 30 extra seconds before entering the demolition derby and then immediately yeeting straight off a cliff is the funniest thing Iíve seen this week.
Old 07-21-21, 11:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Draven
The wrecking ball truck getting to wait an 30 extra seconds before entering the demolition derby and then immediately yeeting straight off a cliff is the funniest thing I’ve seen this week.
Well, at least they went out with a bang.
Old 08-12-21, 02:30 AM
Banned

I was really impressed by Laurenís build in this episode.
Old 08-12-21, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
I was really impressed by Laurenís build in this episode.
Jamie & Amy -- "It looks a little top heavy. Lets see how it stands up to the 60mph wind."
Old 08-12-21, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 894 Likes on 632 Posts

I thought this episode was pretty weak. Nothing was all that impressive and the builds weren't all that great looking. They need to get away from these gimmick destruction builds and get back to pure creativity.
Old 08-13-21, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 365 Likes on 295 Posts

I was hoping they'd do another free-form Star Wars build... or connect with a movie theme and do that.
Old 08-18-21, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Those puppets were boring as all get out. No wonder they chose to show very little of the actual shows. And goodbye Lauren.
Old 08-19-21, 01:21 AM
Banned

Lauren, nooooooo!

Old 08-31-21, 12:40 PM
Banned

WTF!!! The punk-rock penguin was the best build by far this week!!!

This show is more about what makes good TV rather than who's the best Lego builder. I'm finding Will Arnett's commentary to be more annoying than anything.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (09-01-21)
Old 08-31-21, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
WTF!!! The punk-rock penguin was the best build by far this week!!!
I agree it was a great looking model, but for once I agreed with the judges when they said it didn't represent a combo of 2 animals very well. It was unfortunate the one guy chose coral as his animal. Of course, he had no idea he was going to have to combine his model with his partner's model, but to me it just looked like a penguin with pink feathers.

I thought it was dumb the judges criticized the one team because their animal was hidden by a busy background (I think it was the all-girls team) but praised the brothers' blowfish even though their background was very busy too.
Old 09-09-21, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know if this is how it was broadcast, but when I watched Tuesday's episode ("Castles") off my DVR, it played with the descriptive audio.
Old 09-09-21, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was a bit baffled that only Zack and Wayne seemed to take into consideration the fact that the team with the longest build was an instant finalist. Just tack on some Technics to the end to make that sucker longer and even the lame cardboard box build could've been the winner.
Old 05-16-22, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 266 Likes on 195 Posts

Like Fantasy Island, this show is also being held back for fall on Fox now: https://deadline.com/2022/05/fantasy...on-1235024560/

Season 3 was supposed to premiere on May 31st. I was looking forward to it. I still have a bunch of episodes of Domino Masters that I need to finish, at least.
Old 06-06-22, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So this is what happens when you push back your summer series to Fall: We get a half-hour "preview" episode that consists of the show's sponsored plugs of June's Jurassic Park sequel. The teams aren't introduced, but they are given a "Jurassic World"-inspired challenge and while we see them work on their designs, we are not shown the final outcome. I suppose the complete episode will be shown sometime this Fall, -or not. It was an odd, odd show, but at least it fulfilled their contract.
Old 06-06-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
So this is what happens when you push back your summer series to Fall: We get a half-hour "preview" episode that consists of the show's sponsored plugs of June's Jurassic Park sequel. The teams aren't introduced, but they are given a "Jurassic World"-inspired challenge and while we see them work on their designs, we are not shown the final outcome. I suppose the complete episode will be shown sometime this Fall, -or not. It was an odd, odd show, but at least it fulfilled their contract.
Very odd. And there was no shortage of cheesy jokes and lame attempts at humor despite the shorter run time.
Old 06-06-22, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
so basically a half hour ad for the new Jurassic World movie.
Old 06-07-22, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 266 Likes on 195 Posts

I'm looking forward to watching the woman in the green dress.

The whole episode is on Youtube (maybe not officially?):