DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   FBI: Most Wanted (CBS) -- From EP Dick Wolf (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/649549-fbi-most-wanted-cbs-ep-dick-wolf.html)

DJariya 01-07-20 01:16 PM

FBI: Most Wanted (CBS) -- From EP Dick Wolf

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...6b11539c9f.jpg

JULIAN MCMAHON STARS IN EMMY AWARD-WINNING PRODUCER DICK WOLF'S NEW DRAMA ABOUT AN ELITE TEAM OF FBI FUGITIVE TASK FORCE AGENTS WHO RELENTLESSLY TRACK AND CAPTURE THE NOTORIOUS CRIMINALS ON THE BUREAU'S MOST WANTED LIST, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "FBI: MOST WANTED," TUESDAY, JAN. 7

Kellan Lutz, Roxy Sternberg, Keisha Castle-Hughes and Nathaniel Arcand Also Star

"Dopesick" - Jess LeCroix and his elite team of FBI Fugitive Task Force agents track a doctor who's deeply involved in a world of organized crime, drugs and lies, and is on the run after a phone call records him delivering his wife's fatal shot, on the series premiere of FBI: MOST WANTED, Tuesday, Jan. 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

From Emmy Award-winning producer Dick Wolf and the team behind FBI and the "Law & Order" franchise, FBI: MOST WANTED is a high-stakes drama that focuses on the Fugitive Task Force, which relentlessly tracks and captures the notorious criminals on the Bureau's Most Wanted list. This group of highly skilled agents functions as a mobile undercover unit that's always out in the field, tirelessly pursuing those who are most desperate to elude justice. Overseeing the team is Jess LaCroix, a seasoned, enigmatic agent at the top of his game who is called upon to apprehend the most elusive and dangerous fugitives. His trusted crew includes Sheryll Barnes, an ex-NYPD detective with a psych degree and first-rate street smarts; analyst Hana Gibson, a master of data-mining and social engineering; communications expert Kenny Crosby, an Army intel vet Jess has taken under his wing; and Jess' brother-in-law, Clinton Skye, a deadly marksman with a law degree. These elite agents are always at the ready to answer the call, picking up the trail to hunt down and catch the "most wanted." Dick Wolf, René Balcer, Fred Berner, Arthur W. Forney and Peter Jankowski are executive producers for Wolf Entertainment and Universal Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Fred Berner directed the pilot from a script by Balcer.

REGULAR CAST:

Julian McMahon (Jess LeCroix)
Kellan Lutz (Kenny Crosby)
Roxy Sternberg (Sheryll Barnes)
Keisha Castle-Hughes (Hana Gibson)
Nathaniel Arcand (Clinton Skye)
RECURRING CAST: Yaya Gosselin (Tali LeCroix)
Lorne Cardinal (Nelson Skye)

GUEST CAST:

Henry Thomas (Dr. Justin Brock)
Rebecca Forsythe (Megan Curtis)
Molly Camp (Leslie Varick)
Robyn Payne (Lt. Ruddick)
Ryan M. Shaw (Forsaken Son # 1)
Trevor Long (Gil Rickman)
Maggie Weston (Sydney Lane)
Cassandre Fiering (Lilian Brock)
Sara Hogrefe (Trish Brock)
Angel Desai (Nurse Augustin)
David Roberts ((Dennis Lang)
Quinn McLogan (Cassie Varick)
Kelly Klein (Nurse Ilene)
Terrell Wheeler (Chuck Reid)
Andrea Bianchi (Asst. U.S. Attorney)
Jordan Baker (Emily Feist)
Luke Rosen (State Cop)
Sean Stolzen (Jean Jacket)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer René Balcer

DIRECTED BY: Executive Producer Fred Berner

Read more: Listings - FBI: MOST WANTED on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - FBI: MOST WANTED on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com

This is a spinoff of FBI. The backdoor Pilot aired as an episode of FBI last season. This is from the same creative team of FBI and Law and Order

Deftones 01-07-20 01:19 PM

re: FBI: Most Wanted (CBS) -- From EP Dick Wolf

I will check it out. Wasn't thrilled with the backdoor pilot, but it wasn't terrible. FBI wasn't great at the beginning, but now I enjoy the hell out of it.

mphtrilogy 01-07-20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13666977)
I will check it out. Wasn't thrilled with the backdoor pilot, but it wasn't terrible. FBI wasn't great at the beginning, but now I enjoy the hell out of it.

same here, wasn't sold on the chemistry of the pilot, but I have the DVR all set, but this gets a short leash

still enjoying the parent show

Noonan 01-07-20 02:35 PM

x3

FBI has become probably my favorite network show but the pilot was lack luster. I'll still be checking it out.

DJariya 01-07-20 02:43 PM

I'm sure we will see them do crossovers with the main show.

Alana de la Garza was supposed to be the co-lead with McMahon until she took the gig on the main show after Sela Ward left.

Noonan 01-10-20 09:45 AM

The episode that aired this week was the original Pilot we saw a while back, correct?

Deftones 01-10-20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13668608)
The episode that aired this week was the original Pilot we saw a while back, correct?

No. New episode.

Meh. I don't really like any of these characters. Not great.

Noonan 01-10-20 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13668617)
No. New episode.

Meh. I don't really like any of these characters. Not great.

Strange; it felt very familiar and I ended up not finishing it cause I thought I had seen it before. Agree though, none of the characters clicked.

Quatermass 01-10-20 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13668620)
Strange; it felt very familiar and I ended up not finishing it cause I thought I had seen it before. Agree though, none of the characters clicked.

I thought that about the original pilot episode that was shown on "FBI" - it was all too familiar. I gave it another shot and watched this, but I probably won't watch it again. It's not bad, it just feels like I've already seen it.

mphtrilogy 01-10-20 01:15 PM

The lead dude seemed to be overacting a bit too much for my taste, I doubt I will continue as well.... chemistry is huge in these shows and I just am not feeling it with this

barelypure 01-10-20 01:39 PM

How much of all these FBI shows are an effort to bring some semblance of restoring their honor after the fiasco that was Comey, Strzok, McCabe, Page and others? Or is it just their turn what will all the other cop shows and cop like shows hitting the screen these days.

Noonan 01-10-20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 13668758)
How much of all these FBI shows are an effort to bring some semblance of restoring their honor after the fiasco that was Comey, Strzok, McCabe, Page and others? Or is it just their turn what will all the other cop shows and cop like shows hitting the screen these days.

You honestly think Dick Wolf was thinking at all about the actual FBI when creating these shows? Do you think he made Chicago PD because of all the homicides there?

Deftones 01-10-20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 13668758)

Zero. Take off the tinfoil hat

Original Desmond 01-11-20 06:00 PM

not quite as good as FBI but will stay with it

DJariya 01-12-20 01:27 PM

https://deadline.com/2020/01/fbi-mos...m_term=6431290

Deadline says there will be a 2-episode crossover with FBI in the Spring.

Not surprised at all.

And not that anyone cares about ratings, but this did very well when it premiered the other night.

Dick Wolf says that they are considering doing crossovers with the Chicago shows, even though they air on different networks.

Cellar Door 01-13-20 11:37 PM

I liked it. The story moved at a brisk pace. I always like seeing Henry Thomas, even if he was just the criminal-of-the-week here.

Noonan 01-14-20 07:18 AM

Went back and finished up the episode. Decent story; unforgettable characters. None of them are compelling; from the strong/quiet lead guy to the "dealing with anger" tough guy.

Noonan 01-17-20 09:59 AM

Episode 2 was better than 1 but all the lead characters have no life to them. I'll give this a couple more weeks but it pales compared to the base show.

Original Desmond 01-21-20 05:53 AM

Second episode with the sympathetic target (mum hard done by) was poor

This show needs to go in the direction of the 2005 show called Wanted, where the team tracked down the worst of the worst. (the first episode of that show had the fugitive raping a 12 year old girl).

OldDude 01-21-20 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond (Post 13674384)
Second episode with the sympathetic target (mum hard done by) was poor

This show needs to go in the direction of the 2005 show called Wanted, where the team tracked down the worst of the worst. (the first episode of that show had the fugitive raping a 12 year old girl).

Agree. The criminals in "Most Wanted" don't seem as bad as the ones in the normal "FBI," at least last week.

DJariya 03-29-20 10:16 PM

Currently binging this on CBS All Access to get caught up for the crossover episode that aired last week. I'm on episode 6 of the 9 that aired. I do like LaCroix as the team leader and Barnes. Barnes has a pretty compelling story about her past. It also revealed that she's in a same sex relationship with a daughter.

I like it, but I don't like it as much as the original with Maggie and OA.

I do think the villains have gotten more compelling and menacing as the episodes have gone by. Episode 5 with the psycho sniper was pretty good.

One thing I do like is the scenes with LaCroix and his daughter. It humanizes him and makes him more than just some wokaholic agent.

DJariya 03-29-20 11:27 PM

Episode 8. Wow, the dude was a psychopath. Beat up the victim with a cast iron and raped her daughter & dumped her body in the car.

No more misunderstood bad guys here. They are actually bad people.

Ewww and he also raped an old man. -eek-

DJariya 03-30-20 03:47 AM

All done. 10 episodes and 7 1/2 hours of FBI and FBI Most Wanted tonight.

All caught up on both shows.

The crossover was pretty good, but I think I liked Most Wanted episode the best.

Some really well executed and tense scenes, And Skye taking out that racist bitch with the long distance silencer was pretty badass. They showed no mercy there.

Alright, that was a marathon.

Cellar Door 04-01-20 11:13 PM

This week's episode was really good, about the American agent selling secrets to the Chinese. I didn't see the little twist coming, but it made the later, final scene more interesting.

DJariya 05-06-20 12:24 PM

Renewed: