Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Crisis on Infinite Earths (The CW) -- 5 part crossover event

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-19, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
Re: Crisis on Infinite Earths (The CW) -- 5 part crossover event

Loving all the cameos. Favorite being Lucifer.
Routh as Superman has been wonderful. Disappointed he gets wiped out of reality by the snake, Luthor.
The musical cues have been delightful.
Overall a FUN 3- hour event, B+

Old 12-12-19, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Diggle and Jefferson giving each other a black dudes nod.
This was my favorite part of the episode! I doubt I'll watch the final two episodes as it's pretty clear they're going to reset everything (at least where Black Lightning is concerned and that's the only show I watch).
Old 12-12-19, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I forgot to reply to comments about Conory’s voice. I might have to rewatch, but to me I could hear him floating in and out of his Batman voice into a Bruce voice he used on occasions he wasn’t being Batman. I assumed it was a nuanced decision on his part!
Old 12-12-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Diggle and Jefferson giving each other a black dudes nod.
Two of my favorite Arrowverse characters. I'm very interested to see if Freeland gets brought to Earth-1, and of course, Diggle getting a Green Lantern ring!
Old 12-12-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The way they wrote the ending for Earth 90 Flash was very well done, especially his speech to Barry.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to close a chapter was what he said. The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace was on the after show and looked at that whole sequence as a bookend to The Flash 1990 show, since that never got an ending.
I was worried they wouldn't be able to capture how big that Flash moment was in the original Crisis comic. They'd telegraphed it so much. My memory of the comic was it was a bit more spontaneous. Flash finds himself in that circumstance and realizes what has to be done and he fucking does it. But in the past few episodes, there's just be so much hugging and lamenting his fate, etc., that it would seem more like a death march to his destiny. But no, by doing this switcheroo, I think they pulled it off perfectly.
Old 12-12-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was bummed Jim Corrigan wasn't played by a DC vet after every other tiny part was someone noteworthy. He played Lois Lane's editor on Smallville for a few eps but after 2 1/2 episodes of pure fanservice I demand more.

Really liked the comic parallels with Greenies becoming Spectre and the death of Flash-90.
Old 12-12-19, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
I was bummed Jim Corrigan wasn't played by a DC vet after every other tiny part was someone noteworthy. He played Lois Lane's editor on Smallville for a few eps but after 2 1/2 episodes of pure fanservice I demand more.

Really liked the comic parallels with Greenies becoming Spectre and the death of Flash-90.
I don't remember - did that actor play Corrigan on Constantine's original NBC show? Corrigan did make one appearance on it.
Old 12-12-19, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't remember - did that actor play Corrigan on Constantine's original NBC show? Corrigan did make one appearance on it.
No, they even referenced that, with Constantine saying “He doesn’t look like the Corrigan I know,” or something like that.
Old 12-13-19, 08:53 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The titans cameo, however brief was cool

Lucifer was awesome ! that surprised me

Tom Welling was ok, need to see him as Superman

Would have loved to have seen Michael Rosenbaum version of Lex instead of the two and a half men version

And a Kristin Kreuk cameo wouldnt go astray

The ultimate of course would be Christian Bale

Aside from the cameo's i'm finding the whole storyline a bit blah to be honest. You have being way too powerful (Monitor, Anti Monitor and Harbinger) and no one really attainable for the heros to fight. Those shadow ghost things were pathetic
Old 12-13-19, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

That Titans cameo... while unexpected, using old footage for a 2 second glimpse instead of a bigger cameo that could draw some attention to the series was kind of a waste, IMHO.

I wouldn't have minded a Rosenbaum double role as an alternative world Lex and an alternative world Flash, though.
Old 12-13-19, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Would have loved to have seen Michael Rosenbaum version of Lex instead of the two and a half men version
Originally Posted by fujishig
I wouldn't have minded a Rosenbaum double role as an alternative world Lex and an alternative world Flash, though.
Michael Rosenbaum declined the offer to be in this event.
Old 12-13-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
For the same reason you build a squad of criminals to fight a witch hell bent on destroying the world instead of calling Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, et al.... Comic Book Logic.
It also bugged me that they identified four paragons initially, two of which were right there, one had to be found, one had to go on a journey, fine. Then they reveal the other three and it's two more people who are already there and a guy who just happens to be on the Earth they're already on, one of the only 7 not destroyed.

The other comic book logic thing that boggled my mind is how is Brainy not helping Palmer with the tech stuff?
Old 12-13-19, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
Michael Rosenbaum declined the offer to be in this event.
I wonder if he signed on if they would have given a meatier role to Welling like Routh got with Superman.
Old 12-13-19, 01:20 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Probably not since Routh was already an actor in this universe. Anyone from other shows was always going to be nothing more than cool bit parts.
Old 12-13-19, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
That Titans cameo... while unexpected, using old footage for a 2 second glimpse instead of a bigger cameo that could draw some attention to the series was kind of a waste, IMHO.
But when you realize the acknowledgment that the 2 universes exist easily could have been ignored it really wasn't a waste. It meant something to a lot of us.
Old 12-13-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

So the question becomes what DC shows they left out. Fox's Gotham didn't get a single cameo or reference despite being fairly successful. Lynda Carter's absence also sticks out. Not to mention Dean Cain's Lois & Clark.
Old 12-13-19, 04:38 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

tying in all of these prior superhero shows into the Arrowverse has been pure brilliance. kudos to all involved.... awesome.
Old 12-13-19, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
So the question becomes what DC shows they left out. Fox's Gotham didn't get a single cameo or reference despite being fairly successful. Lynda Carter's absence also sticks out. Not to mention Dean Cain's Lois & Clark.
Gotham, Lois & Clark, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Powerless, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Krypton, and Pennyworth were left out of the fan service.

Old 12-13-19, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

There are still two more episodes, and wasn’t there talk of more cameos possibly being filmed during the hiatus?
Old 12-13-19, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

They already wrapped shooting the crossover. Guggenheim said there are more cameos to come in the last 2 episodes.
Old 12-13-19, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
Gotham, Lois & Clark, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Powerless, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Krypton, and Pennyworth were left out of the fan service.
I'm still waiting for Shaquille O'Neal to show up in his Steel outfit!

FYI - If you're into actual comic books, they just released Crisis on Infinite Earths Giant #1 which features a story that takes place in-between Episodes 2 and 3. A lot more familiar universes get destroyed. Available digitally and at WalMart (before hitting regular comic stores in January). Issue #2 hits next month after the crossover is complete.
Old 12-14-19, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
They already wrapped shooting the crossover. Guggenheim said there are more cameos to come in the last 2 episodes.

I forgot about Dean Cain. I thought he was confirmed. He gets all the attention because... Superman but a Teri Hatcher sighting with him would be cool.

Also forgot about Linda Carter. Doubtful that the movie division would allow a WW appearance.
Old 12-14-19, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Yeah Dean, Teri, and Linda should be easy since they have all be in Supergirl.
Old 12-14-19, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond

Aside from the cameo's i'm finding the whole storyline a bit blah to be honest. You have being way too powerful (Monitor, Anti Monitor and Harbinger) and no one really attainable for the heros to fight. Those shadow ghost things were pathetic
That's straight up from the comic book.

One thing is clear and that is that the TV side of DC/WB/WarnerMedia is doing mostly better than the film side, yet I feel that Crisis should have been the big event that DC/WB/Warnermedia should have built for when starting their DC Cinematic Universe. To most comic book fans, Crisis is the biggest event in the history of DC Comics and should have been treated the same way that Marvel/Disney did with the Infinity Gauntlet Saga. I know for a fact that the top brass at Warnermedia still clueless on what to do with the DC property as Pam Lifford took control of it last year after the AT&T merger and it seems that things are not going to change anytime soon as there's no top figure like Kevin Feige over there that can actually put everything together and make it work.
Old 12-14-19, 10:28 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Walter Hamada is the head and has been trying to correct what was done during the Snyder run.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.