TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ray Donovan (Showtime) -- Season 7

Old 11-25-19, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ray Donovan (Showtime) -- Season 7

Season seven of RAY DONOVAN finds Ray (Liev Schreiber in his three-time Emmy nominated and five-time Golden Globe nominated role) working to be the man his family needs him to be. While he makes progress with Dr. Amiot (five-time Emmy and Golden Globe winner Alan Alda), there are dangers from the past that require the Ray Donovan of old. Between NYC mayor Ed Feratti (Zach Grenier), an unrelenting NYPD officer hunting for the truth and clients old and new, Ray struggles to find the balance between fixing for clients and fixing himself. And when Feratti's corruption brings a piece of Mickey's past (Jon Voight, in his Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning role) back to New York, Ray is forced to seek answers to long-buried questions. Meanwhile, Bunchy (Dash Mihok), hoping for a fresh start, bunks in Ray's apartment and works stocking shelves at a pharmacy. Terry (Eddie Marsan) is offered a new, unconventional healing opportunity. Daryll (Pooch Hall) struggles to figure out where he fits into the Donovan clan. Bridget (Kerris Dorsey) and Smitty (Graham Rogers) face the realities of married life. A SHOWTIME production, RAY DONOVAN is executive produced by David Hollander, Mark Gordon, Bryan Zuriff and Lou Fusaro, and was created by Ann Biderman.

2 weeks have aired, including a new episode last night.
Old 11-25-19, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Ray Donovan (Showtime) -- Season 7

You'd think that Ray (or whomever did it) would be smart enough to add some cinder blocks or something to keep the bags weighted down. Or would a fishing line still be strong enough to pull up something like that?

I can't see how Mickey surived that explosion. The way they made it look, it seemed like it would be visible from space. Maybe it it mostly went upward and not outward?

I feel like something bad is going to happen to Lena.
Old 11-25-19, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There is no way Mickey died from that, at least that's my prediction. In a real life explosion? For sure. But there is too much foreshadowing for them to just write him out like this.
Old 11-26-19, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess no one has watched the second episode yet.

Spoiler:
They telegraphed Mickey's survival a mile away by showing the problem with the door at the back of the bus. Very predictable. Although I thought they'd ride out the fake death for a few episodes before the reveal.
Old 11-26-19, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes, I did watch episode 2, but I still couldn't understand how it was plausible given the size of the explosion.
Old 11-26-19, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and nobody did a body count on on the bus? Wouldn't they be missing one body or remains?
Old 11-26-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
There is no way Mickey died from that, at least that's my prediction. In a real life explosion? For sure. But there is too much foreshadowing for them to just write him out like this.
Yeah, that was pretty obvious. Even at the beginning of the 2nd episode. No way Mickey would go out like that.
Old 11-27-19, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
and nobody did a body count on on the bus? Wouldn't they be missing one body or remains?
Yea, I thought that as well. A body-count is very important - especially when we're talking about convicts. They should want to know if any of them survived the explosion and escaped.
Unless that's something that will be found out in the next episode.