Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone here seen every episode of the Simpsons?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: every episode?
YES!!
27.91%
NO!!
48.84%
ARE YOU FREAKING HIGH???!!
23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-19, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nope I used to be a regular viewer until the early 2000s but now my interest in the show just isn't there
Old 10-25-19, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Has anyone here seen every episode of the Simpsons?

Every episode? No. A vast majority? Probably. Between the season sets on DVD/Blu-ray, reruns syndicated locally back in the day and now on FXX, and watching some episodes live on Fox Iíve seen more than my share.
Old 10-25-19, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

No I removed it from my DVR a couple of years ago since I did not have the time

I still like the show but time constraints
Old 10-25-19, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got tired of it after about 5 seasons. Now my kids are old enough to watch it, and while they enjoy it, it just seems old and played out to me.

It sure was great and fresh when it came out, though. It was one of the last "water cooler" shows that everyone watched and talked about.

Before everything got so fragmented - today, there's spectacular stuff on, and no one has seen or heard of it at work, at the gym, etc.
Old 10-25-19, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, as far as I know. Having a DVR the past 15 or so years has helped. I watch them all eventually.
Old 10-25-19, 08:44 PM

Received 160 Likes on 101 Posts

I want to say yes, but I've probably missed a few of the new episodes and we don't have cable so no Simpsons World for me. We have Hulu but the new episodes don't always stick around. I worked Sunday nights for four years so I didn't catch them each week in that time.

But I want to, and up until the last few years, yeah, I could say yes.
Old 10-25-19, 08:57 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 131 Likes on 97 Posts

I watched most of the first 8 or so years, and cringe through the occasional episode I’ve seen since.
Old 10-25-19, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

The entire series will part of Disney +

So anyone here subscribing can watch at will and all in HD.
Old 10-25-19, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on Season 23 - I'm trying to catch up, but the damn show won't end!
Old 10-25-19, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cowtown View Post
I got tired of it after about 5 seasons. Now my kids are old enough to watch it, and while they enjoy it, it just seems old and played out to me.

It sure was great and fresh when it came out, though. It was one of the last "water cooler" shows that everyone watched and talked about.

Before everything got so fragmented - today, there's spectacular stuff on, and no one has seen or heard of it at work, at the gym, etc.
There is always a water cooler show. Friends. Walking Dead. Heck, even some Netflix shows are talked about at work.

Since it is being placed on Disney+, I think I will watch it all at some point in time.
Old 10-25-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know with absolute certainty, but I believe I have seen every one.
Old 10-26-19, 08:52 AM

Received 160 Likes on 101 Posts

For years, the one episode I had somehow not seen until the DVD release was the eighth season episode where Homer thinks Bart may be gay and John Waters is a guest star. I didn't see it when it aired or in syndication and was confused when people would reference an episode I hadn't seen. Then I did "play all" on the disc when the set came out and it was so weird to finally see an episode I hadn't seen.

I hadn't had that experience since some of those early first and/or second season episodes which didn't seem to make the rounds in the early syndication of my high school and college days that much, either.
Old 10-26-19, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by story View Post
For years, the one episode I had somehow not seen until the DVD release was the eighth season episode where Homer thinks Bart may be gay and John Waters is a guest star. I didn't see it when it aired or in syndication and was confused when people would reference an episode I hadn't seen. Then I did "play all" on the disc when the set came out and it was so weird to finally see an episode I hadn't seen.

I hadn't had that experience since some of those early first and/or second season episodes which didn't seem to make the rounds in the early syndication of my high school and college days that much, either.
I had missed a couple episode of the original run of Futurama somehow (probably football pre-emptions) and really enjoyed seeing them when they showed up in syndication It was a fun little experience that I won't experience again, sadly.
Old 10-26-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts

Thatís always kind of a cool thing to discover an episode of an old show that youíve somehow missed. I canít remember specifically but I know itís happened to me before.
Old 10-27-19, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

I had watched every episode up until two years ago, when my fandom for the Simpsons was finally eroded by a stretch of awful episodes. Not a hater either of the post-golden age Simpsons, the show had remained watchable for most of the past decade until a year or two ago.

It's 100% evident they have newer and younger writers handling the show these days, people that may not have even been alive when the show premiered.
Old 10-27-19, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jacob_b View Post
There is always a water cooler show. Friends. Walking Dead. Heck, even some Netflix shows are talked about at work.
Not saying you're wrong, but at my workplace (large law enforcement agency with average people), there have not been any common-interest shows in quite some time. Everything is so fragmented - but I'm not complaining---I enjoy certain shows more than ever before. Just not mass-marketed network stuff.
Old 10-27-19, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I voted yes, but there was an episode about 12 years ago that my DVR didn't catch, probably because of a football game running long. I *think* I ended up seeing it several years later, but honestly can't remember with any certainty. I'm two episodes behind this season, but I'll watch those pretty shortly here.

I still enjoy the series and have felt the last 3-4 seasons have been stronger than it's been in over a decade, but so far this season has had one of my all-time least favorite episodes so maybe things are changing for the worse again.
Old 10-27-19, 11:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen all the episodes of seasons 1-20 but then i stopped watching. always meant to watch the rest but my interest in it as waned some. Maybe when the series is finally over I'll catch up. Its been on as long as I've been alive lol
Old 10-28-19, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

I saw every episode of the first 9 seasons either when it first aired or as repeats, and some episodes here and there the following few seasons after that.

The show was basically repeating itself in many ways and everything just felt tired. I haven't watched a single episode (new or old) in 12 years or so.

It's hard to believe the show first aired in my 2nd year of college, and now I'm 50 and it's still running.
So many shows have come and gone since then. Putting it into perspective, Seinfeld started close to the same time as The Simpsons and ended 21 years ago.
Old 10-28-19, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe I have seen them all. its possible there maybe an episode i missed in one of the late teens or early 20s season, though.
We have all the episodes on our tv computer and my kids only watched that show for 2 or 3 years.
Old 10-29-19, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've only seen the first season. I don't think I've seen much if anything past then except maybe a random episode or two.
Old 10-29-19, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Whether live when they were broadcast, recorded on VCR, then DVR, and now on Hulu, I have seen every episode every week that they've aired.
Old 10-29-19, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I think I watched it sporadically up to season 10. I lost interest after that. Every once in a while I notice that it's still running, and I'm amazed. It was contemporary with Married With Children and Beverly Hills 90210.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 10-29-19 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-29-19, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think so as there are just too many
Old 10-30-19, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have seen a few episodes, just not for me. At all.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.